Farewell... (soon)

Oz Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Feb 26th is far too soon(tm)

Thank you for all the support that you have given the open source side of Second Life over the years, it is a rare thing to be able to work actively on open-source to help improve a commercial platform you enjoy as we get to do with TPVs. I hope your legacy of open source support continues.

If you want to keep your hand in on coding, we're open to patches, just raise a Jira 😉

All the very best Oz.

Beq

• Like 6

• Lindens

And now I'm crying again... Oz, I can't thank you enough for the mentorship, encouragement and friendship over the last 11 years.  I am so fortunate to consider you family and I am a better person for having worked with you.  I wish you all the best in your retirement!

• Like 17

• Moderators

Thank you, Oz, for everything you brought to Second Life and everything you have contributed to the platform. 

Your experience has been an excellent asset to Linden Lab and Second Life and you will be missed by a great many people. 

May your next adventure bring you as much satisfaction as this one has and may you always look back on this time with fond memories as we will remember you with the same. 

Be well, friend. 

• Like 8

Oz,

Very sad to hear the news - for the last 11 years you're very much been a pillar of Second Life, and it's always been a pleasure speaking with you, as well as witnessing all you have done for the viewer environment and the platform as a whole - and most of all, in having opportunities to witness and share in your sheer enthusiasm for the platform and the world within it.

That said, I wish you all the very best for the future, and perhaps one day when the world is back to some semblance of normality, I be able to take you upon that offer a coffee and a chat when I'm on your side of the Atlantic!

If  I don't get the chance to chat with you in-world before the 26th, take care of yourself and yours and (again) all the very best for the future.

Inara

• Like 8

Oz! It has been a great honor and privilege to have worked with you the past 11 years.

I remember you coming in as a liaison for third party viewers during a time of great chaos in the TPV space. You created order, structure and in doing so, kept the Open Source nature of Second Life alive. You will be missed by many!
Enjoy your retirement! You have earned it.

Jess.

• Like 14

SecondLife is something really special, and that's in no small part due to the work of you and the team. I can definitely understand needing to move on, or retire even, but I think with this last push for the cloud integration SL might actually survive long and well into the future. You'll be missed, but we all wish you the best! 

Dear Oz
I regret to inform you that you are not allowed to leave. You are to stay the nerd you are within Second Life for ever.
You broke things (often), you fixed them, you made things better (sometimes).
So, stay. What do we have to do to make you stay? Break things?
Let us know and we'll do that.
And if there is no other choice, Patch has a few sims (regions) that need new names. Make a list and Patch will (be forced) to use them. We won't hurt Patch.
*sigh*
Does sobbing help make you stay?
Don't be a stranger!
See you soon Oz!

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.