What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1297 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sims that immediately ask you to 1) read a note card with their rules, 2) accept a landmark, 3) subscribe to their group, and 4) hear a welcome message from a bot. No. Just no. Seriously, if you own a sim, you need to stop doing ALL of this crap RIGHT NOW. Yes, really, ALL of it...not just one or two things. ALL OF IT!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Group names for stores and events.

Seriously, stop giving your groups fancy names with symbols and stuff, that thos them to god knows where in the grouplist. I have over 40 groups and you ask me to wear your group tag for gifts and bonus points. But when I can't find it, because its so far off from your stores name, it just becomes a peeve.

• Like 7

On 11/29/2020 at 8:36 AM, Gatogateau said:

Every time I go to a shopping event I find new peeves!

New stupid in gacha. A very cute BOM tattoo! Yay! It is for astrology signs. I clicked and clicked on the vendor and nothing. Puzzled, I looked around and saw the gacha machine. Now, wtf would I play a gacha and get a whole bunch of astrology sign tats that have nothing to do with me? This, imho, was an incredibly stupid marketing choice. I may still get the tat, but through a 3rd party vendor on Marketplace. 

Idjits.

Wish the gachas go the way of the dodo bird. Long ago I remember one and a box popped up saying "Sorry no prize for you today" and played a sound bite saying "You pay your money --- You take your chances."  I did AR the shop/owner.

• Like 5

And then there are those Demo HUDs that have multiple click options on them -- Unpack, Blog, Landmark, etc...  Unfortunately, with how slow textures are waiting, it means that I now have to attach those HUDs and go do something else while I wait for it to rez -- or just start clicking everywhere and get all sorts of things tossed at me.

Boy, I am just full of complaints today.
*sigh*

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

This peeve happens from time to time, though in the past 2 week it’s seemingly ramped up!  (Both examples happened this week at clothing stores...)

When I meet someone randomly, and start a very nice conversation... discussing anything from avi’s to fashion. Just as I start to think... 

“Wow, this guy/girl is awesome. Maybe they’d like to be friends?”

They go and say something like...

”it’s been great chatting with you Emma! ** leans over and gives your ginger ass a sharp slap! 😋 

Or...out of nowhere...

*pulls you close for a hug, licking your freckled face!!

You get the idea!

Agh, no.... just no!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Canuck01 said:

This peeve happens from time to time, though in the past 2 week it’s seemingly ramped up!  (Both examples happened this week at clothing stores...)

When I meet someone randomly, and start a very nice conversation... discussing anything from avi’s to fashion. Just as I start to think... 

“Wow, this guy/girl is awesome. Maybe they’d like to be friends?”

They go and say something like...

”it’s been great chatting with you Emma! ** leans over and gives your ginger ass a sharp slap! 😋 

Or...out of nowhere...

You get the idea!

Agh, no.... just no!!

Well they like to be more than friend and I don't mean best friends. 

24 minutes ago, Canuck01 said:

Well if that’s the case, their really going about it the wrong way! (For me anyway!)

53 minutes ago, Canuck01 said:

How could that possibly go wrong?

giphy.gif

• Haha 5

• Log into SL for the first time in weeks to see if I can find something interesting
  • Open Destinations
  • Find something, click to TP
  • SL crashes
  • Log back into SL, Destinations icons are just swirling loading things that never load
  • Relaunch SL
  • Repeat of Destinations icons are just swirling loading things that never load
  • Say, "Yeah, about what I expect" and log off for a few more weeks and go back to watching lesbian TikToks and building new Spotify playlists

ETA: Not that my playlists are anything worthwhile, but if anyone is curious my handle is caerolle.

Edited by CaerolleClaudel
  • Sad 1

On 12/4/2020 at 12:02 AM, MissNomer Gothly said:

Sims that immediately ask you to 1) read a note card with their rules, 2) accept a landmark, 3) subscribe to their group, and 4) hear a welcome message from a bot. No. Just no. Seriously, if you own a sim, you need to stop doing ALL of this crap RIGHT NOW. Yes, really, ALL of it...not just one or two things. ALL OF IT!

Yes, one good way to make me inclined to never come back, much less to join your group or LM you, is to spam the crap outta me when I land.

Just now, CaerolleClaudel said:

Yes, one good way to make me inclined to never come back, much less to join your group or LM you, is to spam the crap outta me when I land.

Especially with some events, that spam the crap out of you inviting you to join their group. One event comes to mind, where you get 3 to 4 invites all at once, and you sit there and have to manually decline all of them. You literally only have to ask once, and even then. Have a script that records the name, so it knows for next time. To not spam that person with group invites.

• Like 2

On 12/4/2020 at 9:59 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

And, OMFG, creators that insist on f'n 5 minute demos.  The minute that demo automatically detaches, that is a lost sale.

I was just at an event (dark gothy something... I can't remember all of the effing event names. remember when an event was an EVENT???)(side peeve)...  I saw some dark lolligoth stuff I loved. Well, the demo was $L1 (and was NOT refunded). That's annoying but generally won't stop me if I like something. Well the gosh-darned (not the words I used) demo was also TIMED. I was trying it on at the sim. Yeah. I know. I'm one of THOSE. My computer was running fine but there WAS lag, plus I wanted someone else's opinion and he was taking HIS sweet time. So the next thing I know I'm standing there naked.

I liked the outfit.

I did not buy it.

I'm in the process of sending a NC to the designer about WHY I didn't buy it. I'm *sure* (sarcasm font in bold) the designer will care. But she should. She really should.

It is like some of these people don't WANT to sell things.

Yeah, the timed gets rid of the demo stuff plastered all over. But untimed demos can be well done, not distracting, if the designer gives a damn to spend the two seconds to do it.

And the circle AROUND the outfit is stupid. Put the sign over the head, off to the side, stamp demo on the texture. FFS.

/me joins Lil in the grumpy (and me naked) corner.

• Like 4

On 12/4/2020 at 12:02 AM, MissNomer Gothly said:

Oddly that doesn't bother me too much. I just decline and go on with my life. HOWEVER, it is the places where this KEEPS popping up that gets my ire up. NO MEANS NO. I said no. Leave me alone effers. grrr!

If the sim has unique rules, ya need the card upfront. 

I guess it depends on the sim how and why it is done, but I also want to say, while it doesn't peeve me out (unless nonstop), I do hear ya on the annoyance.

15 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

I was just at an event (dark gothy something... I can't remember all of the effing event names. remember when an event was an EVENT???)(side peeve)... 

Yep and I also remember when everyone and their grandmother didn't own an event. Lol. Now we are totally oversaturated with events, with the same crap at every event, or the quality is lacking most of the time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, halebore Aeon said:

Especially with some events, that spam the crap out of you inviting you to join their group. One event comes to mind, where you get 3 to 4 invites all at once, and you sit there and have to manually decline all of them. You literally only have to ask once, and even then. Have a script that records the name, so it knows for next time. To not spam that person with group invites.

I always hated mass group invites. When I used to own a club, I would put in chat maybe one or 2 times to join the clubs group, hit me with a PM.

Edited by Kimmi Zehetbauer
Old age. Converted "may" to "maybe".
  • Like 1

Logging in to my home, that I love, that is my happy place, that I have wanted to have for years (the region was popular and hard to get into), and... a group message saying the region and its sister region will be closing in a few weeks.

My place is at Erebos Harbor, a truly wonderful, special spot. It is so beautifully done, with sounds and everything... sigh. I really mean it, it was my happy place.

Peeve doesn't begin to describe how I feel.

• Sad 10

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1297 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.