What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:
7 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Grrr.

Old editing habits die incredibly hard.

When you do that, simply Refresh the screen without actually posting whatever is in the Reply box.  Then click your cursor back in the Reply box.  The Reply box will then show the stuff you quoted but did not want to quote -- but it will also show this below the quoted stuff and just above where you drag in pictures:

image.png.711194c76fbcd10715233a68353a9b64.png

Click that 'Clear editor' link and it will clear the entire Reply box.  Now you can go back and Edit whatever you wanted to edit. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

When you do that, simply Refresh the screen without actually posting whatever is in the Reply box.  Then click your cursor back in the Reply box.  The Reply box will then show the stuff you quoted but did not want to quote -- but it will also show this below the quoted stuff and just above where you drag in pictures:

Click that 'Clear editor' link and it will clear the entire Reply box.  Now you can go back and Edit whatever you wanted to edit. 

I mostly use Mobile, and if you don't IMMEDIATELY click that "clear editor" link, it disappears.  At least on mobile.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I didn't want to quote anything. I was trying to edit the original post (as I do). "Edit" has now been moved into the ellipsis in the upper right. I end up quoting because that's where the Edit button once was. Once I reflexively click "Submit Reply" it's too late.

Unlearning that habit is on my bucket list.

5 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I didn't want to quote anything. I was trying to edit the original post (as I do). "Edit" has now been moved into the ellipsis in the upper right. I end up quoting because that's where the Edit button once was. Once I reflexively click "Submit Reply" it's too late.

If you hit Quote accidentally -- and catch the mistake before hitting 'Submit Reply' -- then you can use the method I gave to clear out that quoted stuff from the Reply box ---- so you don't have to actually post a mistaken quote or anything new at all at that time.

Then go back up and click the ellipsis of the original post to edit it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I keep thinking I'm editing my original post, as one does. I hit "submit" (as one does, wink wink, nudge nudge), and then find out I made a NEW post instead of editing the old one. :| So then I delete the repeat, oh wait, we can't, so I replace the content with an x and pretend like I said something so juicy, so volatile that I had to delete it for the safety of the entire forum.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/11/2020 at 5:09 AM, Gage Wirefly said:

Today its people who demand I call them by their display name when I don't even have them enabled nor will I.

They can thank their fellow users for that, the ones who insist on using stupid unreadable fonts. 

I have always believed that if you are stupid enough to call yourself BigWang4U69 then you should be stuck with it!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Very minor peeve, more a peevette but since 'tis the season. Employment thing.
'Wanted! - ooh looks like fun and have some spare time.
'Application (some tinyurl)' - oh a googly form well ok. No biggie.
'You must be signed in..' - nope. NopeNope (insert octopus scuttling away gif here).
And all this despite the warning signs about being one happy drama free family =^^=

• Like 1

6 hours ago, So Whimsy said:

My latest pet peeve. When I am in an event and someone goes out of their way to tell me how rude I am to bump them. Well, I wouldn't bump them if I could frigging see them >.<

If you're set to "see friends only" then... that's my pet peeve. :) Well, only if you are then routinely smashing into people, or me, otherwise I don't care.

If, however, you are talking about just randomly bumping into people as they and you are rezzing or something, yeah, I don't know why people lead with then attacking others in IM. And they do.

As for me, lately I've been putting messages in local at various events where I TP and can't HELP but land on, push through, push over people because the asshats are just standing there. I've watched the pileup, and a few move, but most don't. So lately I've just been posting a PRO TIP: Move over and do your cam shopping somewhere NOT on the landing area, you morons.

Or something to that effect. :D

Funny thing, probably because no one reads local or, hell, even reads anything: No one has snarked back at me. LoL. I *have* gotten a couple of IMs where people high five me and LoL.

• Like 1

/me won't wear my really cute shoes w/out heels in front of @LittleMe Jewell

It's SL ffs, Lil, suspend some disbelief. ♥ ♥

Whoever posted a while back about idiots in a store's group chat asking where the item is at which event, for LMs, etc. OMG. That has like exploded over the past week, I swear. I fell over laughing a few times because some equally peeved people wrote in the group chat, "Read the notices (I would have added "moron" but then I'm a bee-itch). Events, LMs, etc are in the notices. In the group. In which you are chatting. See above."  FOR ONCE IT WASN'T ME!!! XD

Not a true peeve, but more like a wtf? : What is it with all the pants/shorts/skirts that are halfway unzipped and halfway pulled down and you're supposed to walk around like that? To me that is like advertising you're having a senior moment and forgot to zip up after going to the bathroom and you're walking around clueless. Like when your skirt gets tucked into your underwear, at work... (allegedly). Or maybe the phone rang when you were getting dressed and you just forgot to finish up?

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

To me that is like advertising you're having a senior moment and forgot to zip up after going to the bathroom and you're walking around clueless. Like when your skirt gets tucking into your underwear, at work... (allegedly)

That would be an awesome outfit to sell!  Dress/skirt tucked into your pantyhose.  All you'd need to add is some toilet paper stuck to the bottom of your shoe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

It's SL ffs, Lil, suspend some disbelief. ♥ ♥

Ok, it won't really hurt to walk in them in SL............. they still look stupid, IMO.

6 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

What is it with all the pants/shorts/skirts that are halfway unzipped and halfway pulled down and you're supposed to walk around like that? To me that is like advertising you're having a senior moment and forgot to zip up after going to the bathroom and you're walking around clueless. Like when your skirt gets tucking into your underwear, at work... (allegedly). Or maybe the phone rang when you were getting dressed and you just forgot to finish up?

They just want to look always ready -- clothes already half undone, to be taken off.

Or it makes it easier to play with themselves.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

High Heel shoes that don't actually have a heel.  Walking around on the balls of your feet all day would hurt like hell - not to mention that it just looks stupid.

Well, so long as we're being petty about our peeves, yes.

Along with heels clearly designed by creators who have NEVER WORN HEELS.

Or dresses made by people who obviously don't have boobs.

OH AND . . . women who are wearing tank tops or the like, but somehow have boobs that are smooshed together and lifted like they were wearing push-ups.

REAL BOOBS DON'T DO THAT, PEOPLE!

(And real women don't look like SL avatars either, but whatevs.)

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

@LittleMe Jewell I LoL'd :)

I have these and another similar, so two pair out of a gazillion pairs of footwear, but these go so well with several of my outfits. So nyah, you old grump! ♥ HOWEVER, as was mentioned ages ago, just walking around barefoot on tiptoes all the time? Is the sand that hot?  Then again, so many people don't even know how to use an ankle lock...

/me passes you my extra cane that you can use for shaking at people... and the adult beverage of your choice.

image.png.152f49bf2a8cba2090b124cc6b9f5350.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

@LittleMe Jewell I LoL'd :)

I have these and another similar, so two pair out of a gazillion pairs of footwear, but these go so well with several of my outfits. So nyah, you old grump! ♥ HOWEVER, as was mentioned ages ago, just walking around barefoot on tiptoes all the time? Is the sand that hot?  Then again, so many people don't even know how to use an ankle lock...

/me passes you my extra cane that you can use for shaking at people... and the adult beverage of your choice.

image.png.152f49bf2a8cba2090b124cc6b9f5350.png

Now those don't really bother me so much.  It's the tippy toe sneakers that just make me go... WTF where you thinking!?!  Mostly it's 3 year olds that run around on their tippy toes in sneakers.

• Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.