What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 12/9/2020 at 12:01 AM, Love Zhaoying said:

Pink may disagree.

Just fyi... I love the catsuit on the static shot of this video so I clicked to watch. The song is ok (I do think Pink has a wonderful voice) but OMG, I love the styling from the first frame on. Seicher needs! (RL person? LoL... I wish.)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Gage Wirefly said:

Today its people who demand I call them by their display name when I don't even have them enabled nor will I.

They can thank their fellow users for that, the ones who insist on using stupid unreadable fonts. 

Second Life Preferred Pronouns we must be accommodating and sensitive to how others ask to be interacted with.

df5392bf5f249d16d31bce4f669f86e1e7dd824f62afaf67c9eaab978555fbe9.jpg

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Sassy Kenin said:

Second Life Preferred Pronouns we must be accommodating and sensitive to how others ask to be interacted with.

On 12/10/2020 at 11:09 AM, Gage Wirefly said:

Today its people who demand I call them by their display name when I don't even have them enabled nor will I.

They can thank their fellow users for that, the ones who insist on using stupid unreadable fonts. 

Edited by Lyssa Greymoon
  • Like 1

This isn't a peeve (I don't peeve easily) but I don't feel like creating a thread for it.

I recently ordered some widgets online to outfit my emergency backup son's new home. I ordered four of them but only received three. The three I received were fugly, not at all as shown on the website.

I called the company to initiate a return, on the grounds that the products were not as represented, and that they'd shorted the order. After a bit of discussion, I was finally issued a shipping label and return material authorization form (RMA). The RMA showed that I was returning four widgets. Anticipating further trouble, I placed a note inside the return box along with the RMA.

Here's the note:

Hello ACME,

Enclosed are three of the four widgets I am authorized to return. I cannot return all four because you did not ship all four to me in the first place. If you require a fourth widget to complete the return, please ship it to me along with a return label.

Warmest regards,
Madelaine McMasters

Guess what I found on my porch this morning?

What a lovely way to start the weekend, I am a happy, happy camper.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yeah, I long ago figured out that mesh underclothing can pretty much only be worn alone - not actually UNDER anything (unless the under & over clothing is truly all in the same outfit)

20 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Oversized sweaters and jackets are your friends!

19 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Right, and that is why I went to the same designer's store to check out HER own frikkin lingerie! Sure, if she's making clingy clingy, the mesh isn't going to work, but on a sweater ffs? /me grumbles

I like a lot of the mesh lingerie, never liked the painted on look in system (or so now BOM). But... sigh.  I would have been nice to maybe slowly take off my sweater and look alluring in beautiful lingerie. Now, if the shirt comes off its either a tattoo or just boobs out. :)

Why on earth would you need to wear mesh lingerie that you can't even see, under loose fitting clothing? That's just going to add to your complexity for no darned reason - it offers no privacy; if your clothes loading in is an issue, chances are your bits will only be on display for longer as you now have more stuff for people to load in, and if it's to avoid peepers who upskirt or derender, it's again pretty much pointless - just wear either BOM lingerie under your clothes, or wear alpha layers, and you've solved all of the issues.

If it's because you want to be able to take something off and be in lingerie rather than your birthday suit, just put the mesh lingerie on just before taking the clothes off. 

4 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Today's first peeve (it is early, I'm keeping my option open for many peeves):

Having to rez a prim cube on which to rez other items because ya can't rez stuff on mesh, usually. And sometimes having to try a couple of times to get the damn plywood box.

First thing I do when decorating is toss down a prim rug.  I don't even bother to see if I can rez on the mesh floor as I assume I won't be able.  At least then I don't have to look at a wood plank on my floor until I'm done.  I find if I rez the rug against a wall as opposed to on the floor, it works 99% of the time.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Orwar said:

lots of stuff

If it's because you want to be able to take something off and be in lingerie rather than your birthday suit, just put the mesh lingerie on just before taking the clothes off. 

You do you, sweetie. I will do things the way I like. I have my reasons, as do you. I don't need advice given as if I'm a child, tyvm.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

First thing I do when decorating is toss down a prim rug.  I don't even bother to see if I can rez on the mesh floor as I assume I won't be able.  At least then I don't have to look at a wood plank on my floor until I'm done.  I find if I rez the rug against a wall as opposed to on the floor, it works 99% of the time.

Good idea. (Wonder if I have any prim rugs... surely I do.) I want to stare at my plywood box though because it reminds me very obviously, to finish wtf I started. :)

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Zzevir said:

You have a backup son in case of emergencys? 

21 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

She has a backup mom also.  

50 years ago, my parents and their next-door neighbors (Trudy and Walt) had already been best friends for nearly two decades. When my folks announced that they'd finally figured out how to have a child, those two were thrilled. Trudy was in the hospital room for my delivery. Over the ensuing decades, Trudy and Walt were present for virtually every important event in my life.

My father and Walt were both mechanical engineers, did work for early NASA projects and appreciated the value of redundancy. Dad eventually declared Trudy and Walt my emergency backup parents. Walt passed when I was in my 20s, but Trudy remained my emergency backup mom until almost exactly one year ago. She was followed a few months later by my primary mom.

27 years ago, upon learning that he'd got his wife pregnant nearly 20 years after their first and only child, another long time neighbor (and alcoholic) divorced her and moved away. Dad stepped into become the emergency backup male for both mother and son. My parents were at the hospital for his birth. I moved home after my divorce and started picking up where Dad was no longer able as he succumbed to Alzheimers. My engineering expertise (I can weld) and my ability to throw a hardball made me an acceptable replacement for my father.

Dad passed away when Mac was 14. A few years later, as Mac was about to graduate high school, his mother was diagnosed with cancer. The next two years would be horrific. Mac was spared most of it, as he was away at college. Before she passed, I was named executor of her estate. For the last five years, I've been doing my best to steer the young asshatman though adulthood. I'm currently in the middle of settling him into his first home.

That's not the 10,000 words you asked for, Zzevir. You get what you pay for.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Why on earth would you need to wear mesh lingerie that you can't even see, under loose fitting clothing? That's just going to add to your complexity for no darned reason - it offers no privacy; if your clothes loading in is an issue, chances are your bits will only be on display for longer as you now have more stuff for people to load in, and if it's to avoid peepers who upskirt or derender, it's again pretty much pointless - just wear either BOM lingerie under your clothes, or wear alpha layers, and you've solved all of the issues.

I don't care about pervs, but I do want pretty panties on under my skirt -- and No, the BOM ones are not as pretty.

And if I'm undressing for someone, I don't want to have to find my undies first and put them on before I undress.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.