What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Right now I'm MP shopping for Victorian & Edwardian costumes. Just my latest kink, and more choice than black latex. Anyhow, with big floaty skirts, and tight tops  and BoM, and some dodgy textures out there, I demo every outfit. 

Here's the peeve. A lot of sellers don't offer a demo link on MP. Maybe there's one in store, but I don't have that much time.

No demo.. No sale. Why don't they get that?

• Like 2

New peeve (?):

Last night I was running both Seicher and one of her alts simultaneously for taking pictures. Mmmkay. I log into Seicher's account THIS MORNING, and look at my group messages and find out... they are not MY group messages. They are a mixture of Seicher's AND the alt's! In Seicher's viewer. In Seicher's account. Um. What???  And let's just say the alt's tastes in things are quite a bit different from Seicher's, so Seicher had to fan herself and go for a lay-down to recover.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

When some company says, "In order to serve you better..."

Worst words ever. They mean you are S.O.L., whatever you had will now be borked, whatever you had that was working just fine, thank you very much, will be changed to give you "features" (bugs) that you never wanted.

In order to serve you better LL has given you EEP.

I hate EEP.

Eff you LL.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Syo Emerald said:

People who start group chat in a giant, non-socializing group* for the pure purpose of basically saying 'hi'.

*groups people join for a bonus, gifts, updates and information, not for forming a community

Worse is if ALL they say is "hi". I mean, "yes...and?"

There are a couple of clothing groups that the OWNERs use as both CSR, product chat AND their own personal yada yada space. Ugh.

2 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Worse is if ALL they say is "hi". I mean, "yes...and?"

There are a couple of clothing groups that the OWNERs use as both CSR, product chat AND their own personal yada yada space. Ugh.

And this is why I was NOT too upset when group chat wasn't working.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

$$$ clothing designer that I love but get annoyed with: She creates pretty lingerie as well as clothing. Why doesn't she create HER loose fitting things (like her sweaters) so that at least SOME of HER lingerie can be worn underneath without breaking through the clothing? Yeah yeah, BOM etc. But darn it. I have a cute outfit on, and for several reasons want to wear a bra and panties under it. But the bras, any of the from the sweater designer's own store, break through the white sweater. Sigh. The problems! The problems!

/me doesn't buy new lingerie but slaps on a BOM thing

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

$$$ clothing designer that I love but get annoyed with: She creates pretty lingerie as well as clothing. Why doesn't she create HER loose fitting things (like her sweaters) so that at least SOME of HER lingerie can be worn underneath without breaking through the clothing? Yeah yeah, BOM etc. But darn it. I have a cute outfit on, and for several reasons want to wear a bra and panties under it. But the bras, any of the from the sweater designer's own store, break through the white sweater. Sigh. The problems! The problems!

/me doesn't buy new lingerie but slaps on a BOM thing

Yeah, I long ago figured out that mesh underclothing can pretty much only be worn alone - not actually UNDER anything (unless the under & over clothing is truly all in the same outfit)

*sigh*

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yeah, I long ago figured out that mesh underclothing can pretty much only be worn alone - not actually UNDER anything (unless the under & over clothing is truly all in the same outfit)

*sigh*

Oversized sweaters and jackets are your friends!

But yes, you're mostly right. But layering mesh clothing has always been an issue. I have a few items that seem to have been designed with this in mind, though, including a leather coat, an older product from one of the best known women's clothing stores in SL, that actually comes in a "roomier" version, so that you can often wear it over other mesh items. I wish more makers did that.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

*sigh*

Right, and that is why I went to the same designer's store to check out HER own frikkin lingerie! Sure, if she's making clingy clingy, the mesh isn't going to work, but on a sweater ffs? /me grumbles

I like a lot of the mesh lingerie, never liked the painted on look in system (or so now BOM). But... sigh.  I would have been nice to maybe slowly take off my sweater and look alluring in beautiful lingerie. Now, if the shirt comes off its either a tattoo or just boobs out. :)

Because Seicher is on the slighter size, I can sometimes get around this by using a sweater, for example, for another one of the curvier bodies than Maitreya. This particular designer generally only does Maitreya though, so I didn't have that option.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

People who start group chat in a giant, non-socializing group* for the pure purpose of basically saying 'hi'.

*groups people join for a bonus, gifts, updates and information, not for forming a community

What annoys the fudge out of me is when they ask for stuff (LMs, gifts, info etc) that are IN THE GROUP NOTICES!!!!!

• Thanks 1

My current peeve (only sort of) is the fine folks of this forum that have educated me about mesh.  I have tossed probably 3/4 or more of the non-clothing advent gifts that I have gotten so far because they contains zillions of triangles.

Honestly, why does an indoor item need 130,000 triangles?   Granted, that was only at the high LOD level and they compensated for it by specifying only 2 triangles for all other LOD levels.

*groan*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

Worse, IMO, is a store group that you must join to get the group gifts (sometimes free, sometimes not), but they never actually send any notices out in the group, so you never know about new items or anything else going on at the store unless you actually visit very regularly.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Sassy Kenin said:

559e95af031427c5ab4ec85255c9049a.jpg

"People eating off my plate" - this drives me nuts! When I lived at home I'd sometimes get deep-fried scampi from the chip shop for a treat and I'd ask my brother and sister "Do you want me to get you some? I don't mind paying" and they'd always say "No, I'm not hungry", and I'd say "Are you sure??" and they'd say, "Don't you listen? No!". And then I'd bring mine home and they'd whine "Oh go on, give us some, don't be mean"... ☹️

And we had a work Xmas dinner in a pub a few years ago, and a colleague just forked my pig in a blanket off the plate!  He was a bit drunk. But the boss told him off and had a word with the staff and they brought me five pigs in blankets in a bowl 😎

"People who disregard personal space" - yes, this year more than ever!

The others don't bother me as much. I find the 'literally' thing funny. "You should have seen what happened earlier, it was literally World War 3!" 😤

Edited by Rat Luv
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.