What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

33 minutes ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

I don't even know where to begin. For the most part, I have avoided responding for my own well being. This particular poster isn't good for that well being so they get ignored for the most part. 

Acknowledging all the negative garbage is providing fuel for the little mind game to continue that they find joy in.

I will just ask that all of you please realize not everyone with DID is like this. For those who have spoken and interacted with me even just here, please just know that. We are not all like this.

Serious help is sadly needed and they aren't getting it. I know mental illness isn't an excuse for bad behavior. I strongly believe that too. I live and breathe it. I just know this attention is feeding into a very disturbed mind that's out to cause pain through her words. Sometimes silence really is the best thing. 

All I'm going to say. Please stay safe and take care all of you. 

I know a few people with DID, and that is odd because the diagnosis is so rare. But you are right, not everyone with it acts like this, in fact no one I have interacted with IRL or SL has ever presented like this. There are other disorders that because they seek attention will *pretend* to have various illnesses, including pretending to have DID. We take what as given in the Forums at face value. Better to err on the side of caution and go ahead and believe it is a real manifestation and not some sick attention seeking role play.

Most people here (and most places) I've been will judge you on your actions and you, Dafadilia, have nothing to worry about there. I don't think anyone will tar you with the same brush.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Pet Peeve: Shopping.

I hate shopping. In both RL and SL -- except on very rare occasions when I'm getting something fun and exciting. And even then . . .

So, we're about to enter into the Mother of All Sales Weekends, and I am dreading it. I really really do not want to spend the next four days trudging molasses like through over-packed sims, trying to get access to vendors, waiting anxiously for items to appear (or not) in my inventory.

And then the interminable sorting out of new stuff. Gawd.

I think I might just skip the sales. Or do a few very selective places, with particular items in mind.

Or hide under my bed until Tuesday.

I used to adore shopping, in both worlds. Oh, silly, silly woman...

I was going to ignore the inworld sales. I don't really NEED anything, and now I'm on a theoretcical budget. And now the sales notices start coming in and the group chats are blowing up. People are basically peeing themselves in the AppleFall group. Then Pixiecat announces 50% off, and ... nooooooo.

Then again, I may get some new RLV wtf-ery and decide to stay home to avoid embarrassment?

Grocery shopping. I *hate* grocery shopping. Even with home delivery! I really understood what you were saying though about the store being within walking distance hanging over you like Damocles' sword.

IMs checked. /me backs out again

Daffy is quite correct about protecting one's own mental health.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

I was going to ignore the inworld sales. I don't really NEED anything, and now I'm on a theoretcical budget. And now the sales notices start coming in and the group chats are blowing up.

Yes, I really don't "need" anything. I might take a spin through the MP of a few of my favourite stores, and see if there is anything I want enough to brave the lag and the crowds, but I'm not going window shopping. I can really think of better ways to spend my weekend.

9 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

People are basically peeing themselves in the AppleFall group.

That happens a lot in that group, even without sales. I wonder if they have a janitor with mop permanently on call?

10 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Grocery shopping. I *hate* grocery shopping. Even with home delivery! I really understood what you were saying though about the store being within walking distance hanging over you like Damocles' sword.

The sword is becoming more and more precarious as we speak. I need to head out before . . .

AAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Most people here (and most places) I've been will judge you on your actions and you, Dafadilia, have nothing to worry about there. I don't think anyone will tar you with the same brush.

Absolutely not. It's night and day. Daf is the Anti-Drakona.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

I don't even know where to begin. For the most part, I have avoided responding for my own well being. This particular poster isn't good for that well being so they get ignored for the most part. 

Acknowledging all the negative garbage is providing fuel for the little mind game to continue that they find joy in.

I will just ask that all of you please realize not everyone with DID is like this. For those who have spoken and interacted with me even just here, please just know that. We are not all like this.

Serious help is sadly needed and they aren't getting it. I know mental illness isn't an excuse for bad behavior. I strongly believe that too. I live and breathe it. I just know this attention is feeding into a very disturbed mind that's out to cause pain through her words. Sometimes silence really is the best thing. 

All I'm going to say. Please stay safe and take care all of you. 

You know nothing of me and my reasons for what I do. Judge me how ever you wish and you will fail like all the rest. We do not need the help you think we do. We are fine as we are.

1 hour ago, Seicher Rae said:

People are basically peeing themselves in the AppleFall group.

Cuz EVERYTHING, except fat packs and gift cards, will be only L$50 each.  The truly AWESOME part of their sale though is that the MP will also be on sale.  Granted, I already own 1/2-3/4 of their stuff, but the MP sale means I can shop without fighting the crowds.

I am ignoring most of the sales this year though.  i just don't have it in me this year to deal with the lag the crowds cause - even after I've derendered them all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

My peeves today...

The mini sips (okay, okay, okay, shots) I took  almost all day long (lmao) gave me heartburn, and I don't like it, it's ruining my food-itis. 

Also, people that hide behind personal issues (of any kind) and use it as a means to be a-holes, but then get mad when someone calls them out as being an a-hole with some long diatribe about how they don't care, no one matters, no one's opinion matters, blahdy blahdy blahdy blahdy blahdy blahdy, I'm tired of typing blahdy....,

and also the people that support the original a-hole in any fashion (I typed hoe.....lmao, that was way funnier) as if they get a free pass because....issues.

I think more sho, err, sips, will fix my heartburn, I'm sure of it. I shall imbibe. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Oh, I forgot one

I forgot to bake the pumpkin pie, which I pre-made, but put in the freezer to bake it later

so, there's that too

On the plus side, I now have a pumpkin pie waiting for me, for another day, so, boo, but in the end, a win, for when I remember it's in there, assuming I do.

I may forget for a few months, it's been known to happen

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Tari Landar said:

My peeves today...

The mini sips (okay, okay, okay, shots) I took  almost all day long (lmao) gave me heartburn, and I don't like it, it's ruining my food-itis. 

Also, people that hide behind personal issues (of any kind) and use it as a means to be a-holes, but then get mad when someone calls them out as being an a-hole with some long diatribe about how they don't care, no one matters, no one's opinion matters, blahdy blahdy blahdy blahdy blahdy blahdy, I'm tired of typing blahdy....,

and also the people that support the original a-hole in any fashion (I typed hoe.....lmao, that was way funnier) as if they get a free pass because....issues.

I think more sho, err, sips, will fix my heartburn, I'm sure of it. I shall imbibe. 

You can judge me all you want and guess how much value your opinion has to me 0%. Same as all the rest here that think they have any right to judge me at all and yet think I'm not allowed to judge them in return. Or get bent out of shape if I do. And yes people here do it all the time.

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Cuz EVERYTHING, except fat packs and gift cards, will be only L$50 each.  The truly AWESOME part of their sale though is that the MP will also be on sale.  Granted, I already own 1/2-3/4 of their stuff, but the MP sale means I can shop without fighting the crowds.

Wow. I didn't realize it was on the MP as well.

I (probably like you) bought pretty much everything that wasn't nailed to the floor the last time that they had a L$50 sale, so I wasn't going to bother, but if I can shop via the MP, it might be worth looking for the odd item I missed last time around, or anything new.

I'm sorry they discontinued the gacha items, though.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:
2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

if I can shop via the MP, it might be worth looking for the odd item I missed last time around, or anything new.

Ok, that was a mistake.

😮

The store is still closed, until tomorrow.  Sounds like the MP is already good for a round of binge shopping though.

• Like 2

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

The store is still closed, until tomorrow.  Sounds like the MP is already good for a round of binge shopping though.

Just finished scrolling through their entire MP (which is, as I'm sure you know, already repriced).

I found a mere 39 new items I want.

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Just finished scrolling through their entire MP (which is, as I'm sure you know, already repriced).

I found a mere 39 new items I want.

Umm...... this just came in a group notice, in the notecard:

We have also have updated the Marketplace (which has still more to add),

Also, from group chat:  MP is mostly updated except for some outdoor collections that will be added tomorrow.  And the stuff at the inworld Outlet will likely not be added, but a lot of the outlet stuff has been added to the freebie collection inworld.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Sad 1

@Scylla Rhiadra don't forget to get some cat food bowls at AF. :)

Yeah, AppleFall is kind of an amazing bunch. I don't own 1/2 of their store's wares but I have some. I know I'll get more on the Marketplace. 39 though? And the store hasn't finished updating. ::: daintily snort laughs:::  I know I want some throw pillows. I have a couple in gold/bronze and need a few others just in case. There's always "just in case." Most of their stuff is a bit too traditional for my places, but... yeah. Yuppers. I know there will be $L spent.

I'm trying to hold the rest down to a gentle roar. We'll see who else tries to destroy my budget.

39 Scylla? LOL.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gatogateau said:

@Scylla Rhiadra don't forget to get some cat food bowls at AF. :)

Yeah, AppleFall is kind of an amazing bunch. I don't own 1/2 of their store's wares but I have some. I know I'll get more on the Marketplace. 39 though? And the store hasn't finished updating. ::: daintily snort laughs:::  I know I want some throw pillows. I have a couple in gold/bronze and need a few others just in case. There's always "just in case." Most of their stuff is a bit too traditional for my places, but... yeah. Yuppers. I know there will be $L spent.

I'm trying to hold the rest down to a gentle roar. We'll see who else tries to destroy my budget.

39 Scylla? LOL.

Actually 40.

I got a ceramic milk jar and a milk urn. See? I was thinking of you!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

39 Scylla? LOL.

I'm filling my cart for the 4th time and I still have 3 pages left- and whatever gets added tomorrow.  I've been meaning to pick up a bunch of their little clutter/knick-knack type stuff, so I'm taking advantage of the price reductions for that.  Most of the bigger ticket items that I want, I already have.

I did make note of a few things that I actually want to see in store -- primarily to see what Faces are defined for possible texture changing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.