What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Gatogateau said:

image.thumb.png.9e6e36b6730f6db3db20b5f777e2f4dc.png

Btw, regarding this photo? Taken at my own (rented) home. Guess what? I don't have a clue as to the complexity count of anything you see in this photo... or out of the photo. It rezzes fine for me. I like the way it looks/acts and my rental LI use is based on LI not complexity so... yeah. Zero effs given for whether the items could be made with more efficient design.

As someone with an education in design (industrial/graphic) and mechanical engineering, elegance of design is appreciated. I get the low complexity ideal. I just... nope... not in SL... not if I don't have to.

If, on the other hand, someone likes to derez everything that isn't up to snuff, won't purchase anything not ideally constructed, etc. etc. I tip my virtual hat to that, too. I get it. I'm just not doing it because, gee, I dunno, I'd rather shop and explore and dance and perv and chat and take photos and...

Beautiful photo by the way. I love that dress. Now please forgive my ignorance, but how can one tell how many triangle things something has or the complexity? I really don't know and it has never crossed my mind to think I could be lagging others. 

Peeve: My own ignorance at times. 😣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

Beautiful photo by the way. I love that dress. Now please forgive my ignorance, but how can one tell how many triangle things something has or the complexity? I really don't know and it has never crossed my mind to think I could be lagging others. 

Peeve: My own ignorance at times. 😣

For clothing, you can do an Inspect on the item - in Firestorm, right click the item, select More and then Inspect - and you can see the number of Triangles and Vertices.  However, you have to actually wear the item to get the Complexity value that is shown in the viewer - the value that the 'jelly dolls' are based on.

For rezzable objects, Edit the item.  Then go to the Object tab, click the Edit Linked box, arrow through the linkset pieces to get the mesh info. 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

For clothing, you can do an Inspect on the item - in Firestorm, right click the item, select More and then Inspect - and you can see the number of Triangles and Vertices.  However, you have to actually wear the item to get the Complexity value that is shown in the viewer - the value that the 'jelly dolls' are based on.

For rezzable objects, Edit the item.  Then go to the Object tab, click the Edit Linked box, arrow through the linkset pieces to get the mesh info. 

Thank you for taking the time to explain. I really didn't know and I appreciate the help. 😊

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

In firestorm you can see the complexity of others by going to Preferences-General-Show Avatar Complexity. It will then be shown above their name tag

And in Singularity, which I use primarily, you just hover over an avatar and the complexity is shown by default.

• Thanks 2

I'm pretty picky about sofas & chairs; I don't really like too many styles.  Thus I get ticked when I find something I like and it is fairly low LI -- 7 LI for the couch -- but then I find that it has zillions of triangles and textures.  How in the hell does someone even justify making something like this couch?  

image.png.49fec007059db884540fe967f691552c.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm pretty picky about sofas & chairs; I don't really like too many styles.  Thus I get ticked when I find something I like and it is fairly low LI -- 7 LI for the couch -- but then I find that it has zillions of triangles and textures.  How in the hell does someone even justify making something like this couch?  

image.png.49fec007059db884540fe967f691552c.png

because they can and chose too because they don't care if others don't like it, because they did after they were done with it.

People who don't understand that not everyone uses or wants to use the Firestorm viewer.  For starters that viewer can't display profiles correctly.

Greg's profile picture is a perfect 1:1 ratio format for the Linden viewer. Firestorm warps into something else.

Eddy's profile is seen as wholly complete in the Linden viewer. Firestorm? I'm sure they are out to make me look like an idiot who can't fill out a profile.

image.png.30f12ae8a610b9f90e5867aa3179adc9.png

Edited by Eddy Vortex
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

People who don't understand that not everyone uses or wants to use the Firestorm viewer.  For starters that viewer can't display profiles correctly.

Greg's profile picture is a perfect 1:1 ratio format for the Linden viewer. Firestorm warps into something else.

Eddy's profile is seen as wholly complete in the Linden viewer. Firestorm? I'm sure they are out to make me look like an idiot who can't fill out a profile.

Then you'll be unhappy to hear the rumor is that LL will be chucking the web profile crap and reverting to the old legacy profiles that Firestorm defaults to.  

While the legacy profile is the default in Firestorm, that viewer can be changed to use the web profiles and many people do that. 

The profile that Firestorm defaults to is actually the original SL profile that was used in all viewers.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Well, tbh, if I saw this in FS, I'd simply grab the little tab in the lower right and resize the window to the obvious right proportions...

That's looking at the image. the last trailing line... not sure.

Peeve: The biped can't do the three hour math and ends up at what should be a busy music event to... emptiness. Worse, and another peeve, the moonshine is virtual.

Plus: I'm liking the MS snipping tool for taking very quick "screenshots" for various uses. BD is great for awrt but the snipping tool is great for random bits.

image.thumb.png.2d4933849706be730e8b59f0ea0dfd1c.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

While this goes back to the "always" peeve of "people": Using the laugh reaction to a comment and because "people" abuse that emoticon as a scorn laugh waaaaaay too much, having to wonder if the recipient of *my* laugh realizes it is a genuine laugh.

This has been brought up before at how eye-rolling annoying that scorn laugh over use is. Has been for quite a while. There was one prolific poster who is no longer posting (much) who trolled people relentlessly with it and it has been used by many since. 

There's good usage of the rare, perfectly timed scorn laugh. Sadly, we'll not see those days again. This is why we can't have nice, sarcastic things.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gatogateau said:

While this goes back to the "always" peeve of "people": Using the laugh reaction to a comment and because "people" abuse that emoticon as a scorn laugh waaaaaay too much, having to wonder if the recipient of *my* laugh realizes it is a genuine laugh.

This has been brought up before at how eye-rolling annoying that scorn laugh over use is. Has been for quite a while. There was one prolific poster who is no longer posting (much) who trolled people relentlessly with it and it has been used by many since. 

There's good usage of the rare, perfectly timed scorn laugh. Sadly, we'll not see those days again. This is why we can't have nice, sarcastic things.

Ohgod. This reminds me of XD and LOL... good thing those times are over...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NiranV Dean said:

To be fair, the you're/your dilemma upsets me too as german. You already have such a simplified and dumbed down language such as english (looking at you... "you" and "the") and you f it up like that completely... it's not even hard either. Learn german and experience true pain... or if you do actually get far, make it a weapon, i heard americans like weapons so why not have a verbal weapon too. This you're/your thing is also one of my biggest pet peeves.

Even with simplified articles and no grammatical gender to contend with we native English speakers still manage to fail at our own language.

IaJe4kG.png

Edited by Eddy Vortex
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, NiranV Dean said:

Learn german and experience true pain...

That can be disputed. I always loved learning German like this before any English came along .. :D

Der Unterschied zwischen "You're" und 'your' ist einfach : man schreibt entweder "Du bist / Sie sind / Ihr seit" oder 'Deins / Ihres' .. "You're" ist eine Verkürzung von "You are" und kann nicht ersetzt werden durch ein Personalpronomen.

Die beiden gleich zu stellen deutet auf grammitikaler Unbegriff der Sprache.

Man braucht um dieses zu wissen und richtig zu nutzen kein Grammatik-Nazi zu sein. :|

Edited by TDD123
Exactly
  • Like 1

I'm guessing there is a worm shortage somewhere in the USA. Very sad. Interestingly, I learned different lyrics to this when I was growing up, but I couldn't find that version. Just as well, it would probably trigger someone. The horror.

Peeve: I was really hoping to find a version in German... :)

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.