What are some more of your pet peeves?

Every time I go to a shopping event I find new peeves!

There is some kind of noise emitter that sounds like breathing. In. Out. Loud enough that it sounds like someone has a cold. Just. Why?  The other one, which I've encountered frequently before at events, is the one where there is heavy female sighing. Again. Ugh.

New stupid in gacha. A very cute BOM tattoo! Yay! It is for astrology signs. I clicked and clicked on the vendor and nothing. Puzzled, I looked around and saw the gacha machine. Now, wtf would I play a gacha and get a whole bunch of astrology sign tats that have nothing to do with me? This, imho, was an incredibly stupid marketing choice. I may still get the tat, but through a 3rd party vendor on Marketplace. 

Idjits.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A bit more than a peeve but having to say goodbye to a furball when you know it's the right thing but the worst decision to have to make.  He has gone to chase balls in the clouds on a walk with Ki no

I don't think that's a metaphor, but whether or not it is, I think you could have found a better way to express yourself. 

Posted Images

On 11/27/2020 at 10:03 AM, Gatogateau said:

Dead Doll (they lost their Z) even put that in their sale notice. Wear a full alpha.

Meh, I think I'm done shopping. And yeah, the jumper was on sale. :) I didn't factor that into the time spent.

Well no flipping wonder I couldn't find them again. 

Peeve: Not getting the memos, people! Not getting the memos!

• Haha 1

People who gas on about ‘correct proportions’ in SL but when you see them inworld they are actually disproportionate AF. WT F’ing F? Really? Really?!?  

Well Damn, there’s a thing that happened... 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Fauve Aeon said:

People who gas on about ‘correct proportions’ in SL but when you see them inworld they are actually disproportionate AF. WT F’ing F? Really? Really?!?  

I've never actually seen that. But I've only met a few. 

3 hours ago, Fauve Aeon said:

I have only three letters: I K R.  (haha)  I wonder if it's a form of self-projection on their part.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, TDD123 said:

That can be disputed. I always loved learning German like this before any English came along .. :D

Der Unterschied zwischen "You're" und 'your' ist einfach : man schreibt entweder "Du bist / Sie sind / Ihr seit" oder 'Deins / Ihres' .. "You're" ist eine Verkürzung von "You are" und kann nicht ersetzt werden durch ein Personalpronomen.

Die beiden gleich zu stellen deutet auf grammitikaler Unbegriff der Sprache.

Man braucht um dieses zu wissen und richtig zu nutzen kein Grammatik-Nazi zu sein. :|

You'd be surprised how many americans get it wrong.

Also i think the actual issue is because both of them are so close to each other. As german speaker you might not understand why this happens because you automatically translate these words into your own language to understand them which makes you think "WTH" because they are so far apart in their meaning but i think its less about the meaning and more about the words themselves. I've had problems with Standart and Standard for the longest time because i knew you write standard with D in english but i've never actually seen standard being written like that in german which is why i assumed it must be written with T (since thats usually how you'd write something like that in german). Turns out Standart(e) with T is a banner and Standard is ... well the standard/default. Again for someone natively english they would probably facepalm because these two things have completely different meanings which makes it appear obvious to them but i've never even thought about the banner even though i knew its name exists but is extremely uncommon. Though keep in mind that this is an uncommon example, you're and your are very commonly used in basically every second sentence spoken but i think you get the idea.

Edited by NiranV Dean
  • Like 2

Peeve: Insomnia at night leading to oversleeping and thus getting stuck in a loop.

My inability to find a low prim house that isn't literally just one room masqarding as a house.

Houses that are completely unlinked meaning you can't resize it all at once without sone sigficant amount of clicking. Or thinking you got everything only to miss half a dozen tiny details.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

I have only three letters: I K R.  (haha)  I wonder if it's a form of self-projection on their part.

I just wonder WHO it is! :)  I'm a shallow, shallow person...'

eta: zomg. It is my biped, isn't it? I've been known to snark about proportions. I mean it isn't the only drum I beat, but I've joined in on some of the drumming circles. oh crap oh crap, it is me...

Edited by Gatogateau
  • Haha 4
1 hour ago, Robin Kiyori said:

Peeve: Insomnia at night leading to oversleeping and thus getting stuck in a loop.

Effing hell, this. It is 2 am where I am. I'm not tired, but I'm also not functioning as awake. The stupid loop. I'll wake up too late, and feel off all morning and afternoon. Repeat. Stupid bodies.

Peeve: I had a bad, pretty darn bad, thing happen on Nov. 18th and it feels like FOREVER that I've been dealing with it, but I look at the calendar and it isn't even two WEEKS yet. ffs. Did I mention insomnia?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Gatogateau said:

Effing hell, this. It is 2 am where I am. I'm not tired, but I'm also not functioning as awake. The stupid loop. I'll wake up too late, and feel off all morning and afternoon. Repeat. Stupid bodies.

Peeve: I had a bad, pretty darn bad, thing happen on Nov. 18th and it feels like FOREVER that I've been dealing with it, but I look at the calendar and it isn't even two WEEKS yet. ffs. Did I mention insomnia?

Its 7am and I still feel wide awake.  Offers the kitty some sympathy cupcakes. And I have an apoinment in the real space at 2pm.

And urgh double yes! Time is both lightening and turtlefast thanks to the world's everything. I hope things get less sucky for you.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

I just wonder WHO it is! :)  I'm a shallow, shallow person...'

eta: zomg. It is my biped, isn't it? I've been known to snark about proportions. I mean it isn't the only drum I beat, but I've joined in on some of the drumming circles. oh crap oh crap, it is me...

Heck if I could remember. XD

Unless if your biped has been telling my brother to put some meat on his bones, I doubt it. ;)

Edited by Eddy Vortex
  • Haha 1

Peeve:  Giving help information to someone in a thread only to get tons of private messages asking for help when it is obvious the person has not followed any of the help given to them in the thread. They seem to expect you to drop everything, go to their home, take control of their PC/bank/LL  and fix it for them because they CBA to read the advice given and try it themselves.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Peeve:  Giving help information to someone in a thread only to get tons of private messages asking for help when it is obvious the person has not followed any of the help given to them in the thread. They seem to expect you to drop everything, go to their home, take control of their PC/bank/LL  and fix it for them because they CBA to read the advice given and try it themselves.

Sadly, this happens in group chats too.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

People who have no consideration or empathy for others.

Humans suck.

Humans suck. Agreed.

I'm gonna add a little caveat to your peeve though, or a rewrite, "People who never have consideration or empathy for others."

Anyone who has read these forums, or my profile, or any other number of things, knows that "people" annoy the living heck out of me. I started Misanthropes Anon, where frankly, no one is all that anonymous but instead waves the "get away from me "flag proudly.

That said, in defense of some misanthropes at least, or maybe just this one here who is typing, if you read carefully you may also find a lot of consideration and empathy for others. I believe I've got a pretty wide heart, and I default to empathy not sympathy. I think a few folks may have gleaned that. I approach people with respect and empathy and honesty... until they prove to me they are not worthy of the energy. That sometimes may take a long period of time for me to come to that conclusion, or it could be reading an OP here in the forum and seeing how it evolves. Big-hearted, well hidden or not, my BS meter is set pretty low, and that setting was created by others.

My heart breaks sometimes when I see others posting in such a way that I think, "Geez, if *I* were posting like that, there would be some serious problem going on, some depression..." and I may post a public comment to that effect or send an IM. That's always my first go-to, empathy and concern. But then there are people, that through their own actions, show that they are not worthy of any consideration. In fact, instead of reaching into their deep hole of depression (or whatever) to offer a hand up and out, I will gladly throw down a couple of shovels so they can keep digging their own misery.

Sometimes I'm that person with no consideration or empathy for others, but it is a learned response to specific people, not a way of life.

I know your post wasn't directed at me (was it? oh god, was it???? I snarked too much again... eff....). It is just something that has been weighing on my mind for other reasons that compelled me to post this.

Edited by Gatogateau
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Store is listed in the Advent Calendar lists.  TP the store and the walls are black with a sign that says "We are moving. Join the group to know where we are".

Bad -- The freakin sign should give me the new LM, not make me join a group just to find a location.

Worse -- Joined the group and there is no mention of a new location.  Last notice was Nov 27th about Black Friday.  The 'General' information also does not include any SLURL. Pull up the owner's profile and all SLURLs point to the now defunct location.

/me marks that store off her list for Advent and anything else in the future.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
spelling
  • Like 5

Peeve: When you find a vehicle that looks nice, doesn't have a very high land impact, doesn't cost a ton - but there's no way to demo it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1