Beautiful Abandons

Ellie McGregor

• 4 weeks later...

While waiting for the Stilts to come out i got clicky last week - caught this houseboat on a special spot - leaning one side to sand and rocks, behind it sand and rocks as well and to the other side open water .. if i put up draw distance really high i can see the party spot on the pickle. And to the last side - sunset view! This feels so right to me - not like a hen on a rack anymore lol. So i will pass on the stilts for now ... maybe try for them them in a while, not sure. Very happy now :D

Thight-Harbor-Houseboat_006.thumb.jpg.0bed514894b5dfba5cbc71ae85eddb7c.jpg

Thight-Harbor-Houseboat_005.thumb.jpg.05fee58e9b5373b12a2fc010443f4347.jpg

• Like 16

2 hours ago, heartzwhim said:

i love the shell you use on outside. may i ask which it is? 

Looks like it could be this one:  https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/The-Doyle-Exterior-Paint-Shell/19266841.

This person makes exterior skins for a lot of the houses, reasonably priced, easy to use and well made.  And you can also get fatpacks.  Worth it if you use all the homes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/11/2020 at 4:17 PM, heartzwhim said:

i love the shell you use on outside. may i ask which it is? 

Thank you! This shell was created by my friend Limber Twine.  She doesn't sell this because it isn't perfect. Maybe some day she will put this on the market for the public. I don't see what she sees is wrong. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I caught this camper about a month ago and thought "Who abandons a camper on a tiny island surrounded by water?"  Whoever you are THANK YOU!  I find myself wanting to log in just to stare out the windows and listen to the birds and crickets.  I'm still waiting for someone to pass by with a train to complete the view, but I love it.  No embellishment needed, so here it is in just the region windlight.

CinnCamper_001.png

• Like 19

Due to the power of the forums and some kind people here and inworld I managed to get a railway home just less than a week ago  - even if I did lose out on a couple in the process. It backs onto the Victorian region by way of this secret lagoon world ♥ thanks all! I will have fun with this awhile :)

Snapshot_027.png

Snapshot_028.png

Snapshot_029.png

Snapshot_026.png

• Like 15

8 minutes ago, Chloe Dolores said:

I am happy for now until this region I'm naming is built and then I will be trying for a home there :) !!

I was just pondering that!  When "our" regions get released, we will just be two amongst the hordes riding for them, right?  Makes me wonder if I would ever be able to get a home in "my" region, lol.  By the way, I have heard nothing from LL as yet about the Linden auctions I won (Belli region, last name).  Have you heard from the Lab?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

I was just pondering that!  When "our" regions get released, we will just be two amongst the hordes riding for them, right?  Makes me wonder if I would ever be able to get a home in "my" region, lol.  By the way, I have heard nothing from LL as yet about the Linden auctions I won (Belli region, last name).  Have you heard from the Lab?

Not yet I think they are super swamped right now - I would love a home in the named region but also I just want to explore it, be in it. Knowing I can go there anytime will be enough - a home there would be the icing :) 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Keeping a premium account property free to try for a stilt home but decided to play GOHs. I caught this Victorian and I love it. It isn't near water but it's in a lovely spot where the Vics meet log homes and there is a mountain behind. Its so private and I love the little entrance from the road. Now I have a dilemma 🤔🙄

344143226_LittleLeaHaricot4(1).thumb.png.12654f9fe1499eeecd2f56e6889d676c.png

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, Elyeah said:

Keeping a premium account property free to try for a stilt home but decided to play GOHs. I caught this Victorian and I love it. It isn't near water but it's in a lovely spot where the Vics meet log homes and there is a mountain behind. Its so private and I love the little entrance from the road. Now I have a dilemma 🤔🙄

Lovely! Reminds me of the vintage Victorian homes in Colorado.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Elyeah said:

Oh I recognize that one! I was stalking it before the region released. It is a great spot, for sure! I love how it's offset so that the entrance curves. 

• Like 3

On 8/8/2020 at 4:20 PM, Zyrelia said:

Recently got back to SL and managed to get this beautiful abandon, something to keep me busy while I'm waiting for the Stilt homes. 

house1_002.thumb.png.89a2e27c5d68a7eed0b8f9d1b3ff0a83.png

Just let this one go, waiting on the stilts :D 

Edited by Zyrelia
  • Like 4

I've never had a home in Bellisseria before (my tier is all tied up in my mainland) but it occurred to me last week that my premium alt could grab one without too much additional expense, so while the rush was on for the Stilts release today, I tiered him up and picked up a Traditional. And landed a lovely plot on the first try. It's got water on (almost) two sides, but best of all is the surround of Mole-built hedges which completely surrounds the parcel on three sides, so I've effectively got a private garden that's just a bit bigger than the actual parcel.  It's a short walk to a beach and one of those octagonal beach-bars, and just past that, there's a lighthouse and boat rez zone.

201222_001.thumb.jpg.424479154cd1fb7572b8142bf71b7e3c.jpg

I feel so lucky to have got such a nice location on my first ever try. The only catch is, my alt has almost nothing to furnish it with, so I guess I know what I will be doing over the Christmas break... 

• Like 14