Beautiful Abandons

Ellie McGregor

I rarely catch a house during a release of a region as I am either working or my internet is too slow to 'win' (not sure if it is that the internet is faster elsewhere than here in Ireland or that I am too slow at clicking 😊 ). Most of the houses I catch have been abandoned by others. I tend to take the opportunity to 'fish' just when I have a spare moment, usually on my phone. I thought I would use a thread for people to show the lovely places that are being abandoned. So don't give up hope those who haven't managed to catch what they want. It doesn't need to be a release day to get a lovely home.

Badger Beach33.png

This house on the beach at Badger Beach was the one I caught in a release and abandoned by me because I love a green garden.

HB at Sealpoint33.pngThis was an abandoned houseboat in Seal Point.

Tawakoni33.pngAn abandoned camper at Tawakoni

Riverhaven at Shanty_33.pngAn abandoned house at Shanty (on the left)

Riverhaven at Shanty_003333.pngThe back of my house at Shanty. 

Riverhaven at Shanty_33.png

Edited by Elyeah
add comment.
  • Like 18

Port Laury, has been the HB that was a surprise keeper for me. I didn't think I'd want any that were on the new pickle, and thought I'd want to be on the shore like my old one in Gangway. ( I only left that one because of a barrier from a neighbor) I thought I *had* to be on the end also, and actually preferred rectangle over square so the houseboat isn't sideways. But sometimes you land somewhere, when you click "go to your new home now" and you take a look around, and it feels like home. My advice is to not rely too heavy on a checklist, and just go with your feelings. I have a thing for wanting new and shiny, being original owner from a release, but that flew out the door with this one.

It's been said many times on this forum, one person's castoff is another one's dream. Plenty of good catches outside of releases!

Port Laury abandon_001.png

• Like 23

On 10/20/2019 at 3:41 PM, Morena Tully said:

Port Laury, has been the HB that was a surprise keeper for me. I didn't think I'd want any that were on the new pickle, and thought I'd want to be on the shore like my old one in Gangway. ( I only left that one because of a barrier from a neighbor) I thought I *had* to be on the end also, and actually preferred rectangle over square so the houseboat isn't sideways. But sometimes you land somewhere, when you click "go to your new home now" and you take a look around, and it feels like home. My advice is to not rely too heavy on a checklist, and just go with your feelings. I have a thing for wanting new and shiny, being original owner from a release, but that flew out the door with this one.

It's been said many times on this forum, one person's castoff is another one's dream. Plenty of good catches outside of releases!

Port Laury abandon_001.png

Looks great! I am sorry about the barrier I went back over to see if you were still there and saw some heavily decorated stuff going on and was not surprised that you had moved. Glad you found one you love!

• Like 2

On 10/20/2019 at 3:01 PM, Elyeah said:

I rarely catch a house during a release of a region as I am either working or my internet is too slow to 'win' (not sure if it is that the internet is faster elsewhere than here in Ireland or that I am too slow at clicking 😊 ). Most of the houses I catch have been abandoned by others. I tend to take the opportunity to 'fish' just when I have a spare moment, usually on my phone. I thought I would use a thread for people to show the lovely places that are being abandoned. So don't give up hope those who haven't managed to catch what they want. It doesn't need to be a release day to get a lovely home.

Badger Beach33.png

This house on the beach at Badger Beach was the one I caught in a release and abandoned by me because I love a green garden.

Think I had that camper and that houseboat somewhere on the way!

• Like 1

On 10/20/2019 at 4:01 PM, Elyeah said:

Badger Beach33.png

Cant believe it! The tiny home location is particularly pretty. My hubby got a TH last week, facing the river, and with a Protected park on the other side. We are never letting it go (till 2020 maybe xD )

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Elyeah said:

Yes that's one I regret letting go. The location was so perfect. Love the tiny homes, wish they would give us more prim allowance with them though.

@Elyeah, it's true they could provide more prims, but to me, it was more about having more garden space, and not being so close to the neighbours. Still don't get why they chose to downsize tiny homes to 512sqm. The point of tiny living is being close to nature 

• Like 3

no, they cant provide more prims - not if you want the same level of wonderful landscaping all these regions have. Double-prim land is available on mainland, usually for ridiculous prices, but of course you are responsible for all the landscaping yourself.

The only way to possibly get more prims is if they have less homes per region - this might become a reality later if LL introduce a new level of premium with higher cost and high tier allowance as standard, but nothing has been officially mentioned so far.

Remember too that only a few years ago, LL increased the prim limit by 50% - try living in a camper with only 117 prims to use rather than 175 ;) 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

no, they cant provide more prims - not if you want the same level of wonderful landscaping all these regions have. Double-prim land is available on mainland, usually for ridiculous prices, but of course you are responsible for all the landscaping yourself.

The only way to possibly get more prims is if they have less homes per region - this might become a reality later if LL introduce a new level of premium with higher cost and high tier allowance as standard, but nothing has been officially mentioned so far.

Remember too that only a few years ago, LL increased the prim limit by 50% - try living in a camper with only 117 prims to use rather than 175 ;) 

Working the prim limit is something fresh to me, but I have to say that 175 is testing for a real world set of facilities. Right now I've sacrificed a kitchen to have a dining room set with anim, but I'll keep looking and get there sometime.

My old wine cabinet was insane on prims so it had to go, but I have to have wine and cheese in my house because it defines who I am 😛

• Like 4

7 hours ago, BelindaN said:

Working the prim limit is something fresh to me, but I have to say that 175 is testing for a real world set of facilities. Right now I've sacrificed a kitchen to have a dining room set with anim, but I'll keep looking and get there sometime.

My old wine cabinet was insane on prims so it had to go, but I have to have wine and cheese in my house because it defines who I am 😛

If some of your items are not mesh, maybe you can link them together. I used to do it with old furniture, and could save some prims

• Thanks 2

I'm really happy to see the lovely abandons that can be found lately. LL Heavens have been really kind to us this weekend: we've got an amazing new trad, and last night, this great private spot showed up. There's another tiny home behind us with a nice neighbour, and it is surrounded by hills on the back and a protected area in the front. A big 'thank you' to the person who let it go :) :)

RiverRunRun_004.png

• Like 11

• 1 month later...

I'm amazed at the quality of the abandons right now.  Not only did I just give up a fabulous houseboat (lol), but after refreshing twice I decided to take a camper, just to keep my hand in.  And I got the parcel with the dark shenandoah, the waterfall smack dab in the middle of the window, only two well-screened neighbors.

The river it's on is long,  down to Lake Tatakaka and up to Beaten Path.  Sometimes I wonder if people abandon a parcel because they don't know how to change the house model.

963513602_redbluffcamper_001.png.31b8f40c71520f95fa29bcf0eb97b416.png

• Like 14

There are still good abandons to be had. 

I got this one Dec 31:

knebworth_001.thumb.jpg.81b7ef797287e6d58896582717aa9224.jpgknebworth2_001.thumb.jpg.6e09ca55703fc6d21f340cc2b67c2769.jpg

and after I got this one, I sent this one back to the pool:

bandstand_002.thumb.jpg.b66575b072fa2c63adf2c045baf98af5.jpg

So it just shows you that people do give up waterfront property.  

• Like 11

I'm very appreciative to whomever abandoned this houseboat parcel which we got in Trafalgar.

We decided to pack up and leave our first houseboat after losing patience with our neighbours decor. It was reported but not yet dealth with. The good thing with packing everything meant it didn't take long to move into our new home.

hb1.png

• Like 8

On 1/2/2020 at 5:03 PM, karynmaria said:

There are still good abandons to be had. 

I got this one Dec 31:

knebworth_001.thumb.jpg.81b7ef797287e6d58896582717aa9224.jpgknebworth2_001.thumb.jpg.6e09ca55703fc6d21f340cc2b67c2769.jpg

and after I got this one, I sent this one back to the pool:

bandstand_002.thumb.jpg.b66575b072fa2c63adf2c045baf98af5.jpg

So it just shows you that people do give up waterfront property.  

i think you gave us a great traditional location as you were still  on the access list so thank you

our rebuild traditional.png

• Like 7