What does your SL home look like?

JPG0809

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 7/29/2019 at 9:41 AM, Amina Sopwith said:

I am genuinely curious to know why people put toilets into SL homes

one guy I met said he had a SL toilet in his house as it gave him another place to read his SL newspaper.  It actually did too when I went to see his home. When sit, it attaches a newspaper

he is quite big on reading in SL. I first met him in a SL cafe bar sitting at the counter with a book and a coffee.  So I sat on the stool next to him. Said Hi! whats the coffee like here ? He says hello back and says the coffee is pretty mediocre as the animation tends to want to spill the coffee down his front, but the conversation can be quite good sometimes, enough to get his head out of his reading book.  And we went from there

• Like 5

Got a new house to play with. Saw so much steampunk/Victorian stuff in sl...wanted to have a place to decorate with that theme. Any suggestions of stores with good steampunk furniture and decorations? I have some stuff from Ex Machina already and love their stuff.

Snapshot5_003.png

• Like 11

10 minutes ago, Rhiannon108 said:

Got a new house to play with. Saw so much steampunk/Victorian stuff in sl...wanted to have a place to decorate with that theme. Any suggestions of stores with good steampunk furniture and decorations? I have some stuff from Ex Machina already and love their stuff.

Snapshot5_003.png

Wow. Rhiannon, that's just magical. What an absolutely wonderful concept!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I can't take too much credit so far beyond choosing it. It's a prefab skything from The Looking Glass. I do think it looks cool and am exciting about developing it!

7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

The credit for choosing it is yours, and it's not negligible! This is whimsical and fun and beautiful! I can imagine you're excited! Please post pics of it as you fix it up!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I have a little wooden cabin on the lakeshore in southern Sansara. I've had the same parcel since 2009, though I've added to it over the years and I now have about 4,000 sq.m, not counting the extra parcel up the hill for my club.

I tend to change things around at least once a year; right now it's a tropical beach with a little wooden cabin.

tresco_shore_002.png.ca8bd4d5472114d7a5effa11f9acd5b9.png

tresco_shore_005.png.c943158039bb4a8f7f81a779f3729a51.png

tresco_shore_007.png.7772a7f244999729aaba541d3a72ccbb.png

tresco_shore_008.png.0422c9ded0dfb00a65b792cf4626592c.png

• Like 8

Just a good old Linden home on an almost deserted sim...……..

But having given up on a kitchen...…..because I like the bathroom!!! Nice animations...……..so I think for now this is it...…..

Image 1.…...Through the door and look left into lounge and dining area.

Image 2.….. I love wall art and in the corner is a suggestion of a patio door onto the beach, which would be amazing if it were true.

Image 3....Bathroom, which has some nice anims. Two basins would have been nice but I ran out of prims. On the wall is a moving pic of crashing waves.....1 sim!

Image 4...Bedroom, and artwork which suggests a window onto the beach :)

Outside is boring as hell...…….

SL73a.png

SL72.png

SL71.png

SL70.png

• Like 6

8 hours ago, suzyst said:

Ihome_005.thumb.png.a99a37f510963a833fe47dc4d579c981.png

My terraforming skills leave something to be desired but I've managed to make something livable from this sloping beachfront

That's not too bad!  If you have some prims left, I'd face that cliff with a nice rock wall, and put in a more complete staircase.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

But having given up on a kitchen...…..because I like the bathroom!!! Nice animations...……..so I think for now this is it...…..

Image 2.….. I love wall art and in the corner is a suggestion of a patio door onto the beach, which would be amazing if it were true.

Image 3....Bathroom, which has some nice anims. Two basins would have been nice but I ran out of prims. On the wall is a moving pic of crashing waves.....1 sim!

SL73a.png

SL72.png

SL71.png

SL70.png

I like that whole set up Belinda. In #4, where did you get that vanity set? Is it even a set?

It's wonderful how much more, now, we can put into our spaces. :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I became a premium member for the first time less than six months ago. About a month (?) or so ago I finally snagged a LL houseboat. Until then I've always rented on a homestead (never mainland), anywhere from a sliver to the whole thing. I go bonkers if I don't have at least a tiny bit of my "own" land. I'm totally green with envy with those of you saying, "House, singular? I have many." The houseboat is fun but it is tough getting used to being on the nothing-but-houseboats island. I'm thinking about trying for another spot. Maybe. Meanwhile, I've rezzed a few things inside but mainly have been working on the outside.

Houseboat yard above_001.jpg

Houseboat yard below2_001.jpg

• Like 9

18 hours ago, BelindaN said:

SL73a.png

SL72.png

SL71.png

SL70.png

You make a better picture from the surroundings then Linden 😁

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.