What does your SL home look like?

JPG0809

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1617 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 10/25/2019 at 4:16 PM, Lindal Kidd said:

That's not too bad!  If you have some prims left, I'd face that cliff with a nice rock wall, and put in a more complete staircase.

original_5db46737d774f84489000001.thumb.png.acf7cb824a2a300f8236e666d9842b0c.png

Thanks for the advice.I'll feel more secure during the restart earthquakes now :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I mentioned somewhere above that I don't have a permanent home, but rather switch out houses, skyboxes, and backdrops for photos. But I have actually stuck with this one for more than a few months now (mostly because it's so good for pics).

It's a gorgeous build, but waaaaaaay too big to actually live in. I can't imagine rattling around in a place like this on a permanent basis, and the furnishing and decorating is like a full-time job in itself. I've got about half the rooms mostly furnished, and I haven't even thought about the library and conservatory yet. I'm likely to get bored with it before I get to them.

But it did necessitate buying new clothes, which is never a hardship.

98413029_My-Edwardian-House-Blank.thumb.png.a6203791d1c527dbf5a2985efc528b2f.png

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 6

14 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I mentioned somewhere above that I don't have a permanent home, but rather switch out houses, skyboxes, and backdrops for photos. But I have actually stuck with this one for more than a few months now (mostly because it's so good for pics).

It's a gorgeous build, but waaaaaaay too big to actually live in. I can't imagine rattling around in a place like this on a permanent basis, and the furnishing and decorating is like a full-time job in itself. I've got about half the rooms mostly furnished, and I haven't even thought about the library and conservatory yet. I'm likely to get bored with it before I get to them.

But it did necessitate buying new clothes, which is never a hardship.

98413029_My-Edwardian-House-Blank.thumb.png.a6203791d1c527dbf5a2985efc528b2f.png

What you need Scylla, is an interior designer.......haha.😋

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

That's classy. Apple Fall?

Good eye! Yes. It is, as I say a really beautiful build (and it's furnished with a fair amount from Apple Fall as well: they really do make beautiful things).

One of the interesting things about it as that the house comes in two versions, one using 1024 textures, and one using 512. I use the 1024 version, because I want the detail for my pics, but it can cause a lot of texture thrashing.

There are a few things about it I'd change: the first floor floor plan is not great (there are three floors), and the wall textures are a bit more "distressed" than I'd like, but it's worth it for the staircase alone.

Distant Music

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Syo Emerald said:

@Alwin Alcott Thats a beautiful autumn garden! Makes me want to be a deer and live there as another decorative element. (Don't worry, I just started re-doing my own parcel, your garden is safe...for the moment. 😶)

it's open access (18+ moderate), just a wandering fox, meeroos and a few ferrets (or however it's called ) most are well fed, so no real danger for visitors

(just close your eyes for some adult items, thats why it's set to 18+ )

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1617 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.