What does your SL home look like?

JPG0809

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1626 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I like yours much better than the portrait they used on the set.

hi-frid-dark-shadows-cp-02525350-8col.jp

I believe the image I have was created by Frika Zoid but I'm not quite sure so I'm wary of reproducing it here clearly; it does appear often in the fan pages on FB.  I'm fond of that photo you posted, with Barnabas in front of his portrait, though the artist made him look older and unaccountably cross (since that was pre-vampiric time).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I believe the image I have was created by Frika Zoid but I'm not quite sure so I'm wary of reproducing it here clearly; it does appear often in the fan pages on FB.  I'm fond of that photo you posted, with Barnabas in front of his portrait, though the artist made him look older and unaccountably cross (since that was pre-vampiric time).

That's why I like your's better. It's a more accurate depiction of the character rather than of the actor as in the portrait on the set. Most see it the opposite way but I've always danced to the beat of a different drummer.

• Like 2

On 7/22/2019 at 9:19 PM, Orwar said:

Shy should I? There are no electrical appliances.

That's a heck of a retort! 🤤

What about that phonograph, though? Wouldn't it need electrical power? Or does it work with some sort of wind-up mechanism?

20 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

That's a heck of a retort! 🤤

What about that phonograph, though? Wouldn't it need electrical power? Or does it work with some sort of wind-up mechanism?

The original Gramophones were all wind ups. Some were works of art.

yz4lmdpivudxo005m1on.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I think that the phonograph and later gramophone were marvelous inventions, and they are in some ways similar to even earlier mechanical devices for sounds. As cool as computer technology is, I adore automata, clockwork and music boxes. How does your cursive compare to this quarter-millennia old robot?

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

The original Gramophones were all wind ups. Some were works of art.

yz4lmdpivudxo005m1on.jpg

Sorry to extend the deviation from topic; I couldn't resist.  Now I have to have one in my home!

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
More. More. More!
  • Like 7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1626 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.