What does your SL home look like?

JPG0809

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1619 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Forgot to pay the electric bill again, eh?

Shy should I? There are no electrical appliances.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Oh yeah?

THEN HOW ARE YOU READING THIS FORUM?? HUH? HUH?

I'm not as dumb as I look, Orwar.

Wisdom is the ability to recognize that there are things which one does not understand.

• Like 1

SL home ideas? All I've built was on my 512 sqm parcel (well, now 1024 sqm due to recent premium perks enhancements). I've started with a hand-made skybox that had a small classroom at the bottom and a trap door for students at the middle of the stand. Then this was converted to a house on a "leg", a bit like a hut of a witch; Half of it was covered with roof, half was a large balcony with chairs for stargazing. After few years I gave up on box-like houses and went for an oval, hovering shape, "daughtership". Windows all around, warm colours, generally bright and more pleasant for the eye with its softer lines. Yet, it was not very homey-like, and at the same time I've decided to stop to be an alien and socialize a bit more - and I've went down to the actual ground level, installing an A-shape wooden cabin along with a small Japanese-like garden. It would stay like that if not the 512->1024 bonus - after asking Lindens to cut out adjacent 512 sqm from a neighbouring abandoned land and merging it with my existing parcel I've replaced the structure with stone/wooden tower and placed the garden around the stairs that lead to the entrance. Indoors? Cozy, yet not overloaded with items. Furthermore, during winter months snow does appear on parcel, and during summer ones - flowers and trees are visible, like in the attached screenshots.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Edited by panterapolnocy
  • Like 18

1 minute ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Does your phonograph play Quentin's theme?

Nope, apparently it didn't play music, it just has dances in it - so I play music from the musical sheets on the table, or through the stream, or most commonly just with Spotify.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Frank Lomba said:

Still decorating it, but so far my house

Snapshot_001.png

Snapshot_002.png

Snapshot_003.png

Snapshot_004.png

Snapshot_005.png

Awesome pictures! That table with the coffee maker on it, does it work? And if so, could you pretty please with sugar on top tell me where you got it?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, anniepany said:

Awesome pictures! That table with the coffee maker on it, does it work? And if so, could you pretty please with sugar on top tell me where you got it?

Thank you! And yes it works. It hands out cups of coffee

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/what-next-Colonna-Coffee-Station-Full-Set/10678021

11 hours ago, momomoonusagi said:

It's looking good! I especially love that couch--please share with us where you got it! ><

Thanks, the couch is by Apple Fall. I can not find it in MP but I got it in the world store: https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Apple Fall/47/129/29

3 hours ago, Frank Lomba said:

Thank you! And yes it works. It hands out cups of coffee

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/what-next-Colonna-Coffee-Station-Full-Set/10678021

Thanks, the couch is by Apple Fall. I can not find it in MP but I got it in the world store: https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Apple Fall/47/129/29

Thanks Frank! Much appreciated!

• Like 2

Rather than having a stable "home," I tend to switch out between different houses (I own about 8), skyboxes, or even just backdrops that I've made or bought, depending upon mood or my needs for photography. Most of the skyboxes and houses are reasonably well-furnished with appropriate things, although this can vary too: at one point, I had barbed wire stretched across my living room.

At the moment, this is where I live. No bedroom (who needs sleep?) and no kitchen (dahling, you don't have servants to handle that?).

My-Office-Blank.png

• Like 16

The best inspiration for me comes from wandering around SL and looking at homes. You can use your camera to look into houses without ever entering the parcel. I saw some nicely decorated places in the new premium homes that have been released. 

• Like 7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1619 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.