When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1155 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

The problem with the add-ons, which I agree that most are wonderful and professionally-tasteful, is that if you allow one, you'll have to all ow all. 

You don't have to allow all due to that "in-theme" covenant statement, but defining what is "in theme" is subjective and that is where the difficulty comes in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You don't have to allow all due to that "in-theme" covenant statement, but defining what is "in theme" is subjective and that is where the difficulty comes in.

That's where I like having active moles and lindens around... even if they rule against my preference, as with the Painted Lady issue, it is a judgement call made by someone who has an active interest in presenting a vision they've put forth... I feel a LOT better about that than a list of strict '1.x by 3.9 to the left' rules that are 'robot enforced'... :)

• Like 3

I'm going with the "If you can't say something nice" route regarding that self-made addition. I'm sure the owner thinks it's beautiful. 😶

I'll play devil's advocate for the palm trees at the houseboat though. Many coastal areas in the US have what's called "maritime forest." It is exactly that... woods with hardwood trees and pines and wildlife and such, that open onto beaches with palms and seagrass and your usual beachy things.

Not saying I'd *like* to live next door... I prefer to keep in theme with the surroundings also, and that would annoy me... just mentioning that such things do exist. 

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Question for those that have sent ARs on 'out of theme content' -- what category do you pick for the AR?  To me, none of the categories available fully fit.  The few times I've submitted an AR because of "out of theme", I've used the Land Encroachment category and then just explained myself in the comments.

image.png.53a1775160989209740476625de2154b.png

ETA -- LOL, apparently roseelvira and I are thinking alike right now.

For what it's worth, I use "object littering" since it seems the closest to what the problem is. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

In larger detail:

The house was claimed on Fri Dec 27...

BUT there is already a bed up in that top story.

This is also more than 15m height... so a covenant violation.

Just a question of whether or not to give them a few days to correct it...

- Since the bed is in there on the third floor, this is likely the intended design and not just "things being worked on"...

782661cd6453de2dd1e15091a613f4d5.jpg

That front with porch and garage is an add-on from the Marketplace. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/DD-LH-WINCHESTER-add-on-v2v3-BUNDLE/17898729

The strange three floor build with the high brick wall and the roof over the original roof is some selfbuilt thing. Not a very good one.

• Confused 3

3 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

In larger detail:

176fa239f62525a5a0b2ce4462eb1993.jpg

The house was claimed on Fri Dec 27...

BUT there is already a bed up in that top story.

This is also more than 15m height... so a covenant violation.

Just a question of whether or not to give them a few days to correct it...

- Since the bed is in there on the third floor, this is likely the intended design and not just "things being worked on"...

97ab80a77f391f957e73572d5e10051e.jpg

782661cd6453de2dd1e15091a613f4d5.jpg

This is an atrocity.

Full stop.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Elora Lunasea said:

This is an atrocity.

Full stop.

100% agree with you. it's also grotesque, I don't understand anything.  Traditionals and Victorian homes are nice by themselves, with up to four different models to choose from, depending if we like to have more or less living space.  That's a crime for the eyes...

Edited by Dora Paule
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Dora Paule said:

Hopefully not, but if the use of Linden homes addons like those becomes generalized, Linden should create a specific AR for report this.  It's clearly offensive and ruins people experience.  I tremble just thinking that someone could use those kind of addons next to my home, without doubt I would be forced to leave my lovely home at Neville.

I would use derender before I would leave my favorite plot.  But I use firestorm.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Dora Paule said:

I'm glad for you,  my own experience with AR's isn't good.  When I was premium a long time ago I owned a nice mainland plot with protected ocean views, and a neighbor filled his property of crap right next to my land.   I sent several AR'ss, with their corresponding photos ... and never received an answer, so I had to sell the land.

Mine hasn't been all that good either -- with the tradtionals anyway. BUT I can say that I sent in an AR for "object littering" a day or so ago and the object is now gone. Whether the owner took it down by themselves, others complained to them OR an official edict was rendered I know not.  But that house is breaking many rules so hopefully parts of it will get removed anyway :D.   

Just got up and checked (just before Midnight SLT) only campers and houseboats! Caught one in

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Jocasta/220/244/28

that is on the Squishy Pickle clone far southwest. Am going to abandon it at once. Besides me there are 5 green dots there - nowhere else - and I assume they kept these HB- Regions for last, releasing another one every few hours so that the LP doesn't run dry.

They have plenty of Traditionals (some boats and campers) in named regions they can release first week in the new year but are there any unreleased regions in the southern part of Belli left? I did not keep record there. If not all Victorians in future will be anandoneds.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leora Jacobus said:

on the Squishy Pickle clone far southwest. Am going to abandon it at once. Besides me there are 5 green dots there - nowhere else - and I assume they kept these HB- Regions for last, releasing another one every few hours so that the LP doesn't run dry.

those houseboat regions are the worst of whole Belli, my idea would be add more waterfronts with channels instead of this monstrous clutter of narrow sandbanks and stacked lines of boats... boats and more boats.
Confiscate the abandoned boats in these regions, re-landscape it.
:)

• Like 4

Morning everyone!! I've been really lucky with abandons lately, this pretty spot show up just 5 min ago, It's close to the river, with quite a nice distance to the neighbours, so it's definitely a keeper to me. I probably will be releasing my "joy of steps trad" in a few hours. I will post it here in advance in case anyone is interested

elia_001.png

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Elena Core said:

Morning everyone!! I've been really lucky with abandons lately, this pretty spot show up just 5 min ago, It's close to the river, with quite a nice distance to the neighbours, so it's definitely a keeper to me. I probably will be releasing my "joy of steps trad" in a few hours. I will post it here in advance in case anyone is interested

elia_001.png

im interested  ,let me know when you let it go   

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1155 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.