When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

24 minutes ago, Loretta String said:

Yesterday I got a very nice beach front parcel in Gilbson, which i abandoned due to a neighbour and their ugly self made add on..... In addition to that, the many palms in a non tropical area gave me one more reason to abandon.

Palms in a non-tropical region...

My neighbor is a 4-day old account... most likely someone's alt... but...

original_5e079958d774f83be597a9e2.png

Water is not always in the Caribbean...

wish some folks knew that...

They actually ARE in covenant violation... not the height of that palm (I didn't check)... but they went outside the lines... I'm not yet sure I'm keeping this plot, so I'm just acting like it isn't there for now... Like... for prims islands, this is one of the least annoying ones they could have used... but... do they not see that they're in a  Northern Hemisphere coastal forest with... escaped Pokemon on the loose... ( :D ) there?

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Atina0 said:

so i land at a nice trad  ,i look outside and think   .....mmmmmmm how in the world can people do that to a lovely house 

its a pretty ugly sight if you live next to it   ,i didnt stay long 

image.thumb.png.a7569fb59772fead189124d5b0cf80ba.png

Yeah... share the love of a landmark... folks gotta see this for themselves... I am hoping this is just a bad angle or something, but... the WTFery is strong in this one...

1 hour ago, Atina0 said:

so i land at a nice trad  ,i look outside and think   .....mmmmmmm how in the world can people do that to a lovely house 

its a pretty ugly sight if you live next to it   ,i didnt stay long 

image.thumb.png.a7569fb59772fead189124d5b0cf80ba.png

I wonder if the add-on is originally that ugly or if this particular person just made it look that bad.

ETA:  Not an MP add-on, but something the owner created (as mentioned below).  Some people have very interesting ideas on what looks good.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

5 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Yeah... share the love of a landmark... folks gotta see this for themselves... I am hoping this is just a bad angle or something, but... the WTFery is strong in this one...

I had to have a look, and that's not even the worst angle. The structure has no rhyme or reason to it. It was created by the resident living there.

Edited by Cricket Portland
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

My neighbor is a 4-day old account... most likely someone's alt... but...

original_5e079958d774f83be597a9e2.png

Water is not always in the Caribbean...

wish some folks knew that...

They actually ARE in covenant violation... not the height of that palm (I didn't check)... but they went outside the lines... I'm not yet sure I'm keeping this plot, so I'm just acting like it isn't there for now... Like... for prims islands, this is one of the least annoying ones they could have used... but... do they not see that they're in a  Northern Hemisphere coastal forest with... escaped Pokemon on the loose... ( :D ) there?

I've seen so many folks do similar things with their houseboats.  I shake my head a lot and I'm so glad that my houseboat views don't include such.

• Like 3

After seeing your published pics, seems that some Lindens homes have the same problems as other normal mainlands plots.  It's a shame, an aesthetic aberration, that ruins the visual experience of the closer neighbors.   I also think that it could be a violation of the Linden Homes TOS, they use elements that clearly damage the place and views.

Unfortunately, AR's for this kind of things take a long time to resolve.

P.D. I've voluntarily ignored commenting on that Traditional home addon, because I could use too many offensive adjectives, it's insane.

Edited by Dora Paule

31 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I wonder if the add-on is originally that ugly or if this particular person just made it look that bad.

29 minutes ago, Cricket Portland said:

I had to have a look, and that's not even the worst angle. The structure has no rhyme or reason to it. It was created by the resident living there.

So there is some truth to @Patch Linden's comment about exterior add-on "shells". If they update the covenant about that it may be sad for the Victorian Turret add-on, but sights like this...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

So there is some truth to @Patch Linden's comment about exterior add-on "shells". If they update the covenant about that it may be sad for the Victorian Turret add-on, but sights like this...

And this one isn't even a shell, but a full on house addition.  It actually doesn't even look finished, but I can't imagine that the finished version will be any better other than a few odd parts sticking out being removed -- assuming the creator isn't actually wanting those parts to stick out.

The additions are interesting territory as some do seem to totally take the original home out of theme.  Some others manage to stay in theme, matching the house style and such, but still leave me shaking my head and wondering "Just Why?".   And yet there are others that are truly lovely and do look great without taking the house out of theme or being too overbearing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Actually add on's purchased from the MP or inworld shops are tasteful .. I haven't seen anything that I didn't like so far .... Maybe not necessary my personal taste, but nothing to complain about.

What I considered to be super ugly, has always proved to be self made after editing it ... or was made of plywood prims with some ugly texture to serve as privacy screen or parcel divider.

It would be sad to ban the majority due to a few who just ignore the rules and want to do things their own ( ugly) way.......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

my real life hubby caught the house next to it . He abandoned it very quickly. Shame people lose a catch and have to throw it back due to that. If is was a small add on or a porch or something that went well but  ,,, so its back in the pool so you guys be careful if catching a trad ,,,, 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dora Paule said:

Unfortunately, AR's for this kind of things take a long time to resolve.

I've seen pretty quick results myself.

Then again when I actually do file an AR I make sure to screenshot the offense and ALSO quote the relevant parts of the covenant AND write up why I feel what I have screenshotted violates each part of the covenant that I quote.

Basically lay out a whole theory of the case for them - so they can more quickly agree or disagree. Also doing that helps me be more sure I actually am seeing a violation before I hit the button to send it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Question for those that have sent ARs on 'out of theme content' -- what category do you pick for the AR?  To me, none of the categories available fully fit.  The few times I've submitted an AR because of "out of theme", I've used the Land Encroachment category and then just explained myself in the comments.

image.png.53a1775160989209740476625de2154b.png

ETA -- LOL, apparently roseelvira and I are thinking alike right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Atina0 said:

thats  prob the house on the pic i showed 

In larger detail:

176fa239f62525a5a0b2ce4462eb1993.jpg

The house was claimed on Fri Dec 27...

BUT there is already a bed up in that top story.

This is also more than 15m height... so a covenant violation.

Just a question of whether or not to give them a few days to correct it...

- Since the bed is in there on the third floor, this is likely the intended design and not just "things being worked on"...

97ab80a77f391f957e73572d5e10051e.jpg

782661cd6453de2dd1e15091a613f4d5.jpg

Hopefully not, but if the use of Linden homes addons like those becomes generalized, Linden should create a specific AR for report this.  It's clearly offensive and ruins people experience.  I tremble just thinking that someone could use those kind of addons next to my home, without doubt I would be forced to leave my lovely home at Neville.

The problem with the add-ons, which I agree that most are wonderful and professionally-tasteful, is that if you allow one, you'll have to all ow all. I think that defining the gauche example above as a "shell" or shell-like and then not allowing them would be prudent, the classy and high-quality Victorian Turret example would have to suffer that, though.

12 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I've seen pretty quick results myself.

Then again when I actually do file an AR I make sure to screenshot the offense and ALSO quote the relevant parts of the covenant AND write up why I feel what I have screenshotted violates each part of the covenant that I quote.

Basically lay out a whole theory of the case for them - so they can more quickly agree or disagree. Also doing that helps me be more sure I actually am seeing a violation before I hit the button to send it.

I'm glad for you,  my own experience with AR's isn't good.  When I was premium a long time ago I owned a nice mainland plot with protected ocean views, and a neighbor filled his property of crap right next to my land.   I sent several AR'ss, with their corresponding photos ... and never received an answer, so I had to sell the land.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

The problem with the add-ons, which I agree that most are wonderful and professionally-tasteful, is that if you allow one, you'll have to all ow all. I think that defining the gauche example above as a "shell" or shell-like and then not allowing them would be prudent, the classy and high-quality Victorian Turret example would have to suffer that, though.

Well... the covenant actually covers how to split hairs on this:

*Privacy walls or fences should match the theme and extend no more than 4m above ground level. All other structures should not extend higher than 15m above ground level or sea level, whichever is higher.
  *Linden Homes should be kept presentable and in-theme to their unique areas.
  *Linden Homes can not be used as sandboxes.
  *Residents may decorate the interior of their house to their liking. The exterior should always remain in theme out of consideration for your neighbors.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Hmmm.  You know, my houseboat build was originally in a sunny, sandy zone and has a palm in it.  Then I moved it wholesale to another boat, which is not land-adjacent, so really I didn't even check the vegetation in the region.  Thanks for the reminder!

2 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Hmmm.  You know, my houseboat build was originally in a sunny, sandy zone and has a palm in it.  Then I moved it wholesale to another boat, which is not land-adjacent, so really I didn't even check the vegetation in the region.  Thanks for the reminder!

Well if you're not land adjacent, I guess the 'region' is kinda 'whatever fits' unless there's something obvious about that area.

7 minutes ago, Dora Paule said:

I'm glad for you,  my own experience with AR's isn't good.  When I was premium a long time ago I owned a nice mainland plot with protected ocean views, and a neighbor filled his property of crap right next to my land.   I sent several AR'ss, with their corresponding photos ... and never received an answer, so I had to sell the land.

The key word in there, sadly, is "mainland"...

The covenant on mainland is basically this:

"rez crap to screw over everyone around you, the more glow, fullbright, and scripted bloat the better. It is especially advised to create scripted physical objects that explode and then randomly collide with each other in order to destroy the Havoc engine region wide... Nice polite builds that fits the theme of the neighbors will be returned for being too polite."

I have had luck with ARs on mainland, dozens of them over the years... but WHAT you can AR is a whole different beast...

Oh and the exploding physical thing... we (it took two of us) actually DID get a Linden to to return that back in 2011 or so... but only because it had been there since 2005 or so and the Linden suspected the land owner was a lifetime sub that had passed away...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.