When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Except that you are wrong with your generalization about abandoned houses. To prove a point, I just (not five minutes ago) got a lovely ocean-side ABANDONED home. That prejudice of yours is what I am referring to when I say you are limiting yourself... but if you want to stick to that, go for it. It just leaves more homes for the rest of us. ;) 

You're completely free to request many houses as you want, just as I'm free to keep a home or not, if it's not where I like it, right?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Lucille Babenco said:

Sorry to disagree with you but you're not right. and it's simple:

One premium account = five house requests every 24 hours

X premium accounts = X * five house requests every 24 hours.

I see your point, that more accounts = more chances to roll, but with the current inventory, it’s still the same for everyone. You can’t roll 20 homes if at any given time only 1 home available. Also, even with 5 chances, I was never around for releases of traditional or houseboat regions because I was always at work at the same hours as Linden Lab. I’m working now in fact lol (or hardly working).

20 minutes ago, Lucille Babenco said:

Of course I set a limit, I don't need to collect homes with a few premium alts, I've subscribed the anual for other reasons and just trying to get a home in a place where I would like it. Most of the abandoned houses are not in attractive places. I think it is easy to understand without twisting the argument of my message.

Most of the abandoned houses are not in attractive places.

That is so untrue , the best places often are abandons  for the simple reason not many can hold their favorite plot for long cuz their premium accounts ends for what ever reason .

its all a matter of feeling YES  this is it !! that makes you want to keep a house or boat or camper it has nothing to do with second hand or new .

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Lucille Babenco said:

This is not my experience.  Most of the homes I've kept, sometimes for months, were originally abandons.   I don't know if you've tried to pick up any traditionals, but if you're brand new to Bellisseria, you might try picking up some of them, just to get straight in your mind what you most want in a home. 

Our (my partner's and my) houseboat studio in Fourze, with the view that everyone who sees the pics here in the forums oos and ahs over, was an abandon.  We're probably never letting it go.

We abandoned the most adorable parcel in Miller's Pond to get a Vic.  We got that as an abandon, set it up as a lakeside cottage, and loved it. 

I had a hard time letting a camper that my partner thought was icky go.  It had the neatest stairs by a little creek as an entrance to the parcel.  No other water, but right behind one of LL's forest cabins.  But it rang no bells for my partner.

What rings your Belli bell, Lucille?  Be sure you know it when you see it!

• Like 1

I mean, sure it was a fixer upper, the state the last owner left the pixel plumbing in was an expense I did not factor in on top of the closing costs. But I took out a Linden Loan and when I sip virtual coffee on my back porch, all I can think is "worth it"  

gallery_001.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

8 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

Just curious if this is the first time that you have tried to get one of the new Linden homes.  There were plentiful Victorians available all the time for the first 5 days that they were released earlier this month.  Also, that same release also included traditionals and house boats and was the first time that I can remember that all types of the new homes were available pretty much every day. 

Right now, there are available traditionals, house boats and campers - that was not something that was seen prior to the major December release.  New Linden homes have never been as available as they are right now. 

The best locations that I've personally come across have been locations someone else had abandoned.  In earlier releases (prior to this month) I always kept the first location I got because there was so much demand that they did not stay readily available for a week or two like they did this month.  This time, I did abandon and then retry on this single account for maybe 6 or 7 times, and al most of the retries were better locations that the first Victorian I had received.  I ended up back at with Traditionals because I decided I like them better than the Victorians, and ended up with a wonderful parcel there after a couple of retries.

The conversation over alts being used to get new Linden homes, as well as who should have first choice on the new Linden homes (new accounts, old accounts, those with old Linden homes, those without old Linden homes, etc., etc. ) were common in the forums here all the time when the first homes were released and almost immediately sold out last Spring. 

To satisfy your curiosity, although I've been in Second Life for many years, it's the second time I have upgraded my account to Premium, and it was on a recent date.  Therefore, as you will understand, it's materially impossible for me to get a Linden home before December.   I really liked the Victorian homes sims, so I tried to get one, simply to enjoy it as other extra of my premium.

I think it's a legitimate right to want a home in a location that you like, but every time I tried the Victorians, I received them in places clearly abandoned by other users.  And yes, other people got great "abandoned" homes by others, and what I call "abandoned" could be someone else's dream home, I can understand it.   But in these last days it's hard to get a Victorian, and I asked myself that question… again... how long are the premium alts going to hold homes that will then end up abandoning if they don't like them, or they don't renew their premiums?

I'm only surprised by this alt "collecting homes" game.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lucille Babenco said:

To satisfy your curiosity, although I've been in Second Life for many years, it's the second time I have upgraded my account to Premium, and it was on a recent date.  Therefore, as you will understand, it's materially impossible for me to get a Linden home before December.   I really liked the Victorian homes sims, so I tried to get one, simply to enjoy it as other extra of my premium.

I think it's a legitimate right to want a home in a location that you like, but every time I tried the Victorians, I received them in places clearly abandoned by other users.  And yes, other people got great "abandoned" homes by others, and what I call "abandoned" could be someone else's dream home, I can understand it.   But in these last days it's hard to get a Victorian, and I asked myself that question… again... how long are the premium alts going to hold homes that will then end up abandoning if they don't like them, or they don't renew their premiums?

I'm only surprised by this alt "collecting homes" game.

Yes, you got into it too late, from the sounds of it. So after December 21? With the way the continent is laid out, not every parcel will be waterfront or river front or even pond front, which is what everyone wants. I’m not sure what “clearly abandoned” means but I’ll assume you mean landlocked homes.

18 minutes ago, Atina0 said:

That is so untrue , the best places often are abandons  for the simple reason not many can hold their favorite plot for long cuz their premium accounts ends for what ever reason .

its all a matter of feeling YES  this is it !! that makes you want to keep a house or boat or camper it has nothing to do with second hand or new .

May be I didn't trying long enough, maybe that's reason, but understand that while I can only roll the dice five times in 24 hours , other people do it more. 

• Haha 1

Sorry for not using the multiquote to answer more than one message.

22 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

This is not my experience.  Most of the homes I've kept, sometimes for months, were originally abandons.   I don't know if you've tried to pick up any traditionals, but if you're brand new to Bellisseria, you might try picking up some of them, just to get straight in your mind what you most want in a home. 

Our (my partner's and my) houseboat studio in Fourze, with the view that everyone who sees the pics here in the forums oos and ahs over, was an abandon.  We're probably never letting it go.

We abandoned the most adorable parcel in Miller's Pond to get a Vic.  We got that as an abandon, set it up as a lakeside cottage, and loved it. 

I had a hard time letting a camper that my partner thought was icky go.  It had the neatest stairs by a little creek as an entrance to the parcel.  No other water, but right behind one of LL's forest cabins.  But it rang no bells for my partner.

What rings your Belli bell, Lucille?  Be sure you know it when you see it!

Answering you doubt, yes, I tried with all the homes even campers, I wanted to see what each model offered before get one.   I got a Traditional a few days ago in a nice place with beach sand but the homes on my right and left were full of pretty ugly crap rezzed, unpleasant to see them near, so unfortunately I had to leave that home.  About boats, well, not bad if you specially like that kind of living, they are not my favorites.  

Maybe I expressed myself wrong by associating abandoned with bad.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Yes, but you are complaining about it. lol

Oh, and here's the abandoned one I just got. Pretty nice, IMO!

Snapshot_001.png

Well, someone had to talk about this home collecting process, and yes, I give a different opinion to most people, I'm free to write as long as they don't censure me.

Congratulations for the home.

Edited by Lucille Babenco

1 hour ago, Lucille Babenco said:

Of course I set a limit, I don't need to collect homes with a few premium alts, I've subscribed the anual for other reasons and just trying to get a home in a place where I would like it. Most of the abandoned houses are not in attractive places. I think it is easy to understand without twisting the argument of my message.

If you truly do not want any abandoned property then, based upon everything that I can see and know so far, you will not get a Victorian.  Best I can tell, there will not be any more regions of Victorians released.  The ONLY way to get one will be an abandoned one. 

Even though I have alts that own multiple types of homes - a Traditional, a Houseboat, and a Camper - I am not willing to give those up.  Therefore, I only have one Premium account left to use for trying to find a Victorian that I like.  Thus, even with my alts owning other homes, I have no more than 5 chances per day -- just like you -- to get a Victorian home.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I am not willing to give those up.

same here .. i have a quite nice waterside Victorian, and a middle of the land on a sloped little hill one .. first one was fresh, couldn't even smell the desinfection sprays from the mini moles!.. The second one was a abandoned house.. first i wanted to let it go too, but when walking around it showed it's charme .. lifted above the surrounding parcels ... just nice!
Most homes have "something" to make it a keep .. but of course when the click isn't there, let it go.
Not wanting a abandoned one promesses a long...very long wait.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If you truly do not want any abandoned property then, based upon everything that I can see and know so far, you will not get a Victorian.  Best I can tell, there will not be any more regions of Victorians released.  The ONLY way to get one will be an abandoned one. 

Even though I have alts that own multiple types of homes - a Traditional, a Houseboat, and a Camper - I am not willing to give those up.  Therefore, I only have one Premium account left to use for trying to find a Victorian that I like.  Thus, even with my alts owning other homes, I have no more than 5 chances per day -- just like you -- to get a Victorian home.

Certainly until Linden releases more new Victorians homes, the only way to get one will be waiting for other people abandons.  Keep up the home game!

57 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

thats really a wonderfull view!

It's better than I realized... after I posted that photo, I looked in the back yard, and right behind the house is one of those mountain-y magical-looking ponds like you see in the Lodge area. I'll keep this Traditional to play with for at least a little while, since I already have the other home types. :) 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lucille Babenco said:

Of course, like everyone I want a home that I like,  and while I keep trying with my premium account, there are people who have several alts, and my chances are ridiculous.   For that reason I ask myself the question of the previous message, what is the limit of the "home collectors"?

So...

Right now I have 3 premiums which is NOT what I intend.

But...

I wanted a houseboat. I've wanted that since I knew about water land in SL not too long after I went premium in 2009... On mainland it always looked like this:

be798adf12adce81d5c2e87ae1b33360.jpg

And that's better than most... That's actually some prime good quality spots right there with little view obstruction... compared to the norm...

So when I saw Bellisseria had houseboats... and missed getting in... I tried my luck again along that coast up there... and got worse than what you see...

Eventually I discovered they were adding regions so I kept on trying and managed to get my houseboat.

But I also wanted a landed spot somewhere... so I spun up 2 alts to play them off against each other and see who could get the best spot.
- that's what people do... now I'm waiting for one alt's premium to expire because the other one has a Victorian on the water... And I'm now playing my alt off against my 'main' and she's just landed a Houseboat that might be even better... and if I keep it, I'm stuck with 3 premiums... :P

I will probably then just keep having my main cycle through 5 houseboats a day until she beats out my alt...

- Now... what that means is that I will keep adding plots BACK into the pool.

Which is exactly what you're seeing with Victorians right now...

People with 2 alts each having a chance are basically nitpicking over things like "that flower is 1m too far to the left... toss this plot back because my other alt has a plot that I can settle for..."

- But if that flower's position is just fine for almost anybody... then you're odds are still decent to be the one to get that spot.

And I have seen other people toss back my 'dream houseboat' several times...

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Lucille Babenco said:

Certainly until Linden releases more new Victorians homes, the only way to get one will be waiting for other people abandons.  Keep up the home game!

However, we don't know if they will release any more Victorian regions.  They are already working on the next theme and they still have quite a few homes of the other types that are not yet claimed, as well as more regions of the other types that are not quite finished and released.  Therefore, I'm not so sure I even see them creating more Victorian regions.  The only places that really even have a remote possibility of Victorian homes are south of the mountains in those SSPE regions that are not yet completed - and then only if they do a lot of landscape changes in those areas.

Which is why I said that if you are determined to only have a Victorian and not any abandoned property, then you truly may never get one.  I'm just trying to give you some realistic expectations, but we are all free to dream here.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

So...

Right now I have 3 premiums which is NOT what I intend.

But...

I wanted a houseboat. I've wanted that since I knew about water land in SL not too long after I went premium in 2009... On mainland it always looked like this:

be798adf12adce81d5c2e87ae1b33360.jpg

And that's better than most... That's actually some prime good quality spots right there with little view obstruction... compared to the norm...

So when I saw Bellisseria had houseboats... and missed getting in... I tried my luck again along that coast up there... and got worse than what you see...

Eventually I discovered they were adding regions so I kept on trying and managed to get my houseboat.

But I also wanted a landed spot somewhere... so I spun up 2 alts to play them off against each other and see who could get the best spot.
- that's what people do... now I'm waiting for one alt's premium to expire because the other one has a Victorian on the water... And I'm now playing my alt off against my 'main' and she's just landed a Houseboat that might be even better... and if I keep it, I'm stuck with 3 premiums... :P

I will probably then just keep having my main cycle through 5 houseboats a day until she beats out my alt...

- Now... what that means is that I will keep adding plots BACK into the pool.

Which is exactly what you're seeing with Victorians right now...

People with 2 alts each having a chance are basically nitpicking over things like "that flower is 1m too far to the left... toss this plot back because my other alt has a plot that I can settle for..."

- But if that flower's position is just fine for almost anybody... then you're odds are still decent to be the one to get that spot.

And I have seen other people toss back my 'dream houseboat' several times...

Yes I agree with you. It seems that people are using their premium alts to play the "home game" and see who gets the best for upload the picture here :)

I want to assume that a considerable amount of those homes obtained simply by roll the dice more times will be available again in a short period, either because collectors get tired of them or don't renew their premiums.  

I wish you luck in your search, I hope you find what you need.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.