Sad reality?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1820 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Everyone most certainly doesn't look as hot as their avatar either.

Hey, now listen here I will have you know.......that you make a completely fair point. My avatar in SL is cute and Asian and in RL I'm cute, not Asian and prone to excessive curvature which never seems to go on my bo*bs...curse you genetics...curse you

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

I couldn't wear half of my SL wardrobe in RL because I'd get arrested  :D

Last time I saw, you we're a pink floating pony mermaid thingy .. more like anyone admitting to seeing you IRL would get carted off !

: Do you see the ... 

: No. Absolutely not.

• Haha 3

Well . . . I suppose if owning things is your chief criterion, yes.

But I wouldn't trade the sensuality of real silk on my RL skin, or the weight of my RL lover's arms on my shoulders and neck, for the contents of every store in SL.

And neither would you.

SL has a great many wonderful things going for it, some of which are unattainable in RL. But "things"? That's just shadows and illusion.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Benson Gravois said:

Is it just me or does anyone else find it sad that their avatars have a nicer wardrobe than us?

If that is true, can you explain why nude beaches are so popular in SL?

But I can't edit anything in RL; or remodel, or rearrange the furniture with no back pain, or change my clothes in a second, or reduce the size of items built for GIANTS, or have a fire in the fireplace on the hottest day of the year without overworking the AC, and so on and so forth.

So there! :P

• Like 1

Thing is, without self control (I have none when it comes to clothes), I end up with too many colours of the same garment, and too many outfits which are almost identical.

So like for like in RL I wouldn't have as much as here in SL. And the stuff I never wear would be down the charity shop. Maybe SL should run a donate your unwanted clothing scheme, which could then be sold at a discount.

I don't suppose the original sellers would like it much but it would help those with fewer Lindens to spend.

Shoes are different and if I could afford my SL shoe inventory in RL I would have it, and more.

1 hour ago, BelindaN said:

Shoes are different and if I could afford my SL shoe inventory in RL I would have it, and more.

I'm right there with you, sister.  I can't wear my SL heals in RL anymore but if I could you can bet I would have hundreds more.

• Like 1

I sometimes buy things in RL because I own them already in SL. I often wear the black waistcoat/white shirt/blue jeans/red Chucks combo in RL too. Doesn't look anywhere near as good on me in RL though. 

I wonder why? :o

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1820 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.