The 40+ crowd! Do you exist in SL?

Kush Daddy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1348 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

Sufficiently eloquent without a doubt. Well behaved? I have insufficient data derived from sufficiently close encounters to be able to establish a benchmark...…….. 😉

... Steps closer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

stands at the bottom with a very large tank of jello.

image.png.b80a86714773345da2752c40f33e6fb9.pngimage.png.5744ca52d5a06022e15578890159c679.png

Jello is primarily made up of gelatin, a protein extracted from the skins and bones of certain animals. The gelatin is dissolved in boiling water and then cooled to form a gelatinous, semi-solid substance.

Yum Yum Yum think of all the Jello us over 40+ crowd has consumed

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jameson2001 said:

Jello is primarily made up of gelatin, a protein extracted from the skins and bones of certain animals. The gelatin is dissolved in boiling water and then cooled to form a gelatinous, semi-solid substance.

When my teacher introduced my class to 'warm glue', he explained how it's largely the same thing as what you make jelly candies out of (collagen is the primary adhesive, but animal glues tend to contain quite a bit of gelatin as well, as both are extracted through the same method and the glue - bone glue contains more gelatin, which is why it's a weaker and more brittle adhesive than hide glue). A lot of people don't like the smell of fresh, warm glue - I love it. But when it's been on a book spine for 50+ years and you moisten it to scrape it clean it can smell like a dead sewer rat.

The next day, he brought jelly candies to class. Him and I were the only ones who would eat from them, whilst everyone else looked just about ready to hurl.

I also ruined yogurt for a class mate when I pointed out that the one she was eating contained carragheen, an algae used for marbling papers - and a thickening agent in foodstuffs. I'm surrounded by weak stomachs!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

hi, I just joined today! twice I got teleported to adult areas while I was still figuring out how to walk LMAO!!!! one guy just said hi, then the telport thing popped up so I clicked :D nek minnut hes asking me if I want to hop in his bed LMAO! I am in the 40yr old group but it would be nice to meet people who would like to show me around at a slower pace HAHAHAHA

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

On 6/5/2019 at 10:21 AM, BelindaN said:

Isn't cloaking your real age a major part of SL?😊

My avatar is a Noldorian elf and so he is approximately 3,500 years old. His typist is about 3,450 years younger than that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

On 6/9/2019 at 3:29 AM, SarahBellam said:

hi, I just joined today! twice I got teleported to adult areas while I was still figuring out how to walk LMAO!!!! one guy just said hi, then the telport thing popped up so I clicked :D nek minnut hes asking me if I want to hop in his bed LMAO! I am in the 40yr old group but it would be nice to meet people who would like to show me around at a slower pace HAHAHAHA

Welcome to Second Life!

Seriously though, it's a very good thing that you're able to laugh and see the funny side of that. Recommend not accepting teleport offers or friendship requests from people you don't already know and trust. 

If you need help figuring out the basics, do hop over to Caledon Oxbridge (you'll find it in Search), which is a great place to learn. They have a range of classes geared towards new residents. The Shelter is another nice newbie-friendly place; no classes there but usually some oldbies willing to help.

• Like 3

On 6/9/2019 at 10:29 AM, SarahBellam said:

If you go to your menu World>>Destinations  there is a category for Newcomer Friendly places. The Editors Picks section also have some cool places to explore, when you're ready. 

• Like 2

On 6/8/2019 at 10:29 PM, SarahBellam said:

Hi there! I'm in the 40+ crowd :) what are some things you are interested in? I'm typically dancing on my work platform while organizing inventory, building, or decorating my house in between exploring around Bellisseria or shopping sales and events (to decorate more!). Which keeps my RL husband happy lol because as long as I am in here decorating it keeps me from going, "you know, I have an idea and it requires a trip to Lowe's..." in RL!

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 8:37 AM, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Harmless.. What an interesting word to use about someone. There are "harmless" men in SL, i know many of them. We don't all want pixel sex with every female. I am typically not in a human av, and i constantly get IMs saying how hot i look and "i bet you have a huge ___." DO i come here saying only men and lesbains can speak to me? No, I either ignore them of not, my choice. 

I wasn't harassing her, i was actually curious as to why she won't talk to straight males.

Also, I wouldn't greet her at all, I am a straight male, she would get offended. Judging people before they say anything to you, how open minded. Yes yes, lets slam the door on people because of a few bad apples. Yes, there are some men that will hit on you, mostly newbies. But is that really a reason to refuse to talk to all men? 

I got a random message from a guy when I was at an event yesterday. From reading his profile, he is looking for a sl relationship to go to rl. The conversation led down to wanting to know how I am and then it got weirder. I wasn't interested and he kept pushing. I stopped replying and told him to stop before I stopped replying. He just had to blow up my IM and kept asking me questions. Yes, it happens to me all the time. They think complimenting my avatar or my rl pic is going to give them what they want from me. always an ulterior motive with these guys.

• Like 1

I'm looking here, but actually I shouldn't be in this topic. I'm still a full 10 months short of being 40+. But I also belong to the group of people that started SL in their 20's (not on this avatar though). Sp I guess I can relate to a lot of people here apart from the fact that I'm an 80's kid, and never experienced the 70's.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

rocky-horror-01-800.jpg.a166c420d95b10b3572164dff6a5949c.jpg

And something about a computer operating system, home video game console, and of course Led Zepplin (ah, real music). 🤘 ❤️ 🎵

omg I love rocky horror  !!!!!! Tim curry  !!!!!! love that movie ...in the 80s  fri  and sat at midnight showings all of the colledge gang went ,,,,  funny  last year i saw a gentleman who was a dead ringer for tim curry and his laughter and voice just like the count franken furter  no it was not him but instead of hearing what he was saying to me in my  my mind  all i heard was  the sweet trans  from  transavania   aaaaa aaa  hey hey hey  ...... My rl husband was there and after the gentleman  caught his train my rl husband said dont say it  you were  thinking that song   and he said he probably  wearing his fishnets under his  business suit   ,,, but this guy looked like the very young tim curry ,,,,, and my brain went right to that song ,,,,  ikr ,,,,

Edited by roseelvira
time warp
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yes am over 40, but I am currently a Dinkie.  I love it...it's the best decision I made in my SL!  It feels like my second childhood.  If you ever want to be an unusual avatar, join SMALL TALK.  Small talk is a group mostly for Tinies, Dinkies and Titchies but all kinds of avatars show up from Aliens to Clowns to Cinderalla to teens and tweens.  There are General, PG and Mixed events like families plus other oddities, and it's fun!   For the General and PG events just tone it down a bit and keep it PG and fun.  But, again, there are more mature events also.  

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1348 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.