SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

Since this thread is sort of a history of Belli, I wanted to note two major events that affect SL as a whole, tho not Belli directly.

On January 5th, LL announced that:

> Project uplift is finally complete, and LL has completely vacated the colo facility so long occupied by SL's servers.  All hail AWS!  Tweaks and bug fixes will of course continue ad infinitum.

> The acquisition of LL by an investment group led by Randy Waterfield and Brad Oberwager finally obtained regulatory approval, and has therefore been completed.  The announcement notes that 2020 saw strong SL growth, and expresses an expectation that this will make more resources available to LL to fuel future growth.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Here's a view of the end of the rail line, looking south along the east coast of Logland.  The loop is in SSPE1110, opposite Westley in Margaritaville.  Lots of room for a RR station, though it might be in SSPE1111, between Faraday and Blackchapel, where there's a lot of flat land too.  I'm very much hoping for a connection via road (and maybe rail?) through the mountains to a recreational spot on the water with a rez zone,  I see a couple of possible spots!  Wouldn't it be cool to sail down through Margaritaville to Logland, hike up the hills to a rail station, and choochoo on down the coast!

1758337011_endofline_001.thumb.jpg.28327959cfeeb6951a0adecb07623df3.jpg

[In case you're wondering what the gray skyscraper on the right is, that is someone's weather system. I went afk for 20 minutes before taking this pic to give it a chance to rez (LOD 4), but no joy.   I've never seen a non-particle weather system that wasn't a lagmonster.  Even the particle ones will give you client-side lag if you let them.]

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 4

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Vana Gears said:

Do you think they will be finishing and releasing any of the log areas? Or have all the releases lately been just stilts? I've been away for a few months so am out of the loop.

It's not clear whether you are looking for any log home or are specifically wondering when the remaining regions will be completed.  I assume since you posed this in the SSP forum, it is the latter, but just in case you merely want a log home, and aren't seeing any on the LP, you need to click the little + sign to see them.

image.png.97d34f6be41b9dac4ab3ff3403136a65.png

If you are actually curious about the SSP regions, only the moles or Lindens know for sure, but here is what I have noticed.

Up until the time they started releasing stilts, they were still completing and releasing log regions.  I have not made an effort to check for new releases since then, but I have been watching at least some of the SSP regions for renaming, which has not happened.  That's not to say that there haven't been any, just that the one's I'm watching haven't changed names. 

It's harder to track log home releases with there being constant availability, but I know work has been ongoing on the railroad tracks and at least some landscaping, so I'm sure the remaining unfinished regions will be completed "soon."  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

That clears it up a bit. I have been switching log homes for about a week now, but every single time, except a few, it's been the same 4 regions over and over and usually the same house. They are mostly near unnamed regions so I got curious. None of the other house layouts were working for me and I finally gave the log houses a try and found one I finally liked. So for the first time I am house hopping like a madwoman. Lol. Thanks for the response!

• Like 1

This appeared in the region next to my house today. On the map there is not yet a region there, but clicking the land brings up the usual Linden owned land. I'm sure it'll be shaped eventually, but I was so very caught off guard when I turned my camera and saw it lol.
image.thumb.png.3112639051d80b6bfa0ea653205a2841.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Good find, @CandyJewels !  That is SSPE1734, a single flat region of new land, bordering the small island at the edge of SSPE1108 on the west and Red Palms to the east.  It's not terraformed yet, but obviously the island's coastline will continue into it. Looking east from SSPE1108:

SSPE1734_001.thumb.png.cf0f7cd2d0ece536c28be908bee06f77.png

There's nothing north of it, and no moles or Lindens in sight. Just one new region ... I wonder why?  Could it be a new Community Center for the Stilts?  usually those are inside of  subcontinents, not right on the edge.  Tho some don't have them at all.  So far there's just Randlesham and Campwich, isn't there?

*shrugs*

• Like 5

Well, and here's something else interesting.  Way up in the SSP area, work has continued now and then on the purple regions, SSP2001 - 2040.  I've been assuming that was where the tiles for the next theme, Chalets, have been being built.  Since the last time I checked, the moles have put their "party" cover tile, showing a whole bunch of of fake green dots, on SSP2032, for reasons of their own.  But the INTERESTING thing is that the region below that, which should be SSP2037, has simply disappeared.  It shows as "Loading ..." now.

Having one region disappear from an SSP block of tiles that is actively being worked on is very odd indeed.

It's probably not because they simply need a region.  They've been doing housecleaning -- the entire block of pink regions that were the tiles for the stilts, SSP1501-1551, are gone (still showing as Loading... or offline, but, basically, gone).  SSP1501x, SSPGlamBuild, SSP Conspiracy II, SSPMBC are also all offline.  Somebody is actually in SSPCI at the moment, and the script QA region SSP83X remains along with a few others.

SSP2037, where aaarrrrrreeeee you?  And do you know anything about SSPE1734?

p.s. Abnor Mole just showed up in SSPE1734 and is busily terraforming.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Lots of moles doing lots of stuffs!  So far I see 3 brand new regions,  now grouped around a not-yet-created region that is going to have a fantastic view of the new bridge (in SSPE1108) between LogLand and Margaritaville.

ETA:  ???? is now SSPE1735 so far all water

266860744_newstilts.JPG.12d840a7d430c3eeb181a6e1fe170d9a.JPG

Stilts and Loghomes sharing a single piece of land!  These boys is miscegenated!

(apologies to Wayne Duvall)

The views from some of these homes are going to be really lovely.

miscegenated_001.thumb.jpg.01664a83d5ad6b61df1003c9c8ecb15e.jpg

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1