SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

On 12/13/2020 at 10:06 PM, Leora Greenwood said:

I am so excited about getting to choose a new Linden name for the list and naming a Bellisseria region.  Consulting with my family as I type, LOL.  :)

Congratulations fellow auction winners :) I am eagerly awaiting a tp to a payment kiosk I think the fact I am UK time is delaying it, super happy to win one though!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, 4lice Cerise said:

SSPE1104 to SSPE1111 are finally inworld, filling the gap between loghouse country and stilthome islands:

p77iOfE.png

Meaning also we can step on the (still red framed) new LH regions, which have been tantalizing us for so long: Yay! I'm now on http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Blackchapel/133/168/26 and loving it!

I see 2 green dots in my house lmao. I think somebody was using my bed while I was out. Tsktsk!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The stilthouse islands are nice. I noticed a few random things:

• Lots of rez zones, way more than in the traditional and victorian areas, with up to two and three contiguous regions showing one each — these are both on water and road. At first glance there's one rez zone on each medium sized island and even more on bigger islands.
  • There's some cloning of islands, readily apparent in the map, but not too much as to feel fake.
  • Street lamps in varying colors!
  • Lots of aptly signalled waterways (there are now buoys with the ICS alpha flag on region corners all around Bellisseria, even as far north as Becamled region).
  • There are jetties and connecting boardwalks, wide enough drive a car through but somehow I couldn’t do it as it seemed to be stuck, stumbling on each crossplank. Maybe it’s intentional?: I could ride my bike real smoothly.
  • Bigger islands have also asphalt roads where cars can drive unimpeded.
  • Some house owners (okay, at least one) hurried to close off the area under the house with added deck / basement. I guess it could look okay if properly built…

SrQ33AN.png

Example of one of those asphalt road rez zones: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Fort Mesa/206/135/23

Edited by 4lice Cerise
url
  • Like 10

• Moles
4 hours ago, 4lice Cerise said:

There are jetties and connecting boardwalks, wide enough drive a car through but somehow I couldn’t do it as it seemed to be stuck, stumbling on each crossplank. Maybe it’s intentional?: I could ride my bike real smoothly.

Boardwalks and piers aren't meant for vehicle traffic. That is why they have posts blocking cars from driving on them from the roads. Wearables like bicycles should work, but most vehicles will have the same trouble you did.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

On 12/25/2020 at 11:45 AM, 4lice Cerise said:
  • Some house owners (okay, at least one) hurried to close off the area under the house with added deck / basement. I guess it could look okay if properly built…

I'm surprised you don't see more of that, it's quite common in RL to enclose part or all of the area under the house and use it as a garage, either with solid walls or lattice.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Gryphon Ronas said:

I'm surprised you don't see more of that, it's quite common in RL to enclose part or all of the area under the house and use it as a garage, either with solid walls or lattice.

Also used as a place to clean yourself off from the beach, a lot of people install outdoor showers there or just nearby on the side of the house

• Like 6

Since the map isn't working so very well, I thought I'd offer this rough drawing showing the current coastline of Logland where it adjoins Margaritaville.  A nice-sized channel leads nearly straight up the east edge of Logland until it reaches SSPE1108.  The coastline bends there to continue westward until it runs out of regions west of SSPE1104.   At present, this leaves a VERY large block of open water north of LogLand leading up to the north "wing" of Margaritaville.   [It is possible that when more regions are added around Really Wet, Too Salty, etc, more Stilts or Houseboats may appear.]   As is typical of Logland, this long coastline is mostly mountainous.  There is a small, deep bay in SSPE1108 roughly opposite what may turn out to be a sizeable island, textured as Logland, in the upper right corner of SSPE1108. 

coastline1.thumb.JPG.94244e1e6c9d64ecac73ac7fe8152fd0.JPG

The small chunk of "island" in SSPE1108 looks like this currently.

SSP1108_001.thumb.jpg.ec3ced7ce2cdf2ac77eaf28312c8d795.jpg

As you can see, the sharp-edged land adjacent to the nonexistent regions is quite low, no higher than in Margaritaville,, but it is textured as LogLand.  There will clearly be more land added along those edges. Might be some neat properties there!

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

31 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Since the map isn't working so very well, I thought I'd offer this rough drawing showing the current coastline of Logland where it adjoins Margaritaville.  A nice-sized channel leads nearly straight up the east edge of Logland until it reaches SSPE1108.  The coastline bends there to continue westward until it runs out of regions west of SSPE1104.   At present, this leaves a VERY large block of open water north of LogLand leading up to the north "wing" of Margaritaville.   [It is possible that when more regions are added around Really Wet, Too Salty, etc, more Stilts or Houseboats may appear.]   As is typical of Logland, this long coastline is mostly mountainous.  There is a small, deep bay in SSPE1108 roughly opposite what may turn out to be a sizeable island, textured as Logland, in the upper right corner of SSPE1108. 

As you can see, the sharp-edged land adjacent to the nonexistent regions is quite low, no higher than in Margaritaville,, but it is textured as LogLand.  There will clearly be more land added along those edges. Might be some neat properties there!

Interseting post, thanks @Nika Talaj, it  prompted me to pop over to SSPE1108. Looking at the island in the incomplete area it appears that it will become much larger when the missing regions are added:

image.png.a24fe0855fc966d8b03db5e3526083d4.png

This extended future island to the north and east will presumably be a transition land between Log homes and the new Stilts to the east. I must say I am looking forward to seeing how the expansion is laid out and how far Bellisseria will eventually go, and how it will finally look.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Another thing I am waiting for is the opening up of the ocean regions such as Too Salty which currently prevents entry. There are regions like this dotted across the recent land expansions. I'm not sure what needs to happen before we can sail across for example to Paige Marsouin from the south.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Since the log lands are much higher than the rest of Belli to avoid the water glitch, I wonder how they would work lower log lands in? Maybe low logs will consist of only a small area to attractively bridge that section of the two themes?

It will be interesting to see what they will do since Patch and the Moles have been consistently vocal regarding the height discrepancy and the reasoning behind it.

Edited by Eirynne Sieyes
typo
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Lloyd Overland said:

Flying round the new areas in the east of the log lands I spotted these campers and log houses with lovely views out to sea (SSPE1118). Just inland is the future extension to the railway.

image.thumb.png.1d60f55ac86a38eb2740202c3f34f259.png

image.png.c8414572f03ec0e4e917a152b0781d08.png

Good catch Lloyd! Campers is probably what the "low log" lands will be.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was out sailing and delighted to find that the previously 'access not permitted' open water regions are now accessible north of SSPE1106 meaning that you can now sail between the log land to the east and stilts to the west and up to the northern stilts 😀

image.png.ae636c238b62ca4465a3bf163ba918df.png

The northern journey stops at Tide Dyed which is still not accessible (East Flushing and the regions to the north are also still barred at the moment)

image.png.e2fde7223419c67eebcd6e88f818c47a.png

Edited by Lloyd Overland
Add additional information
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

The Moles have been busy opening up previously closed ocean regions meaning that sailors and pilots etc can now enjoy new journeys over longer distances. Previously Something Fishy was inaccessible:

image.png.2d228da9fd0313b085483922808b8cc4.png

also Whatta Maroon:

image.png.11c3b6253b5b9f79e762483092e9f080.png

Murky Bottom:

image.png.c088fc401c9405cf39a5e7bd1ecfe38b.png

Sea Plus:

image.png.96e9cd70e0ef398f49f5de593c31caca.png

and finally Tide Dyed all now accessible:

image.png.084e2f2714bbff60b58ab25a63edcb9e.png

Edited by Lloyd Overland
Spelling
  • Like 8