Jump to content
Karina Leborski

Sexy clothes

Recommended Posts

General thoughts on the matter...most of the clothes in SL nowadays are very short/open/sexy/*****ty...it's a general trend. Also most female avatars (male sometimes also, but less) are dressed...well, not as they would dress in RL. The question for it - what's your reasons? Is it the limited choice in the stores, personal preference, your partner likes u dressed like that? Another question - do u expect to attract opposite sex and any romantic/sexual inworld interaction by wearing very little? Do u sometimes get offended by men hitting on you too explicitly when u dressed like that?

Edited by Karina Leborski

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Karina Leborski said:

.well, not as they would dress in RL. 

But it is Sl and not RL 

35 minutes ago, Karina Leborski said:

. The question for it - what's your reasons? 

Because it's not RL and they can do that.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dress pretty casual or nice ,normally..

If I'm taking pictures or something,I'll show a little more skin..But for the most part,I'm usually running around in something like this..

hehehehe

34729509934_f4de9bcf3e_b.jpg

 

The main reason I buy sexy things is because I'm into shopping and fashion..But that's the same as in real life as well..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I dress pretty casual or nice ,normally..

If I'm taking pictures or something,I'll show a little more skin..But for the most part,I'm usually running around in something like this..

hehehehe

34729509934_f4de9bcf3e_b.jpg

Nice barn you have 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Derekmate said:

Nice barn you have 

That's actually my house,but I do have a few nice barns and some horses in here and in RL..

hehehehe :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Self-expression, experimentation, freedom.

This.

Plus some convenience/ quality reasons:

Some of the clothes I would love in RL just don't work well in SL, such as maxi skirts or dresses that suffer from texture-stretching.

Sometimes I want an outfit with minimal complexity or which doesn't obscure my view of things around me (like when playing Linen Realms!) so I might throw on a pair of skimpy shorts and a top.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Karina Leborski said:

most of the clothes in SL nowadays

Nowadays? When was the time of non-sexy clothing in SL? As far as I'm  concerned, it was always around and popular as long as I've been here.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dress my avatars differently based on personality of the character, but when in my 'normal' body I do find myself dressing way out of my real life comfort zone. Sometimes that's good, because my virtual legs can't feel cold when I don't have pants on. Sometimes I do just want to look like myself though, so when I find some nice pants I cherish them. Sexy skimpy minidresses are out of character for me but they're like half my inventory. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Karina Leborski said:

What's your reasons?

’cos here I can mute.

Edited by Ren Toxx
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Karina Leborski said:

The question for it - what's your reasons? Is it the limited choice in the stores, personal preference, your partner likes u dressed like that? Another question - do u expect to attract opposite sex and any romantic/sexual inworld interaction by wearing very little? Do u sometimes get offended by men hitting on you too explicitly when u dressed like that?

 

When I do dress "sexy" in SL, it's mostly because I don't have clothing anything like that RL, nor would it suit me. Most of the time, though, I'm in jeans and shirt, like RL, or dress pants/blouse...not like RL :D  The sexy in SL, in my experience, is fairly different than the sexy in RL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dress like a hamster sometimes, because it's fun....and this is sl, so I can be whatever and whoever I wanna be, without giving a donkey's left nut what anyone thinks of it :D

I imagine others dress how they wish because they too, don't give a donkey's left nut if others like it, or not :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not fan of the 'sl**ty' clothes, even on avatar they don't look quite right and nice. At least not to me.
However I do like nice sexy clothes, even a bit 'teasing' ones in SL, just carefully trying to avoid that they don't look 'sl**ty'.
I like also wearing beautiful gowns when going to ballroom for example. It gives that extra nice feeling being well dressed.

Anyway, I like also wearing simple everyday clothes, jeans, pants, shorts and tops to go with them.
And my specialty like is sometimes to wear some tribal outfits. Even fairy outfits.

To sum it up, I like versatility in my wardrobe. Selection of clothes for all purposes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do club work in SL, so part of my in-world wardrobe is mandated by the event theme.

Also, as a "Professonal" in RL - I am discouraged from working in my underwear.....I may occasionally do here  :-)

giphy.gif
 

Edited by AmandaKeen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dress like that depending on occasion or mood. Sometimes just for fun. Or for when I go hang out with certain people.

And no, I don't usually people messaging me or hitting on me. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did the sl**ty-wear back in my early SL days - because I could and it was stuff that I'd never have the nerve to wear in RL.

These days I don't wear too much sexy clothing because there is very little of it that doesn't show more than I want to show.  Most days, this is more my style:
20180605.thumb.jpg.7c8a3c222a7be1ab730331dd89488eb5.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like a variety of styles. While I do like to dress sexy a lot of the time, I prefer things that are form fitting, clingy, or things that offer a slight "glimpse" of the goods. Outfits that are a little flirty but still on the classy side.  I'm not really a fan of jeans cut so low your crotch is practically hanging out and your butt crack is there for the world to see. I'd rather have my pants either high wasted or slightly below the navel, depending on whether I'm aiming for dressy or casual.

I can't really say that I dress for male attention as I'm not looking for an SL relationship at this time. And to be honest, I don't get hit on all that much. Occasionally I might get told I have a nice outfit or a nice avatar. But then I don't get flirty, I'm kind of on the shy side and don't want to lead anyone on. I just like to dress to make myself feel attractive. What woman doesn't?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Karina Leborski said:

General thoughts on the matter...most of the clothes in SL nowadays are very short/open/sexy/*****ty...it's a general trend. Also most female avatars (male sometimes also, but less) are dressed...well, not as they would dress in RL. The question for it - what's your reasons? Is it the limited choice in the stores, personal preference, your partner likes u dressed like that? Another question - do u expect to attract opposite sex and any romantic/sexual inworld interaction by wearing very little? Do u sometimes get offended by men hitting on you too explicitly when u dressed like that?

I arrived in SL at the end of 2006, and female clothing has always been like that. It's not jusr "nowadays".

I don't have any reason for wearing the type of clothing you described, because I don't wear it. But I do have an opinion on why people dress that way. My opinion is that it's because they would like to wear such clothing in RL but they don't because society might (probably would) be too judgemental, and/or because they don't have body shapes that suit it. Also my opinion is that many, perhaps even most, of we RL people would really like to be much more sexually free in RL than we are. By "sexually free", I don't just mean promiscuous, although that's a part of it for many people. I also mean stuff like the revealing clothing we wear, and clothing we don't wear.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another view: My personal experience has been that the RL age of many residents skews towards 30+ (this may just be the venues I work at and the groups I socialise with).

Based on that, I think many female residents dress *as they perceive* that 20-something’s would dress.

Pop culture has a huge impact in RL and SL, maybe even more in SL because you can instantly conform to what TV and Social Media tells you is attractive.

Like how fast Kim K’s butt influenced so many backsides in SL?

This may not be an accurate representation of how very young adults dress and act - but it may be the result of how they are perceived by older generations trying to “fit in” in a virtual world where your default age is about 21....

Just a pondering...

giphy.gif

Edited by AmandaKeen
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AmandaKeen said:

Another view: My personal experience has been that the RL age of many residents skews towards 30+ (this may just be the venues I work at and the groups I socialise with).

Based on that, I think many female residents dress *as they perceive* that 20-something’s would dress.

Pop culture has a huge impact in RL and SL, maybe even more in SL because you can instantly conform to what TV and Social Media tells you is attractive.

Like how fast Kim K’s butt influenced so many backsides in SL?

This may not be an accurate representation of how very young adults dress and act - but it may be the result of how they are perceived by older generations trying to “fit in” in a virtual world where your default age is about 21....

Just a pondering...

giphy.gif

People tend to dress how they want to be perceived, SL and RL.

And people that complain about the reactions are being foolish or intentionally combative. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like for there to be more not-so-revealing things again. There's always been hypersexualised women's clothing in SL (judging from some of the antiques I found in freebie boxes 9 years ago), but I've never had this much trouble finding alternatives which suit me. I feel so out of place trying to shop these days. Enough so that I've bought some DAES (Blender files) to make my own with. Getting them out for sale has never been a priority because I didn't think many others cared, but reading the responses here maybe there's more of a market than I realised. If anyone wants to nudge me along in a particular direction, drop me a line.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I somewhat agree Bitsy, but my observation is that a walk through the local mall in RL bears a shocking resemblance to the major SL women’s retailers. I have to -look- for less-baring styles or leave the youth-centered mall for shops that specialize in upscale or “over-30” fashions.

There is shrinking middle-ground :-(

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh look. Another one here to complain about people who complain about people who dress in too revealing clothes. ^_^ Yawn.

Incidentally, nobody in this thred has complained about people wearing too revealing clothes.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe if in RL I had the body I have in SL I would dress that way in RL to.

But probably not, I would worry about what the neighbor would think, that some guy might try to rape me, or just start stalking me and show up in my driveway, in SL I don't care about any of that.

Edited by Talligurl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...