What are you doing today!? :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

(Warning: long RL rant) 

All my power went off at 4pm today :| I called the landlady and she said she was sending an electrician...he turned up at 5.20 and said he needed to access the office downstairs, but they'd gone home...so he said "I need to call the company...I'll come back" and walked out...I said "This evening??" and he said "I hope so" :/ 

Then at 5.40 the landlady called and said "Someone from the office is downstairs, can you send the electrician down now, please". I said "He's gone". She went bananas, "GONE??? Where?? I told him to wait on site...I can't believe this". I put on my mask again and went downstairs, and the man in the office asked me "Are you with the electrician?" O.o I said, the electrician drove off, I haven't got a scooby doo where he is! Then he came back and spent nearly an hour on the phone with me (he was downstairs) saying "How about now? Any power?" I was in the dark except for a battery candle, saying "Hmm, no..."

Then at 7pm, he told me he needed a 'Henley block' but said it was too late in the day to get one! I said "I have to WFH, I am really screwed without power." He then called someone on speaker- the other guy was shouting "No, you need a  ****ing 4mm cable!" and then they started talking about a car for sale and did they want to come by and have a look? At this point I'm thinking, no power for me tonight :| The electrician said "I'll call you in an hour" and drove off, and I thought, yeah, right...Then he came back 20 minutes later with this Henley block, whatever it is, and at 8pm I had power and he said, "Can I use your loo?" and I was so happy he'd fixed it, I said "Sure!" :D - and he left some pee on the floor :|

I've had better evenings...

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

(Mostly) Window shopping at the SL Christmas Expo.   I haven't been here too long, so I haven't been to more than one of the regions yet.  However, at least on the region I'm on, I really like the build. It has the feeling of a small town, old time Main Street, all decorated for Christmas.   

1122397804_20201204ChristmasExpoatChristmasStockings_001.thumb.png.6b2b9ffd940e79c70d1e9b44845b5846.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.