• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Look who I found on my (RL) walk to the beach this morning...

Contemplating spring

Getting a really lucky shot.  I was taking pictures of something else and playing with the windlights, then cammed out and around a bit to check angles and just happened to catch this in my view.

Posted Images

(Warning: long RL rant) 

All my power went off at 4pm today :| I called the landlady and she said she was sending an electrician...he turned up at 5.20 and said he needed to access the office downstairs, but they'd gone home...so he said "I need to call the company...I'll come back" and walked out...I said "This evening??" and he said "I hope so" :/ 

Then at 5.40 the landlady called and said "Someone from the office is downstairs, can you send the electrician down now, please". I said "He's gone". She went bananas, "GONE??? Where?? I told him to wait on site...I can't believe this". I put on my mask again and went downstairs, and the man in the office asked me "Are you with the electrician?" O.o I said, the electrician drove off, I haven't got a scooby doo where he is! Then he came back and spent nearly an hour on the phone with me (he was downstairs) saying "How about now? Any power?" I was in the dark except for a battery candle, saying "Hmm, no..."

Then at 7pm, he told me he needed a 'Henley block' but said it was too late in the day to get one! I said "I have to WFH, I am really screwed without power." He then called someone on speaker- the other guy was shouting "No, you need a  ****ing 4mm cable!" and then they started talking about a car for sale and did they want to come by and have a look? At this point I'm thinking, no power for me tonight :| The electrician said "I'll call you in an hour" and drove off, and I thought, yeah, right...Then he came back 20 minutes later with this Henley block, whatever it is, and at 8pm I had power and he said, "Can I use your loo?" and I was so happy he'd fixed it, I said "Sure!" :D - and he left some pee on the floor :|

I've had better evenings...

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

So today I discovered that I can ride a pretty pretty train as a part of my usual transit (essential worker, so... chill). It adds just about 15 minutes to the whole route, waaay less crowded and I get to relax next to a window watching my city go by. 

Very happy right now! 

• Like 5

(Mostly) Window shopping at the SL Christmas Expo.   I haven't been here too long, so I haven't been to more than one of the regions yet.  However, at least on the region I'm on, I really like the build. It has the feeling of a small town, old time Main Street, all decorated for Christmas.   

1122397804_20201204ChristmasExpoatChristmasStockings_001.thumb.png.6b2b9ffd940e79c70d1e9b44845b5846.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Eddy Vortex said:

How to you make gifs from SL?  I tried to looking for tutorials but couldn't find any.

Gyazo has a gif maker, max of 7 seconds for an unpaid a/c, then I download it & paste the link from MS player .. it was all a bit of a guess tbh .... but I will try again & let you know ! 

• Thanks 1