What are you doing today!? :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I could think of only one really perfect spot to take a pic of myself in the gorgeous dress that @Dafadilia Wayfarergot me for Christmas, and that is the Renaissance manor at Bellefleurs, I've taken a fair number of pics there in the past -- the grounds and the garden are really lovely, but I think this may be the first pic I've taken inside.

Here, I am contemplating how best to stay out of sight of that utterly awful man, Henry VIII, when he comes to visit next month.

Thank you, Dafadilia! It's really really lovely!

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Twist of Fate/190/163/48

Daf-Renaissance-Dress-Blank.thumb.png.755e75c46d1ff23e904d2dfb2f48db8f.png

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I will first say that the family sim that set up an area where we can take our children to see Santa was incredibly sweet. We decided to take Wednesday today to see this Santa and I have to say the photos we captured of our angel made us laugh. In the first one, she looks like a few choice phrases are going through her mind in toddler gibberish. Luckily a few moments later she broke out into her usual giggles so we were able to capture that too. Overall, the visit with Santa, we will consider a success. 💗💗🤣🤣

Wednesday and I_005.png

Wednesday and I_010.png

• Like 9

Today was our Christmas get-together / dinner at Saskia's! The decorations were lovely, the turkey a little dry (I think it was pretty early mesh), and the wine excellent.

Going clockwise, starting from nearest the camera, me (in the tasteful white dress), @Eva Knoller(wearing the inappropriate short and slightly tarty red dress), @TatianaNikolay(pretending she wasn't missing her bf), @BelindaN(about to spill her wine; have another one, do, Belinda!), and @Saskia Rieko(holding my still-unfilled wine glass!).

So far, it's been a really lovely virtual Christmas. 🙂

Xmas-Dinner-Blank.thumb.png.5716eded95a4999e569e852e54d6534f.png

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

Today dancing on the roof at Hyannisport, because I made that my new home. Also making a notecard for people who just start SL, because when they land here, they have no idea what to do. Starting SL is really hard without help, so I keep it simple, and send them all to you on the forum about BOM, Mesh, Maitreya 😄 But making a better ava for free isn't that hard, so really hoping to help them. Because "Rezzing in a Sandbox"..... nah, not easy.

Snapshot_002.png

Edited by AidySL
because english
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 12/20/2020 at 7:12 AM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I could think of only one really perfect spot to take a pic of myself in the gorgeous dress that @Dafadilia Wayfarergot me for Christmas, and that is the Renaissance manor at Bellefleurs, I've taken a fair number of pics there in the past -- the grounds and the garden are really lovely, but I think this may be the first pic I've taken inside.

Here, I am contemplating how best to stay out of sight of that utterly awful man, Henry VIII, when he comes to visit next month.

Thank you, Dafadilia! It's really really lovely!

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Twist of Fate/190/163/48

Daf-Renaissance-Dress-Blank.thumb.png.755e75c46d1ff23e904d2dfb2f48db8f.png

Love this. JustI hope Henry VIII will never see this. He doesn't need wife 7...

• Like 2

Oh wow. Are you a part of a roleplay? I love my beautiful ballgowns and this sounds interesting!

As for what I am doing today, shopping for new gowns fishing in Fish Hunt and doing a little trivia. I am also going through my gown collection to find the perfect one to wear. Wearing an Awesome Designs evergreen one right now with a beautiful full skirt.It's lovely!

• Like 1

On 12/19/2020 at 2:55 PM, Orwar said:

Treated myself to a new car today, and went on new adventures. Ish. 

Whilst I had tested the car quite extensively at the shop, I wasn't sure how it was going to handle sim crossings 'in the wild', but it turned out to work out rather nicely. There was however a minor incident when I went ahead to try driving in Mouselook (unlike my other vehicles which all still steer with the keyboard in mouselook, this one is made to actually steer and accelerate with the mouse) - as I approached a rather tight corner, I decided to do a nice little drift-turn, which would be Shift + D; unfortunately I had forgotten I had a pistol on my belt, with its gestures active, where Shift + D = 'Draw', so instead of turning, I suddenly had a gun in my hand, and as I veered the mouse and hit the mouse button, I accidentally put 3 bullets into some poor sod's garage. Whoopsie - an accidental drive-by!

I decided to stick to third person view (and made sure to deactivate the gestures) before continuing, deciding to go north along route 4 as I've gone the other way a fair bit recently. Everything was pretty much smooth sailing, and I made it all the way around along routes 3, 2, and 1, before reaching Calleta, where I parked for a bit to stretch my legs and have a looksee before continuing. 

On the way back I discovered that my car did not enjoy the way the atoll bridge (not sure if it has a proper name) goes up and down like a heart rate monitor of a rodent (a mole, possibly?), it got stuck a few times - I'll have to see if I can tinker a bit with the script to make the ride smoother (I think the gravity is fairly high at the moment). Once on dry land, getting back to my starting point through route 5 was easy business. 

The absolutely best part about it all though, was the sound. She purrs that way only an old gas-guzzling muscle-car do, and on low speeds there's even some tyre on asphalt action going on - and when you put the petal down, she roars like a beastie. 

And, of course, she's pretty. And there's cruise control, which is one feature I sorely miss in my other 'fun-car'. Going a few blocks around the house for fun works, but if you're going around a continent, holding down W gets tiring!

Snapshot-072.png

Lol. Okay, the imagery was awesome for me. I would loved to have seen you shoot the garage. Truely loving this thread!

• Like 1

On 12/19/2020 at 1:18 AM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Today I received Christmas presents from among others (more pics coming!) @Saskia Riekoand @BelindaN. From Belinda, a stunning fatpack of boots with a million options and a kazillion colours, and from Saskia, three different sets of sandal heels, also with a kazillion colours. Basically, I'm set for footwear for the year.

I also did some Christmas shopping, and naturally had to change outfits between each store, if only to show off my new heels and boots.

Oh, and I drank a lot of coffee today, to keep me going.

A LOT of coffee.

Xmas-Footwear-Blank.thumb.png.e983f6eb914ea42bcbedd5a688d96596.png

Ooh! Where can we find the heeled sandals? The more colors an item offers the more I like it! Just have to make sure if it has a HUD that the buttons are labeled so I know what color I am changing in to. Can't see in RL so I use Radegast to play SL.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CeleneHighwater said:

Hey another fisher! What fishing game are you doing? I should try fishing for marshmallows. That sounds handy!

Haha. Not a fisher as such nor part of a fishing game. A seat on the dock I tried earlier had given me a fishing rod which I kept on when sitting by fire. And the idea to use it to get the marshmallows came into my silly head!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CeleneHighwater said:

Ooh! Where can we find the heeled sandals? The more colors an item offers the more I like it! Just have to make sure if it has a HUD that the buttons are labeled so I know what color I am changing in to. Can't see in RL so I use Radegast to play SL.

The sandal heels, all three styles, are from KC | Couture. The HUDs have, as i said, lots of colour and customization choice -- I think something like 30 colors or so for each component (straps, back, insole, heel, etc.). Unfortunately, the colours are not labelled on the HUD itself. How does Radagast read those? Maybe from the scripts that it passes to the shoes? It can't surely OCR the HUD texture itself, can it?

In any case, they are lovely. I hope you find them usable!

5 hours ago, CeleneHighwater said:

Oh wow. Are you a part of a roleplay? I love my beautiful ballgowns and this sounds interesting!

No, I don't have the patience or, possibly, imagination for roleplay. I just like dressing up in historical garb, and going to beautiful places!

5 hours ago, AidySL said:

Love this. JustI hope Henry VIII will never see this. He doesn't need wife 7...

Well, it wouldn't be soooo bad were I to end up like Anne of Cleves (wife #4), whom he was sufficiently fond of to set up in a nice little palace of her own after their divorce.

I could probably handle a modest Tudor palace of my own.

I'm running around trying to keep busy. Since nobody has a clue when at&t will get service restored..

Them dummies put a main hub in a historical district in an old brick building with zero security around it,not even a guard. Now 5 states are still down without the ability to use credit cards,phones,internet and everything else they clumped all them eggs into.

No backup plan or system backup or anything.. that is scary to see just how much faith people put in them and they have it in a old brick building.. 

It has me rethinking just hom much I've strayed for convenience. 

It's time for a big purge of many of these things.. It's just too easy nowadays to have all our eggs in one basket.

Sorry, I'm just frustrated that they take in all this money and can't  even have a security guard at a place that needs more security than that. Let alone just keeping everyone in the dark.

Here is all my stuff,put it in a safe place..

At&t: Ok will do, trust me.. *stufg their stuff into a paper bag snd sets it aside.

I'm sorry, i just had to vent somewhere..

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Emma Krokus said:

Haha. Not a fisher as such nor part of a fishing game. A seat on the dock I tried earlier had given me a fishing rod which I kept on when sitting by fire. And the idea to use it to get the marshmallows came into my silly head!

15 hours ago, Emma Krokus said:

Lol. 

14 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

The sandal heels, all three styles, are from KC | Couture. The HUDs have, as i said, lots of colour and customization choice -- I think something like 30 colors or so for each component (straps, back, insole, heel, etc.). Unfortunately, the colours are not labelled on the HUD itself. How does Radagast read those? Maybe from the scripts that it passes to the shoes? It can't surely OCR the HUD texture itself, can it?

In any case, they are lovely. I hope you find them usable!

They sound beautiful! Radegast reads text and can read buttons on a HUD if they are labeled. It uses whatever screen reader the user is using so it is no more than a text-based SL client. It takes the objects you see visually in 3D and gives me a list of object names. So as with HUDs, naming objects is really helpful.

I wonder if I can use text commands to change the HUD colors. For example: /18 pink.

I will definitely be visiting KC to check these out! Thanks so much for the info. They sound like they’re right up my alley.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm running around trying to keep busy. Since nobody has a clue when at&t will get service restored..

Them dummies put a main hub in a historical district in an old brick building with zero security around it,not even a guard. Now 5 states are still down without the ability to use credit cards,phones,internet and everything else they clumped all them eggs into.

No backup plan or system backup or anything.. that is scary to see just how much faith people put in them and they have it in a old brick building.. 

It has me rethinking just hom much I've strayed for convenience. 

It's time for a big purge of many of these things.. It's just too easy nowadays to have all our eggs in one basket.

Sorry, I'm just frustrated that they take in all this money and can't  even have a security guard at a place that needs more security than that. Let alone just keeping everyone in the dark.

Here is all my stuff,put it in a safe place..

At&t: Ok will do, trust me.. *stufg their stuff into a paper bag snd sets it aside.

I'm sorry, i just had to vent somewhere..

AT&T sucks. I ditched them years ago. They charge an insane amount for their services and your bill can be unpredictable. With five states down, I imagine others will be ditching them too. So sorry you are one of the ones having an outage due to them. These big tech companies are to big and we definitely need to remove some eggs from their baskets. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.