What are you doing today!? :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't think I will ever be a creator, but I do enjoy taking various classes in-world about how to build or script.  I think it's good for everyone to have at least a basic knowledge of the build menus and how to at least rez, resize and texture a prim.   This morning I attended the class given at Builders Brewery for making a working watch, entirely out of prims. 

1203688906_20200821watchmakingclassatBuildersBrewery_002cropped.thumb.jpg.a3002c97fc48b047e1acecf0e29710dc.jpg 

265277559_20200821watchmakingclassatBuildersBrewery_003.thumb.jpg.5a9798d919c2d5231947f2af91e190d9.jpg

1228629857_20200821watchmakingclassatBuildersBrewery_004cropped.thumb.jpg.f8b6e63997341c566a858a2c53078e1c.jpg

and... wearing the resized watch:

1010959132_20200821watchmakingclassatBuildersBrewery_006cropped.thumb.jpg.11ea1d878cf57e02fd09e979193df6e5.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

I'm bumping this thread back up, for reasons.

@Moira Timmerman made a really nice point about it elsewhere, suggesting that it might serve a purpose as a resource for new people looking for places to go or things to do in SL. I think that's a great idea. (I suppose one could start a new thread, "Where Is Your Avatar Today," but I'm not stupid enough to start a new picture thread, so this one will do.)

Here's a pic of where I was two days ago, at a lovely new(?) sim modeled on the island of Gotland in the Baltic sea.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Binemust/20/203/38

Land-of-the-Geats-Blank.thumb.jpg.dedaf8502abaf08ece472c6484abc43b.jpg

[Appearances maybe to the contrary, and because I don't want people to think that I'm trying to turn this into another "photographer's thread," the above image is barely processed; it was a mostly impromptu shot made in Firestorm with graphics at "Very High, and without even a pose. The lighting and such is just plain old Windlight. Most people with a semi decent computer can see the sim looking like this.]

ETA: I didn't notice that Coby had already bumped it!

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

So, tonight, at the prompting of a friend, Aylin, I went to check out an exhibit at one of my favourite galleries, the Dixmix Gallery, where there's a new installation called "Theda's 'Silence.'" It was extremely impressive.

Thedas-Silence-Blank.thumb.png.c3d0dc14f20f8fa81dd3a85055d4bfa0.png

I'm not sure what it was about, to be honest. Maybe escaping from restriction (part of the exhibit featured these figures seemingly escaping from deconstructing boxes)? And, um, silence?

Whatevs, it's very cool. The figures you see behind me, for instance, are actually animated, and are running.

Here's the SLURL; it's definitely worth a half an hour or so of your time.

PS. If you do visit, turn on ALM if you can, and use Nacon's Fog as your Windlight.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Madori Bay/46/213/21

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Exploring mainland, along Route 9.  Came across a side road called "The Moleway", so I had to go see if there was anything interesting or out of the ordinary along it.  Found this little park at the end of the road (in Streibs):

438136391_20200929OakHillParkontheMolewayonStreibs_002.thumb.png.ff7c3e4996bad22bbd3ed35a60a5f26e.png

1350723811_20200929OakHillParkontheMolewayonStreibs_003.thumb.png.d426a85d924839371ddef1ba20de439c.png

(I'm probably strange, but I get a kick out of finding areas like this when I travel around mainland regions.  I think one of the reasons might be because coming across various Linden Department of Public Works sites around the different mainland continents provides, for me, a sense of place and history, like you would get from traveling around RL).

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Moira Timmerman said:

(I'm probably strange, but I get a kick out of finding areas like this when I travel around mainland regions.  I think one of the reasons might be because coming across various Linden Department of Public Works sites around the different mainland continents provides, for me, a sense of place and history, like you would get from traveling around RL).

I love stuff like this. It's one of the main reasons I like zipping around the mainland on my scooter. (My alt Laskya lacks motorized transport, poor thing, but I like taking her for walks along the SLRR tracks.) I've discovered so many neat little corners and places. Sometimes I crash into them! (I'm not a very good driver.)

It's so cool that SL -- and me! -- have been around long enough now that one can speak meaningfully of its "history." God knows how much longer it's all going to last; I want to savour it, the past and the present, while it's still here.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 1

I'm doing a lot of outfits for the Fallen Gods Anniversary party - I don't know the themes, noone does, but I take guesses based on what's come up a lot in the past. So I prepare a few dozen outfits (I'm not joking), wait until we get the themes, scrample in panic as I didn't hit 80% of the themes and put those together. Usually I do have some more time, but this year I'll have like.. 2 days, lol. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Horus Salubrius said:

That was very cool - thanks !     Theda Tammas - hope to see more of her stuff.

I'm so glad you liked it! This is exactly how I hoped this thread would function!

She's very cool, and very active. My friend Aylin apparently knows her a bit in RL (they are both Brazilian). She's going to keep me up-to-date on new installations by her, so I'll post those here when I can.

I'm actually for the first time, investing into an alt I made about a month ago, when I wanted to see what the new members starting point was like..

I've made an alt before years back, but mainly just for a manikin to use when I was making sculpties and prim stuff for me..

I figured this time, I'll invest some time and money into this one to break things up some and enjoy a new inventory and a lot of the things that come with being a new avatar..

See what what the world looks like from a different perspective..Things like that..

hehehe

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Horus Salubrius said:

It's a good idea.  I'm going to try & have a different SL experience this time so am hunting around looking for things to do & see.  

If you haven't tried it yet, you should try The Halloween Haunted Tour..

I just went on it and it's really very good.. It's an amazing build for sure..

Here is the slurl for anyone wanting to try it.. just hop on a coffin and ride it out..hehehe

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Haunted Halloween Tour 1/15/183/178

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm actually for the first time, investing into an alt I made about a month ago, when I wanted to see what the new members starting point was like..

Too daunting for me !  lol .. but she can hit me up inworld & we'll go explore some.

I think I might have done some halloween tour, lots of ghosts & zombies, tunnels, etc.  don't know how I got there, was waiting for the horny teenagers to get bumped off but that didn't happen. 😕

• Like 1

Naked with a Chair - I came across this this morning.   I like the concept & there are some great pics there.  oh - Adult of course .... 

from the artist:

THE OTHER NIGHT
Hey… my name is_____(you can get the note card yourself there)  and the other night I was happy with my avi, dunno why… so I rezzed two walls and a floor, put some concrete textures on it, then threw the first chair I found in my inventory—nice chair btw. Spontaneously, I got naked in that setting and took pics all night long. Over 100 pics… it was very strange, intense, very exciting. The next day, I framed 24 of those pics—you still can get them in the GACHA SOUVENIR.

THE INSTALLATION
Then I thought well… may be, others would like to do the same. So I built this installation, proposing to everyone to take a pic on the same chair I used the other night. And, step by step, I replaced all my pics by others'. Until I got 411!!!… Thanks to Cat, this installation is now permanent in NAKED.

GET NAKY WITH THE CHAIR
Fat, slim, angelic, beasty… whatever avi you have, whatever your age, whatever your gender… human, furry, alien, monster, whatever your species… sad, funny, fancy, kinky… however you feel at that moment… why wouldn't you get naky with the same chair I used the other night?—You can sit on it—or not—, use your own animations, rezz light. The only thing I ask you is to stay alone in this minimalist setting, absolutely naked with that bloody chair and nothing else than light & shadow. Then take a pic (or more). Make us feel who you are.—This installation is over but you can put your pic on flickr, so the adventure goes on.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Naked/78/208/22

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Luna Sancta/123/22/2502

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.