What are you doing today!? :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Drinking after paying bills.

Redoing my real life blog because I want to get back to that. I have a community there, and they are great, and there's no need to block anyone (yet). 

Signed up for a writing course from Wesleyan via Coursera so maybe I'll have something to post on said blog.

Refilling my drink.

I will probably stumble into SL later, because drinking = SL for me, if I can. 

• Like 4

Today I checked out a new installation of SL photographs by David Silence, called "Spectrum." Really cool stuff. Only a handful of pieces, so it doesn't take long to go through, but what there is, is definitely worthwhile.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Amaro/248/174/22

2138649049_David-Silence-SilenceBlank.thumb.png.8da9d58dc50285d138372c7419f75be0.png

The LA Club and Gallery, where this is, has other exhibits too that are worthy of attention.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Vintage Synths at my fingertips by both hardware and software.

I am happy. 🤤2020-10-23_12-35-32.thumb.jpg.87e9decb0be5aecfc1da24e5f450a5d3.jpg

6bfb1d907691104a9b36f947411f48f4.thumb.png.9c458aec8c88f1c7c296659aa0edfc53.png

4af2cd2b8fafe777ef522392575f895b.thumb.jpg.0685de137f9778c170cb2e77428ac1e2.jpg

/me continues pressing keys and twisting knobs , grunting 'oohs' and 'aahs' and 'owyeahhs' meanwhile.

Edited by TDD123
  • Like 4

Dahlings, I generally love shopping, like any normal person. But sometimes, these dreary little people do make it so very difficult! 

È tutto così noioso!

So, this happened.

912798597_But-Dahling-My-Clothes-1-Blank.thumb.png.0a5546438bf738064b903bae1a746a5c.png

[13:50] Scylla Rhiadra: Dahling, a pool? You MUST be joking
[13:51] [Poor Hapless Bystander]: huh?
[13:52] Scylla Rhiadra: Do you see what I'm wearing? I can't POSSIBLY get wet
[13:52] Scylla Rhiadra tosses her hair
[13:52] [Poor Hapless Bystander] giggles "My dr would kill me if I got in there too."
[13:53] Scylla Rhiadra: I think we should write and complain!
[13:53] Scylla Rhiadra: I'll have my people get hold of yours, and we'll coordinate!
[13:53] [Poor Hapless Bystander]: Sure
[13:53] Scylla Rhiadra: Start a public campaign against pools at sales events!
[13:53] Scylla Rhiadra: Change.org and everything
[13:53] Scylla Rhiadra: This is IMPORTANT, am I right?
[13:54] [Poor Hapless Bystander]: I mean, you could just avoid going into the water.
[13:54] Scylla Rhiadra blinks
[13:54] Scylla Rhiadra: I'm sorry?
[13:54] [Poor Hapless Bystander]: Go around it. There is a perfect ledge around the pool
[13:54] Scylla Rhiadra: Too much work. I have menials for that
[13:55] [Poor Hapless Bystander]: Maybe you should let them do the shopping for you too then?
[13:55] Scylla Rhiadra: I'll see if I can't bring one in. I am sure one of them specializes in ledges
[13:55] Scylla Rhiadra: Dahling, they have no taste. No taste at all
[13:55] Scylla Rhiadra: One of them wears JEGGINGS
[13:55] Scylla Rhiadra: I mean, seriously?
[13:56] [Poor Hapless Bystander] looks at her sweatpants and short top "If you say so."
[13:56] Scylla Rhiadra: YOU are injured. I'm sure you have a doctor's note or something
[13:56] [Poor Hapless Bystander]: Uh-huh for clothes
[13:57] Scylla Rhiadra: Any decent doctor would write you one
[13:57] [Poor Hapless Bystander] giggles a little "Right, I'll let him know that. Well I gotta be off, good luck with the pool petition."
[13:57] Scylla Rhiadra: Thank you dahling
[13:57] Scylla Rhiadra: Mwah mwah!

What is a girl to do? I'll be posting the Change.org link here very soon, dahlings. Thank you in advance for your support; I'll let you know the date of the fundraiser. You must bring that delightfully funny singer again, whatever his name was! He was so wonderfully drôle!

Mwah mwah!

1376670821_But-Dahling-My-Clothes-2-Blank.thumb.png.52a1708e79faa391958487fe8a8cd77d.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So, this happened.

My dear Scylla, our paths must have crossed like ships in the proverbial night, as I was at that very location not some two hours ago! Most uncouth of that merchant, I must say, to install a pool and not even have the courtesy to stock it with drinks and pool boys to serve said drinks.

I was sorely over-dressed for the occasion, seeing as I am currently ready for tomorrow's night's awards gala, but I gathered up my skirts and took a risk on that pool ledge. What is life, after all, if not for the risking now and then (hence said skirts), hm?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Today I registered for my second writing course.
The previous one was about creative writing generally, this one is about movies script writing.
There are people everywhere with problems and I am ashamed to complain about something so small.
But today -also- I was stung by a wasp and I feel anxious and sad. I have nowhere else to tell. My right hand was swollen (palm) and I took an antihistamine from the pharmacy.
I read on the net that the swelling can last from one to a few days (it  itches, too). I'm worried, should I go to the doctor? It is difficult for me for several reasons. I am grateful to second life that is here for me when I am alone and sad ... 

writer.png

wasp.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

My dear Scylla, our paths must have crossed like ships in the proverbial night, as I was at that very location not some two hours ago! Most uncouth of that merchant, I must say, to install a pool and not even have the courtesy to stock it with drinks and pool boys to serve said drinks.

Dahling, I so wish you'd been there! I feel sure you would have been more helpful and sympathetic than that young woman who, nice as she was, really did not quite grasp the gravity of the situation? Actually, she reminded me a little of a PA I once employed. Lovely person. I had to let her go when she came in one day wearing pink flats with a lime green ankle-length skirt.

/me shudders at the memory

I sent a very strongly worded note to the proprietor. I did not spare his feelings, I assure you: the word "barbaric" may have appeared therein, not merely once, but twice. I feel, under the circumstances, that this was all too warranted.

I also noted that the valet service was hardly up to standard.

2 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

I was sorely over-dressed for the occasion, seeing as I am currently ready for tomorrow's night's awards gala, but I gathered up my skirts and took a risk on that pool ledge. What is life, after all, if not for the risking now and then (hence said skirts), hm?

Oh! Such a treat! A bit of a preview of who you will be wearing tomorrow?

/me claps her hands excitedly

So very brave of you, dahling, taking your life, and your hem, in your hands like that. It reminds me of the time that Heidi K. and I got just a little bit tiddly on mimosas, and . . . well, never mind that now.

But then, that's what it is all about it, isn't it? Dedication to fashion. No risk is too great, is it, really?

In bocca al lupo, dahling! Mwah mwah!

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 197 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.