What are you doing today!? :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, examining said:

I read on the net that the swelling can last from one to a few days (it  itches, too). I'm worried, should I go to the doctor?

I am emphatically not a medical doctor, but it doesn't sound like something that requires medical attention? Were it dangerous, I think that would be evident by now. Is there a public medical help line (as there is where I live) that you can call to ask for advice? I don't think swelling in itself is at all unusual, but if you can, at the least, make an appointment to have yourself tested to see if you are allergic?

4 minutes ago, examining said:

I am grateful to second life that is here for me when I am alone and sad ...

And we're always here on the forums! You can always talk to us; we love company, and welcome yours. 🙂

• Like 1

On 10/24/2020 at 6:00 AM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I am emphatically not a medical doctor, but it doesn't sound like something that requires medical attention? Were it dangerous, I think that would be evident by now. Is there a public medical help line (as there is where I live) that you can call to ask for advice? I don't think swelling in itself is at all unusual, but if you can, at the least, make an appointment to have yourself tested to see if you are allergic?

And we're always here on the forums! You can always talk to us; we love company, and welcome yours. 🙂

It almost healed by itself, I only applied some calendula ointment from time to time.  Now I'm looking out of the window, it's a glorious dawn.  Also bird flocks are passing by -apparently with a destination. I feel like saying thanks to sl for reading and answering my messages from time to time...

dawn.png

• Like 4

RL. Anticipating the delivery of (another) new PC monitor.
I suggest Samsung monitors have 3 year built in obsolescence.
(switching issues both ports and on/off tactile power switch)>
Which is ok because monitor technologies advance quite quickly.
My first 27"/68.5cm ever.
Wanted -> https://www.samsung.com/au/monitors/high-resolution/uhd-monitor-28-inch-lu28r550uqexxy/
Got -> https://www.samsung.com/au/business/monitors/r650fde/ls27r650fdexxy/

5:09 PM 4/11/2020 Got it! and it's awesome, Watching it now :)

Edited by Maryanne Solo
  • Like 2

Watching the US election coverage because I thought it might be interesting...it's 2.55am ☹️The BBC coverage is awful...the presenter's shouting so loud and making bad jokes, I had to turn my volume down, it was hurting my ears ☹️ They're sitting in London trying to Zoom people in America but keep losing connection and saying sorry, and their mobiles keep going off...going to bed ☹️

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

Watching the US election coverage because I thought it might be interesting...it's 2.55am ☹️The BBC coverage is awful...the presenter's shouting so loud and making bad jokes, I had to turn my volume down, it was hurting my ears ☹️ They're sitting in London trying to Zoom people in America but keep losing connection and saying sorry, and their mobiles keep going off...going to bed ☹️

You are funny and young. Of course it was rubbish every event like this is boring. 

Me on the other hand was sleeping and had a great dream. Me being a rich man how had a hook for left hand and there was some girls in skimpy dresses with guns... I think I was a James Bond bad guy. 

Doing biceps curls with a hook more difficult than you would think. But a rubber band can help. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have been beating my inventory into submission in an effort to get my item numbers down!

The victim yesterday and today was my Poses folder.  I would go to each subfolder (poses were sorted by store), work my way through it checking if I had put the individual poses into the corresponding pose stand and looking at the couple's poses and seeing if keeping them in my inventory was worth it or if I should pack them away.  

So after rezzing multitudes of boxes, I would box them all individually, then into a box for each store and then into one big POSES box.  Then I could happily delete them all.  Down 10,000 items.

Still have three or four of my bigger store folders to go through, but got bored, so bounced into my hair folders instead and carnage happened!  I just deleted these as I was finding FLEXI from 2010!!!!  Another 4,000 items down.  

It's the small pleasures in SLife that make me happy!

• Like 5

My "home" is a train station -- the SLLU's "Unity Station" on the Heterocera SLRR line -- so, maybe naturally, one of my favourite things to do is to explore the mainland by following the SLRR tracks.

But I don't take the trains myself. While my (*cough*) "sister" Scylla likes to zip around on her ridiculously cute little Vespa, I actually like to walk the lines. It gives me time to see what I'm passing, and to explore neat and curious little byways. And it's something I did as a kid in RL.

One of my favourite things about the SLRR is the train stations; they are so varied and fun! Some of them are gorgeous. (There's a really pretty sushi bar right across from Unity Station where I like to sit.) 

1832693201_SLRR-Station-Forum-Blank.thumb.png.48241d3d494e37844d2c40d147d2370a.png

Walking the rail lines means I sometimes have to get out of the way of oncoming trains. And every once in a while, more often than you'd think, the train is actually carrying a sight-seer. I generally shout out hello to them as they pass. 

I don't know why this makes me so ridiculously happy, but it does. Just like when i was a kid, in RL.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Obscure/163/82/79

Edited by LaskyaClaren
  • Like 4

Trying to recover from y bike accident what I had last night. 

I dismantled with a bit more forte what I wanted. TBH I didn't even wanted to get down so it got me as a bit of a surprise.  Like the car how pulled of front of me. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

So, tonight, I continued my walking tour along the rail lines of Heterocera.

The section of the line I'm currently on is on the west side of the continent; the rails are situated on a sort of shelf, with a high cliff above, and a steep drop below to the east, where the land eventually gives way to the large inlet at the centre of the continent. While there certainly are lots of things to see beside the line, this means that one also needs to look both above and below if one isn't to miss cool things.

The mainland has at least a partially deserved reputation for ugliness. There's little "zoning," except that which is enforced by the landowners (one passes tiny little towns or hamlets where something like an aesthetic theme has obviously been put in place), and so there's a great deal of ugly, some of it very old, to see.

But there are also gems. Looking down the side of the cliff at one point, I spotted a very large and attractive Georgian edifice, with courtyard and outbuildings, and surrounded by trees. I decided to check it out. 

What I found is "Friendship Manor," a beautiful Georgian-style stone building that has, at least on the appearances of the rooms on the first floor, been abandoned. The furniture is covered with drop cloths, and there's a general look of neglect.

Friendship-Manor-Blank.thumb.png.8b1ead03156584fbd8614ca70aa9bd8f.png

As one heads to the upstairs, however, things get a bit more lively and, well, weird. I won't say more, in part because I'm not entirely sure what is going on there, but suffice it so that at least one of the rooms on the second floor is devoted to hydroponics and advanced computing. 

/me shrugs

I also found a beautiful stable, complete with horses, in one of the attractive outbuildings; I'll be returning for that at some later date.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Parva/100/61/41

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.