What are you doing today!? :D

So I've checked up a bit on the progress of the Bellisseria railroad tracks today, and did some nice discoveries.

Snapshot-034.png

As I was riding past the Campwich station, I looked off to the side and discovered this - so I hopped off the train to have a closer look. It's cosy, and the whole place with the station, the waterfall next to the station, and the lodge below (which also has plenty of rez spaces for boats, and at least one for a car), this is definitively a spot I'll be revisiting. Just too bad you can't actually rez a train at the station (but that goes for most stations so far).

I then decided I wanted to go to see how the tracks have developed on the eastern island, so I went all the way back to Red Hook and set off again. After a while, I found myself arriving at Campwich again, but this time from the east.

Snapshot-035.png

Isn't it pretty?!

But, this wasn't where I wanted to go, so I had a little look at the map and noticed that there's a railroad fork just north of Chippewa Junction, so I doubled back and could continue east.

The track eventually turns south, and across a bridge to the small island around Thunderhead, and then east again to cross the river to the new part of the newer parts of the continent. The tracks work, but they aren't finished (as evident by all the prims laying around to indicate things being a WIP). I finally reached a station with a dead end, that to my delight has a rez zone for trains! 

Snapshot-036.png

This isn't all that far from my place (although still way further than when I lived right next to the Chippewa Junction - that unfortunately still doesn't appear to have a train rez spot though), so I reckon I could easily drive my car here to rez a train, and then head over to just about anywhere I wanted.

My one complaint about the railroad system of Belliseria is that there aren't a whole lot of places you can rez your train (three, I think, currently) and that not all of them also have rez zones for cars as well. Other than that it's a lovely way to explore the continent!

• Like 6

23 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

How to you make gifs from SL?  I tried to looking for tutorials but couldn't find any.

Last night, I was busily working away in the Ivory Tower of Primitives sandbox, trying to manage an increasingly out-of-control inventory, when I received a surprise IM from a stranger, apparently nearby, mocking and taunting me because I, unlike him, did not have a typewriter in my hair.

I was shocked and aghast. Swinging my camera around quickly, I ascertained that I had indeed forgot to attach a typewriter to my hair that evening.

How mortifying!

We got into a bit of a conversation; he was no more than about 20 metres away. Zooming in, I noticed that, despite his otherwise undistinguished appearance, he was wearing a very curious tee shirt. It featured an animated GIF of a half-naked RL woman with very prominent, naked, large, and active breasts.

Intrigued, I invited Maddy, who is something of a connoisseur of sandbox oddities, to join us, and together the three of us struck up a conversation about the potential of this -- animated GIFs on clothing, not prominent breasts -- to revolutionize the women's fashion industry in SL. We discussed these over a nice Chardonnay and an antipasto platter that he fortuitously had secreted in his hairdo.

Animated-Boobie-Tee-Man-Blank.thumb.png.fd5e41cdba81734da213800b9d38dfd4.png

I pointed out that SL's entire culture and its economy were already built upon the admittedly unstable foundation of very prominent, large, and active breasts, and that something more innovative was required if this was to take the fashion industry by storm. Other potential uses that occurred to me were animated GIFs of puckering what's-its, talking how-the-hells, and helicoptering thingies.

My best suggestion, I think, was lingerie with animated fireworks. I'd buy these.

This would-be fashion mogul and entrepreneur -- a future Karl Lagerfeld of SL, I am convinced -- was kind enough to supply me with a copy of the script he has used for his prominent-and-animated-active-boobs tee shirt. I am looking to buy a full-perm mankini on MP, and experimenting with a short video of a Great White Shark I found online.

Look for pictures, and a link to the MP, in the future.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

My RL 'What are you doing today' whine:

My work laptop hard drive started taking disk errors, that were getting progressively worse and the last few bootups have gone straight into chkdsk mode with some bad sectors/files being deleted.  I'm not due for laptop replacement until next summer -- and they are strict about that crap.  Thus the tech built me a new disk drive.  It was swapped out yesterday and now I'm sludging my way through the horrid task of getting everything installed & set up again -- the Tech folks only install some corporate-wide basics.

It will likely take me a week, at least, to get all software installed and things configured the way I want them.

One good thing about the new disk -- I finally got Windows 10 at  work rather that still having to deal with Windows 7.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Sounds like a "Bucket List", hope you are OK! ❤️

Just a Wednesday night in LexxiWorld* o.0

I'm ok

Although I do wish the practicalities of life didn't get quite so much in the way of anguishing over whether to risk falling in love with someone and plotting revenge on the witch that cooked up this fairytale meeting of souls in the first place. Because I can't let her win and get to say "I told you so" without some kind of retribution for her meddling 😜 You know the drill x

Edited by LexxiXhan
*the bucket list, that is x
  • Like 1

Wandering around the Shop & Hop event picking up all the freebies.  Then I will be standing around on my skypad opening everything, trying them all on or rezzing, deciding what to keep and what not to keep, sorting it into the right folders or deleting, then boxing all the original packages up into one big box to hoard away.

Should keep me out of trouble for a few hours!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So, yesterday being Saint Lucia's day and all, and Saskia being Swedish, this is how I spent a few hours of it.

With @Eva Knoller, @Saskia Riekoand@BelindaN

St-Lucia-1-Blank.thumb.png.baf69e4581ffc5d7a9a958b4c7153bd0.png

Oh I love Saint Lucia's Day.  I go to the Danish church in London for that every year .... tho not this year obvs.   It's a lovely wee church.... 

aed5c6a844a07b0b550c9eeaeb9aedb0.jpg

• Like 4

Moi, looking très sophistiqué et séduisant at the Bar of The Mercury Room Lounge and Jazz Club.

And wearing my beautiful new dress from @TatianaNikolayYAY TATI!!!

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Cerveza Island/89/216/652

(The Mercury Room has the best jazz on Sunday nights, DJed by an old jazz session musician. Eclectic and interesting and often out-of-the-way tunes from the 20s to 50s. HIGHLY recommended!)

The-Mercury-Room-Bar-Blank.thumb.png.e5d0b65c9095a2ab3fff5d0b4d98d1aa.png

• Like 10

I ended up spending most of the afternoon at Buckingham Palace on the Antiquity group of regions, which has general role play roughly in the period of 1750 - 1850, with Buckingham Palace set up to be around 1819 or so.   I saw a sign outside the palace for a Christmas Tour of the palace, so I got the NC which included a map of the rooms included on the tour, and a very informative text guide.    Here's a couple of pics of my favorite rooms on the tour:

State Dining Room

50725324171_6c81851bfc_k.thumb.jpg.f5095eb20532210c064176ca9c38a92c.jpg

White Drawing Room

50725319236_d763ddedc7_k.thumb.jpg.d617f8fba9247150a48a4f131399f05c.jpg

There was also a special exhibit on political cartoons during the time of George IV that was very fun and informative, especially for someone who is not British, so doesn't know the history and background as well.

1852233865_20201215BuckinghamPalacespecialexhibitatAntiquityTexas_004.thumb.png.e3f77eac46b638ef4c7200f1eacb21bc.png

• Like 9

Today has been quite eventful. A friend brought me to the winter wonderland for some snowball fighting, and then we had a go at snowboarding. I then introduced her to GTFO, and then SML, and then we played some Othello. 

Didn't take any pictures. There were too many colours around.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Today's adventures were ... Extensive. @Catrie helped me pick a vehicle for my new alt, and I hooked up to GTFO and did a short run from the vehicle store to a nearby hub. Then I picked on a little further away, without looking at the map first - we had to go west to the inner circle of the Heterocera atoll, we were on the outer circle. I couldn't be bothered driving all the way to a proper road connecting the main roads, and instead set off on some smaller roads going over the mountain ridge between us and our destination.

Turns out, most of what I expected to be roads, were railroads.

Snapshot_003.png
   "I have a plan."
   "Of course you do, lol."
   "Choo choo!"
   "Ahahah"

But I'm not one to give up. And in spite of the railroad guides being physical, I decided that henceforth, my truck was a train. It got us a little bit closer to our destination, before I decided to just drive cross country, going through a quite cosy winter forest and over a few cliffs (I hope the cargo wasn't anything fragile or expensive!). 

We finally made it to the inner route and got to our destination, only to find that the hub had been abandoned - so we had to ascend a bit of a hill to drop the cargo off at the address (I guess it doesn't really matter whether the cargo was valuable!).

Then we brought in a few friends to stress test the truck. How many toons would go on it before the sim crossings would bork it? With 4 people on board (2 on the roof!), I put the petal to the metal and smashed us through 4-5 crossings - what stopped us wasn't lag, but that I almost fell over laughing as a speed camera notified me that I was to be fined L$34 for going at 65 mp/h. With a truck, on a small road, with a foggy WL I'd made. 

We then brought in a few alts and another friend, and with 8 people on board once more set out to test some sim crossings. Now things turned interesting, as we suddenly found ourselves standing on the road in a heap. After a moment we noticed that Cat was nowhere to be seen, and I also noticed that the truck hadn't been returned. When I asked where she'd gone, she sent me a pic of the truck firmly stuck in a road sign, and camming down the road I found it about 2 regions ahead. 

I cought up with the truck and went back to collect the others - not thinking about how they were all standing right on a crossing; I parked the truck square on the border, and when Neph couldn't get on I decided to open the throttle a little to move over to one of the sims - before I knew what hit me, I was on the street, and the truck was careening back down the road, only to quickly pop off into someone's garden. This time my movement was entirely borked, even after teleporting to try catching up with the runaway truck (which still had Cat in it!). I went for a relog, and when I returned, the truck was trying its very best to get inside someone's living room. 

We saw many interesting things, a beautiful train station in the mountains, a Mole mart, and some very clever use of small parcels diagonally hugged up against the roads - definitely going to be spending some more time driving in the near future!

unknown.png

Our approximate route for the delivery. The mountain crossing may have been a bit further south than what I managed to cram into the screen.

Edited by Orwar
  • Like 5

On 12/16/2020 at 1:09 AM, Orwar said:

Today has been quite eventful. A friend brought me to the winter wonderland for some snowball fighting, and then we had a go at snowboarding. I then introduced her to GTFO, and then SML, and then we played some Othello. 

Didn't take any pictures. There were too many colours around.

I was thinking about trying GTFO, because I love to find places that I've never seen yet, the more quirky the better. I should look into it. How long have you been doing GTFO?

6 hours ago, ClariceRose said:

How long have you been doing GTFO?

Not very long, it's one of many things I've been doing on and off but rarely take the time to do because I'm too easily distracted by other stuff. I have tried it with cars and trains so far, and it's really fun - railroading in SL can be really fun, and having a waypoint to go to is a bit of a challenge as you'll have to figure out which route to take to get there; trains don't do cross country like trucks can!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Orwar said:

and some very clever use of small parcels diagonally hugged up against the roads -

Ah, I remember a time when mainland parcels with Linden road frontage was a selling point. 

I’m lazy today, woke late, coffee late (but delish and mocha), still lingering over morning things. It’s snowy but bright out. I used to dislike electric and gas fireplaces but now they are just too convenient and cozy to argue against. Candles lit, fluffy blanket, hyggeligt.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fauve Aeon said:

Ah, I remember a time when mainland parcels with Linden road frontage was a selling point.

Still is, to a lot of people. 

What you'll want out of your land is up to what you want out of SL though. For one who spends their time blogging and taking photos from a sky platform, road access may seem pointless. But having access to roads to drive on is pretty much a must if you want to build your own home and have vehicular access to it. It's one of the big things with Belliseria for me - compared to the old Linden Homes, the roads are excellent for driving (alas, both the log homes and the Victorian homes are in very laggy regions - I'm thinking of moving back to a Traditional home, but I'm also very keen on the timber framed houses they displayed recently).

I went for a little drive today on Heterocera, and despite the perception that the old continents are just graveyards full of prim builds from 2007, there are tons of GTFO hubs along the roads and railways, and sometimes there's a fair amount of traffic on the routes - yesterday after we'd smashed the truck we just stood around on the road to chat for a while, and had several people drive by in a fairly short time.

Having water access is probably even more lucrative, as sailing (and boating in general) is quite popular, both on Blake Sea and along the shores of the mainland continents - prices for land along the shore can be very pricey. 

37 minutes ago, Orwar said:

I went for a little drive today on Heterocera...

It’s cool that everything below Heterocera is connected now too. Maybe I should put more exploring on the list for 2021. I’m also not sure on whether to keep my Victorian home or see if one of the log homes becomes available when the stilt homes release. I kind of like the forest atmosphere and tall windows of one of the log homes a little bit better than the landscaping and suburban feeling of the Victorian neighborhoods. I like the new timber ones as well, sort of modeled on a fake American interpretation of Fachwerk, I gathered from...an American tourist town? No clue on when they will release so that doesn’t need to be decided at all. I could probably be in and decorate my log home before that release ever has.I could probably be in and decorate my log home before that release ever hits. 

4 minutes ago, Fauve Aeon said:

Maybe I should put more exploring on the list for 2021.

Do it! There's some really interesting stuff out there, and the sim crossings are much better these days - last road trip we did we made it from Heterocera to .. The continent just south of it, in a Schwimmwagen demo we borrowed at a store (German WWII amphibious car). Wasn't until I drove us into a ban line that snatched the car that we had to stop. Don't think anyone fell off once before then - 4 people in the vehicle! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Today I received Christmas presents from among others (more pics coming!) @Saskia Riekoand @BelindaN. From Belinda, a stunning fatpack of boots with a million options and a kazillion colours, and from Saskia, three different sets of sandal heels, also with a kazillion colours. Basically, I'm set for footwear for the year.

I also did some Christmas shopping, and naturally had to change outfits between each store, if only to show off my new heels and boots.

Oh, and I drank a lot of coffee today, to keep me going.

A LOT of coffee.

Xmas-Footwear-Blank.thumb.png.e983f6eb914ea42bcbedd5a688d96596.png

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Haha 9

On 12/15/2020 at 6:21 AM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Moi, looking très sophistiqué et séduisant at the Bar of The Mercury Room Lounge and Jazz Club.

And wearing my beautiful new dress from @TatianaNikolayYAY TATI!!!

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Cerveza Island/89/216/652

(The Mercury Room has the best jazz on Sunday nights, DJed by an old jazz session musician. Eclectic and interesting and often out-of-the-way tunes from the 20s to 50s. HIGHLY recommended!)

The-Mercury-Room-Bar-Blank.thumb.png.e5d0b65c9095a2ab3fff5d0b4d98d1aa.png

so gorgeous and it fit perfect to you

• Thanks 1

Treated myself to a new car today, and went on new adventures. Ish. 

Whilst I had tested the car quite extensively at the shop, I wasn't sure how it was going to handle sim crossings 'in the wild', but it turned out to work out rather nicely. There was however a minor incident when I went ahead to try driving in Mouselook (unlike my other vehicles which all still steer with the keyboard in mouselook, this one is made to actually steer and accelerate with the mouse) - as I approached a rather tight corner, I decided to do a nice little drift-turn, which would be Shift + D; unfortunately I had forgotten I had a pistol on my belt, with its gestures active, where Shift + D = 'Draw', so instead of turning, I suddenly had a gun in my hand, and as I veered the mouse and hit the mouse button, I accidentally put 3 bullets into some poor sod's garage. Whoopsie - an accidental drive-by!

I decided to stick to third person view (and made sure to deactivate the gestures) before continuing, deciding to go north along route 4 as I've gone the other way a fair bit recently. Everything was pretty much smooth sailing, and I made it all the way around along routes 3, 2, and 1, before reaching Calleta, where I parked for a bit to stretch my legs and have a looksee before continuing. 

On the way back I discovered that my car did not enjoy the way the atoll bridge (not sure if it has a proper name) goes up and down like a heart rate monitor of a rodent (a mole, possibly?), it got stuck a few times - I'll have to see if I can tinker a bit with the script to make the ride smoother (I think the gravity is fairly high at the moment). Once on dry land, getting back to my starting point through route 5 was easy business. 

The absolutely best part about it all though, was the sound. She purrs that way only an old gas-guzzling muscle-car do, and on low speeds there's even some tyre on asphalt action going on - and when you put the petal down, she roars like a beastie. 

And, of course, she's pretty. And there's cruise control, which is one feature I sorely miss in my other 'fun-car'. Going a few blocks around the house for fun works, but if you're going around a continent, holding down W gets tiring!

Snapshot-072.png

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Treated myself to a new car today, and went on new adventures. Ish. 

Whilst I had tested the car quite extensively at the shop, I wasn't sure how it was going to handle sim crossings 'in the wild', but it turned out to work out rather nicely. There was however a minor incident when I went ahead to try driving in Mouselook (unlike my other vehicles which all still steer with the keyboard in mouselook, this one is made to actually steer and accelerate with the mouse) - as I approached a rather tight corner, I decided to do a nice little drift-turn, which would be Shift + D; unfortunately I had forgotten I had a pistol on my belt, with its gestures active, where Shift + D = 'Draw', so instead of turning, I suddenly had a gun in my hand, and as I veered the mouse and hit the mouse button, I accidentally put 3 bullets into some poor sod's garage. Whoopsie - an accidental drive-by!

I decided to stick to third person view (and made sure to deactivate the gestures) before continuing, deciding to go north along route 4 as I've gone the other way a fair bit recently. Everything was pretty much smooth sailing, and I made it all the way around along routes 3, 2, and 1, before reaching Calleta, where I parked for a bit to stretch my legs and have a looksee before continuing. 

On the way back I discovered that my car did not enjoy the way the atoll bridge (not sure if it has a proper name) goes up and down like a heart rate monitor of a rodent (a mole, possibly?), it got stuck a few times - I'll have to see if I can tinker a bit with the script to make the ride smoother (I think the gravity is fairly high at the moment). Once on dry land, getting back to my starting point through route 5 was easy business. 

The absolutely best part about it all though, was the sound. She purrs that way only an old gas-guzzling muscle-car do, and on low speeds there's even some tyre on asphalt action going on - and when you put the petal down, she roars like a beastie. 

And, of course, she's pretty. And there's cruise control, which is one feature I sorely miss in my other 'fun-car'. Going a few blocks around the house for fun works, but if you're going around a continent, holding down W gets tiring!

Snapshot-072.png

Almost looks looks like a late 60s Buick Riviera.

2c79461879c15b036feb679efedaf53d--antique-cars-vintage-cars.jpg

• Like 4