How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

Animare is nice, but a little bit clunky. I never got Anypose as, well, I had Animare, I got a sponsorship by a pose creator who gave me a whole lot of poses to play with, I've got several friends who make poses, and now I've got Quavimator to make my own poses - though I would still recommend anyone who's into photography to check out Happy Dispatch and their animation HUDs (even if I'm not sponsored by them!). 

They've got two HUDs, one for bodies and one for faces. The face pose HUD lets you move your eyes at a much more modifiable angle than any animation HUDs that have come with any of the heads I've got, and you get a bunch of animations for your eyes and your mouth, which can be adjusted for how 'intense' you want them to be - a smile animation can make you look like a deranged Joker or as Mona Lisa depending on how you set it, and the same goes for your eyes/eyebrows animations. The body HUD lets you store poses from the store, and use the arm positions of any of the pose packs you've got, or the standard ones that come with the HUD, which means that you can basically pick any pose you want and then just do a flip-off pose for your arm or a wave - again, with a meter for how 'intensely' you want to wave, making it very easy to align say a hand to a hip. Even if I make a pose myself, I often end up using at least the face HUD to finalise my expression when I've framed the shot.

Thanks for this!

For facial expressions, I'm pretty much sold on Lelutka's Axis Hud, but that is two and a half times the price of the Happy Dispatch one. The Happy Dispatch body HUD looks nice though, and very affordable, so I think I'll give that a shot. And I'm tempted to try Animare, if only to compare it to the (also much pricier) AnyPose.

Years ago I tried a stand-alone animation program that started with a "Q" -- maybe it was QAvimator? Dunno. I didn't stick with it very long, as animations weren't a priority for me in those days. I should definitely give this a shot, though, now.

• Like 4

I am sort of back to my normal self/look, after playing around with superhero outfits etc for the last month!  ... whew, it took a lot to reacquaint myself with my wardrobe/inventory! I got exhausted just trying everything on...  I just gave up and just threw on a black suit...

SARA black bgr.jpg

Edited by Saravendi
  • Like 28

Have you ever had one of those evenings when you decide to take a picture you've been wanting to take for a while but haven't really thought through very carefully so you don't really know what you're trying to do, and you've been drinking wine since, oh I don't know, about 8 pm and probably shouldn't be allowed to dress yourself, yet alone take and publicly post a picture, and on top of which your computer is acting up and you crash after taking two pics and can't be bothered setting it all up from scratch again so you decide to post it anyway even though you know it's not good and you'll hate yourself in the morning?

Yeah. Me too.

Shuffle-Blank.png

• Like 28