How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

7 hours ago, Amanda Dallin said:

I know how you feel.. My partner talked me into black hair recently but I'm already going back to red.  I've been a red head in SL since I first logged in Nov. 2006.  I feel strange with any other hair color.  I feel more comfortable changing in RL than SL.

I was blonde (or maybe brunette, I cannot remember lol) for about a week when I first started SL with Charlotte. I went red and never looked back, other than for photos, and that doesn't really count, hehe. 

I completely agree about changing looks in RL vs SL. It's kinda bizarre lol.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

Hair hunt for Akeruka head continues.

Worn in the snapshot:
Head: [AK Advanced] - Bento Head V2.7 #Limited Edition
Hair: /TRUTH/ Kitten / Unrigged

After adjusting the location of the unrigged hair, it's a perfect fit. Yay! 🙂 ❤️

But there is also rigged version of this hair, no luck with that one, it covers the top part of the ears! 😕  After adjusting the location of the unrigged hair so that it looks good I made coparison with the two versions. I noticed the following:
• The rigged hair sits lower on the head than the perfectly adjusted unrigged hair
• The rigged hair sits more forward on the head than the perfectly adjusted unrigged hair

This is the problem with all the multiple rigged hairs what I have tried from different stores on Akeruka head. The rigged hairs sit too low and too much forward on the head. The result is that the top part of the ears get covered. So for perfect fit Akeruka head would need hairs specifically rigged for it. Anyway, short unrigged hairs work well and can be adjusted for perfect fit. But long hairs need to be rigged ones. :ph34r: So far I have not found any hair store which would state: "These hairs are rigged for Akeruka heads"🤷‍♀️

2020-05-04_AK-head_Unrigged-hair.thumb.jpg.d1f33e9e96af1eee8e44bf043587087c.jpg

You look good...

I keep wondering why those making rigged hair aren't rigging for the various bodies and heads. I know it is work, but you can't be the only one that has run into the problem.

While I don't have ear problems I do have head poke through with some hair. My GA.EG Jennifer head and Stealthic have issues. I made a new shape just for Stealthic hair. And I have lots of annoying breast and hair problems. The hair is passing through my breasts or floating out in front of them. 🙄

Some do make large, medium, and small hair to fit various breast sizes. But, if I wear my dancing physics I look ridiculous as I bounce through my hair. They obviously did not rig to the bones skin makers do.

And I did notice, now that you have mentioned it, some of my hair does oddly cover/pass through my ears. With some hair I think it looks OK. This Dura hair is an example.

image.png.2191edc565572d3265db3d24f4183f68.png

The Firestorm 'Freeze Frame' seams to turn off the Anti-Aliasing... 😕

• Like 12

When I first ran across Bueno's Ajuma jacket, I liked it so much that I bought it, despite the fact that it's only rigged for three bodies I didn't yet own. It's lovely, now, to be able to wear it without problems.

Credits below!

Model-7-Blank.thumb.png.d7d8e1b6de137dadd3b5225781440824.png

Bueno - Ajuma Jacket
*LBD* - White Tank (Tintable)
Erratic - Satin Scarf (Baroque Black)
*BSASSY* - Shell Jeans Black
[LeiMotiv] - Pyra Classic Boots

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 22
  • Haha 1

I am posting the new free Catwa head here too, since it is maybe no one who see it in another thread. To avoid making a huge post, I set credits behind spoiler.

Kauna - Monk Strap Shoes: Alpha Layer
Kauna - Alpha Layer: Trousers
Kauna - Alpha Layer: Casual Blazer Jacket Only
Greg - Shoes  Alpha
+ Kamiri + Hand Nails  Skin Fixer (you can modify color) I recommend these since they are only for the fingertip. Many female BoM fixes cover too much, and it looks strange on male fingers and hands.
+FATHER+ Contour - Tintable 50% - brown
CHEERNO HBASE Brunette5
.Chicago Ink. - Beard
- Face Bento -Blink Only- AO (add!)
ALANTORI - Michael Hair
CATWA HEAD Freya [Teeth A] v4.5
Kauna - 2BN Casual Blazer: Tweed Brown (M-TMP)
Kauna - 2BN Casual Shirt: Olive [OU] (M-TMP)
Kauna - 2BN Handkerchief: Olive [OPEN] (M)
Kauna - 2BN Trousers: Tweed Brown (M)
Kauna - Beard: Shape A2 (Catwa Stanley) v1.2
Kauna - Monk Strap Shoes (Standard)
Kauna - Moustache: English (Catwa Stanley) v1.2
Kauna - Pipe: Dublin (Gacha)
Male Party Sunglasses (Library)
Tuty DAILY sLIFE Free BENTO Male AO -Priority 4
[BODY] Classic (m) (1.2)
CATWA Shape BOY Freya [Start your shape with me]
7 Deadly s{K}ins - BJORN no HB
Altamura: 1- "MAX" Eyebrows Shape
Greg - Eyes

The pipe cost 70 L. The rest is freebies and dollarbies. The whole Kauna shop is free, only the pipe gacha is not free.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Time Portal/242/130/1930

Kauna collage.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1