How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

4 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

I love the looks of this Akeruka limited edition advanced free head. It's really amazingly pretty realistic looking head.

The only problem I have found is that most rigged hairs what I have tried don't fit well. They go through the top part of the ears which looks bad. So far the only hairs that work are the ones which cover the ears totally so that they cannot be seen. Like this flexi hair does.

This rigged hair issue appears to be present with all Akeruka heads. I wonder does anybody make nice rigged hairs which would work well with Akeruka heads?

So... you are saying you have BIG ears?   😘

I have a GA.EG head and ears. I also a have quite a few mesh hair do's. I don't run into that problem.

4 hours ago, panterapolnocy said:

Today is Sunday, so instead of the hectic stuff I do all week - I'm just chilling in a remote place, in sunglasses with +20 to coolness, coffee mug with never-ending coffee supply thanks to wonders of Second Life and small, yellow, floating Renamon who was curious about the camera and poked the lens with nose several times. Seems like not much of a change from my usual outfit, yet since I rarely /almost never/ wear sunglasses, I count this as totally different appearance.

Thanks for all the Third-Party Dev UG meeting videos.

23 minutes ago, Gluehwuermchen Tornado said:

I wish everybody a wonderful spring sunday 🌼

Manu May2020_3.png

This is a lovely picture. Thanks.

Edited by Nalates Urriah
added URL
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

So... you are saying you have BIG ears?   😘

I have a GA.EG head and ears. I also a have quite a few mesh hair do's. I don't run into that problem.

No, just normal size ears. Anyway, what ever size the ears are the issue is still there - the rigged hairs cut through the upper parts of the ears. Even adjusting the head shape does not help (actually there was one hair where I was able to get rid of the issue - that hair did not respond to one head skider, all other hairs just followed the slider value). It seems that the rigged hairs sit too low on the head, thus the hairs cut through the upper parts of the ears.

All the rigged hairs what I have work perfectly on Genus head (Classic Face and Baby Face), but they just don't work with AK head. So AK head must use quite different rigging than Genus head as the same hairs don't work on AK head. The only solution might be if some creator actually made rigged hair specifically for AK head. It's kind of weird that this issue exists in AK heads, it's so glaringly obvious and easy to see. It's a pity because the AK heads are really pretty heads.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

All the rigged hairs what I have work perfectly on Genus head (Classic Face and Baby Face), but they just don't work with AK head. So AK head must use quite different rigging than Genus head as the same hairs don't work on AK head. The only solution might be if some creator actually made rigged hair specifically for AK head. It's kind of weird that this issue exists in AK heads, it's so glaringly obvious and easy to see. It's a pity because the AK heads are really pretty heads.

Here are comparison snapshots - same hair on Genus head and Akeruka head. Any tweaking of Akeruka head shape will not make the hair clipping through the ear go away. Same thing happens with any other rigged hairs what I have tried so far. So I wonder are there any similar type rigged hairs which would work with Akeruka head properly?

2020-05-03-Akeruka-Head_Rigged-hair-problem.jpg.3c220c612c0e8ad217dd44d9ed5997fa.jpg

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Two of my favorite stores released business suits this week.  I had to get them both!

20200503_001.thumb.jpg.f76cce02c169043b8e42991a13e836e2.jpg  20200503_003.thumb.jpg.00f4af85d1be3aeea901fd3aca15a10e.jpg

I like pin stripes ....

Both are great, but I really love the undershirt on the first one. Where is it from?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

Both are great, but I really love the undershirt on the first one. Where is it from?

That shirt is actually a system shirt from Zaara. 
Zaara : Isis shirt *white*

5 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

So spill the beans?

Suit #1 is "erratic / wexler - suit / grey pinstripe (maitreya)" worn with the above mentioned shirt for modesty's sake :)
It comes with buttoned and unbuttoned jacket plus arms that can be worn pushed up or down independently on a HUD.

Suit #2 on the right is "Blueberry - In Control - Collection - Mega Pack."  It can be bought in pieces and has a skirt as well as the pants I am wearing.  The top also has a lace version but I find that it takes away from the business look.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

Here are comparison snapshots - same hair on Genus head and Akeruka head. Any tweaking of Akeruka head shape will not make the hair clipping through the ear go away. Same thing happens with any other rigged hairs what I have tried so far. So I wonder are there any similar type rigged hairs which would work with Akeruka head properly?

2020-05-03-Akeruka-Head_Rigged-hair-problem.jpg.3c220c612c0e8ad217dd44d9ed5997fa.jpg

I believe you're looking at a design issue, not a flaw but an aesthetic where that hair was made for a different model.  There are a lot of hairs out there of similar style, the trick is to go through each one to find a perfect fit.  Best wishes on that endeavor.

Another possibility is that it is a design flaw, and that's why it's on sale.  I think it's a pretty mesh head.  I went to AK to get that head, but I only had L49 and couldn't afford to join the group.  Sigh.