Jump to content
Nostoll

How does your avatar look today ?

Recommended Posts

[Moderator Edit: Image with profanity removed]

 

Edited by Dakota Linden
[Moderator Edit: Image with profanity removed]
  • Like 24

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2020 at 12:48 AM, Orwar said:

So I'm going to go ahead and post this picture so that I can get a higher 'forum score'!

Oh, so you got one of those ridiculous messages, too? About how the only reason EVERYONE posts is to get likes? (To get a higher forum score.) And here I thought I posted for other reasons, but I was told, in multiple messages by the same nutjob person that it is ALL about the likes and to say anything else was to be lying. Hey, what do I know, right?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2020 at 12:05 PM, Tamanni said:

I had a feeling that I wouldn't stay human for long. After toying for a while with the idea of being a vampire, and rejecting it, I'm now a wolf.

200216_002.jpg.e078fe8ca2386a1694f34d619a3047f9.jpg

And a darn purty one too.

I know I'm late, but ONE OF US, ONE OF US!

 

No srsly, there's another 3-5 layers of extra variety with furry avatars, extra uniqueness

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

but I was told, in multiple messages by the same nutjob person that it is ALL about the likes

I didn't get any of those messages.  I guess I'm not posting enough.  I need all the Likes!

Then again, maybe I have them blocked already ...

Oh well.  Doesn't matter.  MOAR LIKZ!

20200218_001.thumb.jpg.d0929205e67b53d06c8a2e169c18d8e5.jpg

  • Like 31

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rhonda Huntress said:

I didn't get any of those messages.  I guess I'm not posting enough.  I need all the Likes!

Then again, maybe I have them blocked already ...

Oh well.  Doesn't matter.  MOAR LIKZ!

20200218_001.thumb.jpg.d0929205e67b53d06c8a2e169c18d8e5.jpg

Not sure if you could tell that my like was selected in the "ironic" mode. :)

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I come on here to look at the photos and really am impressed at the skills that a lot of posters have. I was just wondering why every now and again there seems to be a need for putting other people down or name calling. I cant for the life of me understand how people can be like that about someone they do not know except through a computer screen its madness.

In the light of the tragic death of Caroline Flack would it not be better if that sort of thing didn't happen? 

In a world where you can be anything we should all try to be kind to one another, its all very sad.

 

  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Michalya said:

I come on here to look at the photos and really am impressed at the skills that a lot of posters have. I was just wondering why every now and again there seems to be a need for putting other people down or name calling. I cant for the life of me understand how people can be like that about someone they do not know except through a computer screen its madness.

In the light of the tragic death of Caroline Flack would it not be better if that sort of thing didn't happen? 

In a world where you can be anything we should all try to be kind to one another, its all very sad.

 

Forums are a bit like public squares, and it tends to be a varied bunch that congregate in such places. Inevitably, there will be frictions and disputes, personality conflicts, and even the occasional slightly odd person declaiming loudly to themselves on the corner, ostentatiously ignored by everyone else.

On the whole, though, I don't see much of that happening here, on this subforum ("Your Avatar"), and most especially in this thread. For the most part, we're a very tight-knit, but also a very welcoming community, I think: I haven't really noticed very much bickering or name calling here. And on occasions where there have been frictions, they tend to be resolved peacefully.

I'm sorry to hear that you have witnessed what you call name calling and put-downs. Maybe I'm just so used to be here that I don't see that when it happens? In any case, I think that if you begin to participate here (we'd genuinely love to see some of your pics!), you'll find that it really is a great community, populated by really nice, and very welcoming people. It may "feel" different from the inside than it sometimes, perhaps, looks from outside.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I'm sorry to hear that you have witnessed what you call name calling and put-downs. Maybe I'm just so used to be here that I don't see that when it happens? 

I have seen it too, lately from just one person here. Though I have that person blocked now so I don't see it any more and if they sent me a message I wouldn't have received it.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

I have seen it too, lately from just one person here. Though I have that person blocked now so I don't see it any more and if they sent me a message I wouldn't have received it.

Well, as I said, odd people yelling on street corners. Every neighborhood has one.

That's very much the aberration though: it in no way defines or is characteristic of what we have here.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2020 at 12:48 AM, Orwar said:

... So I'm going to go ahead and post this picture so that I can get a higher 'forum score'!

*points to you*
You get a forum point!

*points to next person*
You get a forum point!

Everybody gets a forum point!

</ Oprah Winfrey >

 

(Except those who know who they are.)

  • Like 2
  • Haha 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gregorian Chant said:

*points to you*
You get a forum point!

*points to next person*
You get a forum point!

Everybody gets a forum point!

</ Oprah Winfrey >

 

(Except those who know who they are.)

Luv me some settlements Forum Points.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm new in this forum and I found so many kind people that I'm really happy to be here but sometimes someone can hurt people without notice and without intention. 
For example for me not being a  native english speaking means do a lot of unintentional mistakes when I write something, I'm quite sure to have done it and I apologize for this...
(I think that someone know what I'm talking about)

an other example, few post above I writed that I was jelous of Conall but was a joke, but I'm not sure that was clear enough.
 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, manoji Yachvili said:

I'm new in this forum and I found so many kind people that I'm really happy to be here but sometimes someone can hurt people without notice and without intention. 
For example for me not being a  native english speaking means do a lot of unintentional mistakes when I write something, I'm quite sure to have done it and I apologize for this...
(I think that someone know what I'm talking about)

an other example, few post above I writed that I was jelous of Conall but was a joke, but I'm not sure that was clear enough.
 

Of what I can see in the past few pages, yo do not seem to be the one at fault.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 2.43.28 AM.png
So, this is me today... finally connecting the BoM dots. I can see how the potential layers can make a huge difference. My problem is that one of my tattoos developer/store is gone and I don’t think there is a system layer for it.... ugh.

Edited by Saravendi
  • Like 31

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...