How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

Gabby Morland

• Nationality: Canadian. (Born in Brampton Ontario)
  • Education: 4th Year Communications and Media Studies major; minor in Art History
  • Sexuality: Once kissed a girl and thought she liked it. Identifies as bi, but has never made out with anyone who wasn't male. Give her time, maybe? Or not. Whatevs.
  • Relationship Status: Recently broke up with boyfriend of two years. Now thinks relationships are overrated
  • Political Views: Woke
  • Favourite Activities: Dancing, listening to music. Other stuff.
  • Favourite Social Media Platforms: Instagram and WhatsApp. Twitter blows. Facebook is for mostly dead people, but she posts pics there sometimes for grandma. Just the safe ones.
  • Favourite Web Sites: Vox. Vine is way better than TikTok, but young kids today are too impatient to handle long form content, right?
  • Favourite Game: Undertail. She is unsparingly scathing about people who chose the "genocide" route. How dare you, really?
  • Favourite Music: Used to be heavily into Beyonce, but now suspects she may have sold out. Current faves are Billy Eilish, Bibi Bourelly, Lizzo, and Lana Del Rey. Taylor Swift is much too blonde. Katy Perry is overrated (except for one song). Kanye West is a jerk, but brilliant. Kendrick Lamar is cool but hard, and who has time for that?
  • Response to Recent Passing of Canadian Rock Icon Neil Peart: "Who?"
  • Favourite Shows: Orange Is the New Black. RuPaul's Drag Race. Samantha Bee. John Oliver. Stephen Colbert and Seth Meyers are funny sometimes, but really for mostly dead people
  • Favourite Books: Harry Potter, which series she read in its entirety three times in high school. American Gods. The Handmaid's Tale. Well, the TV series. She's heard it's very close to the book. Or books? There's a new one, right?
  • Most Recent Reading: Harry Potter. American Gods
  • Goals and Ambitions: Wants to become an Influencer, but hasn't decided who or what she wants to influence yet. Secondary Goal: manage social media for a company if Influencer thing doesn't pan out. She's really good at Instagram.
  • Favourite Expression: Currently "Ok Boomer," which she thinks is absolutely hilarious, but which she tends to apply to anyone over the age of 35.
  • Favourite Virtual World: Thinks VWs are for mostly dead people
  • Personality: Gregarious, cheerful, smart, but not always as self-aware as she might be. Gets along better with boys than with girls. Very self confident in her sexuality, and not afraid to leverage it, or enjoy it. Quite a bit of fun, really.

You'd like her.

Gabby-Yorkshire-Blank.thumb.png.cbbe8fe10aaef7092309e44f68d8ec3d.png

• Like 22
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Response to Recent Passing of Canadian Rock Icon Neil Peart: "Who?"

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

You'd like her.

I'm not sure those two things go together for me.  Though I'm sure she wouldn't care what I thought as I probably fall into that 'dead person' category - she's younger than my daughters, but older than my granddaughter.

We were only able to see Rush live one time, and it was when they were touring after putting out the album of covers of songs that had influenced them - I'm thinking 2004 or 2005.  I'm glad that I was able to see them at least once.

ETA:  wonderful character outline though!

2 hours ago, Eva Knoller said:

or even Okay Gen Oregon Trail.

My daughters played Oregon Trail all the time back in the day.  We still talk about that game from time to time when we're reminiscing.

Edited by moirakathleen
left something out
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1