Farewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 271 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Here's a silver lining: Back in the days when I stopped being a lab rat* and actually did my outdoor job for a while my eyesight dramatically improved within a year. Hoping that works for you as well.

*no, not this Lab, a real one, the kind with stuff that can go boom

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Good Bye for now Lindal.  Please take care of yourself as I think you are doing by cutting SL and the forum off for the time being.  As probably the oldest in RL active member in this forum, I am having the same thoughts, although I hope to ease out by cutting my sitting in front of the computer time down to 1/3 of what I have been doing for the last 30 years.  My legs, eyes and heart will thank me, I hope.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:
33 minutes ago, belindacarson said:

still won't be removing from my block lists inworld and the forum.

I bet she's REALLY gutted about that xD

..when your enemy says they're not going to miss you..LOL!!

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Fionalein said:

Back in the days when I stopped being a lab rat* and actually did my outdoor job for a while my eyesight dramatically improved within a year.

Thank you, Fiona! I will definitely try to view distant things a lot more.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Lindal, we'll miss you on the forum and I'm sure you'll be very much missed in Caledon Oxbridge too. But I wish you the best and hope your health improves with a bit of sunshine and exercise. :D  Please take good care of yourself.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Sadly -- or perhaps gladly -- Real Life comes first. Until Real Death puts an end even to Second Life.  So it's good not to have regrets in that regard. 

You had one kind of SL when for years, you went around with Carl toiling away at NCI, and he overshadowed you; then he seemed to leave SL and then you had another kind of SL, when you came into your own and helped many people and became quite the snark on the forums, and who knows, perhaps there is a third kind of SL, free from things like inventories and annoyances. Perhaps it's good to hold that out as an ideal potential and not a disappointing actual. Fair winds and following seas!

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

not knowing you personally i can't begin to imagine the motivation behind anyone accumulating a history of 20,799 posts (at least as recorded in this iteration of the forums since 2009). while i might not require the advise your 770 pages of posts deliver (i'm pretty ancient too) i'm absolutely certain your helpful content is frequently accessed by the less fortunately experienced of us.

so, in effect, you're leaving a lot of your self behind to guide the hapless fools willingly catching themselves up in the imaginary web that is SL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

There used to be a thing in human societies about respecting the wisdom of the old, it's almost gone from RL now.  Not suggesting that you are particularly old, but you have certainly been here as a source of wisdom all the time I have been (second) alive.

Peace and Love.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The legacy of your good natured charm and helpful advice will live on in the forums history. You have made a positive difference for all the people informed by them whether direct or indirect recipients. I for one am grateful.

My best wishes for your future.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I am so sad to hear about your health.😢 But I am glad that you don't delete your account, maybe you return later?

I feel my age in SL... I often think how much more fun it was before. Threads like show off your vintage stuff makes me first happy, then sad. It was so much more easy then, and I do not mean that technical stuff was easy, everything was easier. And more joyful.

I spend less and less time in SL, but I pop in at least once a week to pay rent on a place I barely spend time in.

I wish you all the best. ❤️

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Oh, Lindal...

I had no idea.  Thank you for saying goodbye.

More importantly, thank you so very much for everything you've done and all the lives you've touched.

Your inspirational light shines forever bright, like a resonating and priceless jewel within our hearts.

...And irrefutably, because anything else I'd want to say has pretty much already been said here.

Be well and safe paths 💜

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 271 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.