2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Ah. The "Covid 15."

A little noticed, but remarkably common side effect of the disease . . . sort of.

A side effect of avoiding Covid by abandoning the gym and hiding out at home with lots of time to cook/study takeout menus. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Oh, me too!

Covid: the gift that keeps on giving!

I know I shouldn't laugh at that, but I just couldn't resist.

It is funny, in a way............ but then again, NOT.

@Pamela Galli - BTW, nice seeing you posting in the forums again.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 7

19 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

BACK TO THE TOPIC OF PEEVES:

I have to go buy a new coat, because my old one no longer fits.................... because COVID.

It is a good thing that I don't have to go to the office these days, because most of my office clothing doesn't fit either.

*sigh*

I would have thought this was a peeve. A pretty big peeve at that. 

20 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

It all boils down to [some] humans lacking empathy and compassion.

3 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I would have thought this was a peeve. A pretty big peeve at that. 

My comment was more in reference to the multiple posts above yours that were simply debating/discussing things about someone else's peeve.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

When you meet someone and they introduce you to their alt after like 10 minutes. Like "Hey do you like sailing?" "Sure I love getting out on the water." "OK one sec lemme get my alt he owns all my boats". This is up there with saying "I"m not really interested I'm looking for X." "Well hold on! I got X right here babe, let me find a phone booth." I'm not even a stickler for immersion but when I meet someone at a club that's who I want to interact with, for better or worse.

Edited by missyrideout
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ashley Darkheart said:

I am not just sure I have covid, I am covid positive

luckily I just got my booster, so just a scratchy throat

I would say that if you tested positive for COVID then you have it and hopefully are taking every precaution to quarantine yourself from others.

• Like 1

Big pet peeve for the day: When I'm at my favorite park in sl with my daughters minding my own business and having a random person first send me a texture I'm nervous to even accept let alone open. I sent it to the trash bin without even opening it. Right after I get a DM from the person who sent this texture telling me they had taken a photo of my daughters and I, and now owed them 1000L for the sent photo because they are a professional photographer. 🤣

If I want photos, I'll take them. I may not be a "professional photographer", but at least all I have to pay for is the upload fee and get an actual photo I want. Or I'll go to a trusted sl photographer who will set up an actual photo shoot.

I've never had this happen before and I really didn't know how to respond besides replying with an "lol".

Edited by Dafadilia Wayfarer
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

Big pet peeve for the day: When I'm at my favorite park in sl with my daughters minding my own business and having a random person first send me a texture I'm a nervous to even accept let alone open. I sent it to the trash bin without even opening it. Right after I get a DM from the person who sent this texture telling me they had taken a photo of my daughters and I, and now owed them 1000L for the sent photo because they are a professional photographer. 🤣

If I want photos, I'll take them. I may not be a "professional photographer", but at least all I have to pay for is the upload fee and get an actual photo I want. Or I'll go to a trusted sl photographer who will set up an actual photo shoot.

I've never had this happen before and I really didn't know how to respond besides replying with an "lol".

"LOL" sounds like pretty much exactly the right response.

Unfortunately, if he does this to a noob, he may hit on someone gullible enough to pay him. I suspect this isn't something one can AR, but I wish it were.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

Big pet peeve for the day: When I'm at my favorite park in sl with my daughters minding my own business and having a random person first send me a texture I'm a nervous to even accept let alone open. I sent it to the trash bin without even opening it. Right after I get a DM from the person who sent this texture telling me they had taken a photo of my daughters and I, and now owed them 1000L for the sent photo because they are a professional photographer. 🤣

That's hilarious lmao. You never asked for the photo, he voluntarily took it AND sent it to you, therefore it was a gift and you owe him nothing. 😆 That's so weird though, he could have at least IM'd you first before just sending you things and demanding money lmao.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

Lol is the correct response 👍🏻

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

I would say that if you tested positive for COVID then you have it and hopefully are taking every precaution to quarantine yourself from others.

Me and my man was exposed to Covid a couple times --- once from a doctor's office and another not sure where. I had no symptoms and my man felt like he had a bad cold. I think it's in one DNA if they get it full blown or skate by it.

One of my cousins who live in a rural area and hadn't gone to town got it.  She thinks she got it when a neighbour in the house 40 metres away had a big party and was windy going in her direction. Possible the Covid hitched a ride.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

"LOL" sounds like pretty much exactly the right response.

Unfortunately, if he does this to a noob, he may hit on someone gullible enough to pay him. I suspect this isn't something one can AR, but I wish it were.

The Lindens keep telling us when in doubt AR IT AND LET LL SORT IT OUT.

Let me make that perfectly clear.

When in doubt AR IT AND LET LL SORT IT OUT.

get-it-got-it-good.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

The Lindens keep telling us when in doubt AR IT AND LET LL SORT IT OUT.

Let me make that perfectly clear.

get-it-got-it-good.gif

I'm sure a lot of the AR's get a good laugh and then they are trashed.

Someone AR'd me the other day because I...wait for it....IM'd them.

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

I'm sure a lot of the AR's get a good laugh and then they are trashed.

Someone AR'd me the other day because I...wait for it....IM'd them.

How dare you!!  I swear, some people are just bug effin nuts.  That they actually told you they ARed you for IMing?  I don't use LOL or ROFLMAO but I'd have made an exception in this case.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

Big pet peeve for the day: When I'm at my favorite park in sl with my daughters minding my own business and having a random person first send me a texture I'm nervous to even accept let alone open. I sent it to the trash bin without even opening it. Right after I get a DM from the person who sent this texture telling me they had taken a photo of my daughters and I, and now owed them 1000L for the sent photo because they are a professional photographer. 🤣

Send him a request for L2,500 for using your likeness without your permission. And remind him that each IM message he sends will be read for a fee of L100, and that by responding he accepts those terms.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

How dare you!!  I swear, some people are just bug effin nuts.  That they actually told you they ARed you for IMing?  I don't use LOL or ROFLMAO but I'd have made an exception in this case.

No, they said I don't appreciate you IMing me  and then sent me the link to the AR, which of course I couldn't see. LOL

I might add we are in the same group chat and if she blocked me she can't see my chat. ;) So of course she didn't block me.  I might IM her again to say Hi!

Edited by Sam1 Bellisserian
  • Haha 1