Men who IM you and say your profile is nice but you have too much info in it.  Scratching my head wondering why someone would think that I would care what a total stranger thinks about my profile....enough to actually IM me about it.

Edited by Sam1 Bellisserian
  • Like 5

Him, looking like an unmade bed with a pinhead...."voicer?"

Me "No, sorry"

Crickets.  But then later in local..."How can any of you have sex without voicing?"

Then he gets both barrels from the collective, which was quite funny.

• Like 3

Peeve: when you accidentally click someone's name on the forums and get thrown to their profile page, along with a check-in on their visitors list. 

• Like 10

46 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Peeve: when you accidentally click someone's name on the forums and get thrown to their profile page, along with a check-in on their visitors list. 

Happens to me all the time if I'm using my tablet.  No, I'm not checking your profile.  I have, at times, used it to look at post history which can be entertaining.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2021 at 5:09 PM, Rowan Amore said:

Then they claim everyone must be a bot and leave.  Oh well.  If it's a real busy place, local chat can be hard for a.lot of people to keep track of.  I've always been more of an IM person from the beginning.  Some people just don't like the social anxiety that they feel from local chat.  But yeah, always that one person coming in to state the obvious.

As a former club host, listening to the local chat was a nightmare for me. What they choose to discuss: pizza, the weather in West Deepstep, Georgia, pizza, sushi, shoes, why I never updated my avatar to mesh, why I hate Second Life, why I hate this club, pizza. Some nights I wanted to kill myself and take them all down with me. Luckily I don't host anymore and feel no obligation to chat in local. 

38 minutes ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

This Video:

Daniel from SL is hilarious. I love his videos. It is unfortunate however that the video demonstrated is literally a majority of the videos on youtube that are secondlife related and this is the perception most people who have never played SL have of it.

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

/me checks to see when the next Misanthropist Anonymous meeting is...

Thursday at noon. It was the time we found where the least amount of people were available. 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

Thursday at noon. It was the time we found where the least amount of people were available. 

Thank you. Won't be seeing you there!

/me mumbles something about suddenly remembering why all the Thursdays have been marked with a big X on the calendar.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Logging in and seeing this in my Forum Notifications:

image.png.e08dfff8d8c0d1e1bb8bb33bd75c66bb.png

Meaning the mods moved a spam thread out - and it happened before I could be entertained by it.

I hate that especially when I already posted in it and get a ping that someone quoted me >.<

My biggest SL petpeeve: When someone mentions Linden Love I don't even know why but it triggers me every.time.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, So Whimsy said:

My biggest SL petpeeve: When someone mentions Linden Love I don't even know why but it triggers me every.time.

Possibly because the term was commandeered to mean Linden dollars rather than showing appreciation for the work the Lindens do, its original meaning.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Possibly because the term was commandeered to mean Linden dollars rather than showing appreciation for the work the Lindens do, its original meaning.

Yep, heard it said one too many times in clubs as a 'nice' way to tell people to stop being cheapskates and tip the strippers already. I actually stopped going to clubs, is this still a thing that's being said?

16 minutes ago, So Whimsy said:

Yep, heard it said one too many times in clubs as a 'nice' way to tell people to stop being cheapskates and tip the strippers already. I actually stopped going to clubs, is this still a thing that's being said?

Sadly it is...along with "Be sure to tip the venue so they can keep the lights on" I have stopped tipping venues unless someone comes up with an original line. If this is said at any time I refuse to tip. 

Also, I refuse to tip if the venue has multiple tip jars out. Is it really necessary to have 4 tip jars out on the dance floor? 

Edited by Sam1 Bellisserian
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, So Whimsy said:

I don't know. I stopped owning/operating/hosting clubs more than a decade ago. But from what I hear, it's still a thing. I'm also seeing more and more complaints about it so maybe clubs will wise up. I doubt it though.

1 hour ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Sadly it is...along with "Be sure to tip the venue so they can keep the lights on" I have stopped tipping venues unless someone comes up with an original line. If this is said at any time I refuse to tip. 

Also, I refuse to tip if the venue has multiple tip jars out. Is it really necessary to have 4 tip jars out on the dance floor? 

One club I went to long ago would name those in there that hadn't tipped yet - like having the DJ name them on mic. For giggles I pulled some names from this thread and used them in my example: "Please show some Linden Love to the club. So Kimmi, Patch, Silent, So, Strawberry hasn't shared their love yet. Tip please." I PMed the DJ saying that was uncool and moments later I got ejected.

When I owned my club I never asked people to tip.  If they found the tip jar and tipped that was fine by me. Then again I was a one-person owned club --- No hosts or managers or dancers, etc. The person that took it over works the same way.

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

One club I went to long ago would name those in there that hadn't tipped yet - like having the DJ name them on mic. For giggles I pulled some names from this thread and used them in my example: "Please show some Linden Love to the club. So Kimmi, Patch, Silent, So, Strawberry hasn't shared their love yet. Tip please." I PMed the DJ saying that was uncool and moments later I got ejected.

When I owned my club I never asked people to tip.  If they found the tip jar and tipped that was fine by me. Then again I was a one-person owned club --- No hosts or managers or dancers, etc. The person that took it over works the same way.

Wow! If I had ever experienced that it would be the last time I went to that club period.  I also do not like the tip jars where either they have the hovertext that shows the name of the person who tipped last and how much they tipped.  Same thing if they show it in chat.  No one needs to know what I tip but me and the person I'm tipping. If I see that I don't tip either.

• Like 1