53 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Looking at areas around the mid to lower portion of the Smokey Mountain range.  I don't want to live on either coast, want to get back to all the wonderful foliage and fall colors out east, and some place that still gets all four seasons, but doesn't have harsh winters.

I went to Ashville, NC last summer. It's a picturesque little city on the Tennessee side of NC. The drive there through the Smokies was amazing. I nearly ended up staying there.

Edited by Finite
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Looking at areas around the mid to lower portion of the Smokey Mountain range.  I don't want to live on either coast, want to get back to all the wonderful foliage and fall colors out east, and some place that still gets all four seasons, but doesn't have harsh winters.

Come on over to Ireland then! Here on the outskirts of the midlands we get all that (and a few hurricanes but we’re used to them) 🐴🍃

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Finite said:

I went to Ashville, NC last summer. It's a picturesque little city on the Tennessee side of NC. The drive there through the Smokies was amazing. I nearly ended up staying there.

We just got back from Asheville.  Found some fabulous spots down around Hendersonville and areas surrounding there.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Take a peek at the Townsend, TN area. If I ever move back east, that is where I'd like to move to. If I had the money, I'd make the owners of Pioneer Cabins an offer they couldn't refuse. lol 

18 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Moose Jaw is the place! Middle of nowhere but we have the front man of the classic Guess Who living in our town!

You know we lost Dusty?

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/pop-culture-news/zz-top-bassist-dusty-hill-dies-72-n1275329

😢

The band isn't breaking up though. It was what Dusty wanted.

Edit: And that is my peeve of the day. Getting old.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, So Whimsy said:

Apparently some of my posts were removed for personal attacks? I am stumped.

It could be whatever you replied to. If you quoted something that got removed it will remove your post too.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Finite said:

It could be whatever you replied to. If you quoted something that got removed it will remove your post too.

They can remove just the quoted part. But I understand why they aren't bothering as fast as the thread has been moving. No time to do much of anything for the mods but keep up.

4 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

They can remove just the quoted part. But I understand why they aren't bothering as fast as the thread has been moving. No time to do much of anything for the mods but keep up.

I think its automatic. Whatever is attached to original statement get deleted along with it. Otherwise the mod would have to go through and individually remove every quote. Then we'll have random statements with no context since they were replying to something that got deleted.

18 minutes ago, Finite said:

I think its automatic. Whatever is attached to original statement get deleted along with it. Otherwise the mod would have to go through and individually remove every quote. Then we'll have random statements with no context since they were replying to something that got deleted.

That is precisely the way it is done when a quote is removed from another's post. There is no other way to do it. That is why I said I understand WHY THEY ARE NOT REMOVING THE QUOTES. 

I'm so glad I don't have to deal with admining forums any more. Those who have never had to deal with it have no idea how stressful it really is.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Finite said:

I recently teased a friend in a post. She quoted my tease and replied with a grin. My post was removed, her quote of me remains.

9 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I'm so glad I don't have to deal with admining forums any more. Those who have never had to deal with it have no idea how stressful it really is.

Yep. Given LL's staffing, it's surprising they find the time to host the forums, much less moderate them.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Yep. Given LL's staffing, it's surprising they find the time to host the forums, much less moderate them.

I got curious and went back through the thread a bit. It would seem some didn't appreciate my attempts at getting people to laugh to relive the tension a bit. 

So...

Peeve of the day: Forget the ponies and the gachas. Comic relief is a thing of the past. *buh-dum-tish*

34 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I recently teased a friend in a post. She quoted my tease and replied with a grin. My post was removed, her quote of me remains.

Maybe get some volunteer Mods to help. I know a few of us probably wouldn't mind lending a hand keeping the trains on the rails!