1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Been there, done that - total disaster.

I'm an admin on MS (multiple-sclerosis) mboard and we have an open chat area and a few times I had to put the breaks on a derailed train. But most of the time it's good convo.

Currently some of the users and the Mod Squad are trying to convince the owner to keep the board as is. He wants to move it to Freakbook. There are many who don't want nothing to do with Zuck.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

I'm an admin on MS (multiple-sclerosis) mboard and we have an open chat area and a few times I had to put the breaks on a derailed train. But most of the time it's good convo.

Currently some of the users and the Mod Squad are trying to convince the owner to keep the board as is. He wants to move it to Freakbook. There are many who don't want nothing to do with Zuck.

The problem here is that any time in the past when LL has given regular Residents power, it always seems to go to their head and ultimately said power gets abused.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The problem here is that any time in the past when LL has given regular Residents power, it always seems to go to their head and ultimately said power gets abused.

Sadly that happens. How we lost a couple of Mods on the MS board. I use my best judgement before I lock a thread. I'll give a warning first and hopefully that will get the train back on the rails.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Maybe get some volunteer Mods to help. I know a few of us probably wouldn't mind lending a hand keeping the trains on the rails!

Not really a good idea. If they are willing, they are subject to play favorites (even without meaning to). Give it to someone who doesn't want the job. lol

My pet peeve:

Hello, I'd like to talk to you about a thing, and I absolutely must do it face to face with you in world, because I don't send notecards, and I'm not going to give you any indication of when I might be online, or what my timezone is, so just like, spam me periodically or something?

(not an actual quote)

I don't understand why some people feel entitled to an an instant discussion, and don't seem to grasp that most of the time people aren't available right when it would be most convenient for them.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Quistess Alpha said:

My pet peeve:

(not an actual quote)

I don't understand why some people feel entitled to an an instant discussion, and don't seem to grasp that most of the time people aren't available right when it would be most convenient for them.

You mean you are not here to cater to my every wish?  Wow, imagine that.

• Like 3

Second Life photography in which someone has tried to Photoshop a realistic face or body part onto their avatar. Second Life avatars themselves are nowhere near close to realistic, they still look extremely uncanny valley and its made 100x times worse when people shop realistic body parts onto them.

17 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

About that last post... I didn't even really notice who was in the image. I'm sorry. 

/me crawls under a rock

... crawls under there with you, to share the wiki page for Yuri Bezmenov. He's an interesting character and "useful idiot" is an interesting idea. Now, the trick is to determine whether I am one, or I just play one. I'm so nefarious that even I don't know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

... crawls under there with you, to share the wiki page for Yuri Bezmenov. He's an interesting character and "useful idiot" is an interesting idea. Now, the trick is to determine whether I am one, or I just play one. I'm so nefarious that even I don't know.

N2ZD2rc7G15eanUYlZAh7kAa524ldag4DZDhuU2K

Where to start... hmmm...

Oh! I know. I'll start  with... fire!

Edit: Fire is useful but only idiots play with fire.

hmmm....

Nope that's not it.

Oh look! We're on page 42!  Now we're cookin!

*sings* We're gonna take a little bitty break.

Just a little bitty pause for the cause.

We'll be back in a flash

with some more of this trash

We're gonna take a little bitty break.

*bom bada bom bom thump thump*

Edited by Silent Mistwalker