9 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

I would add something to this, but I'm watching and waiting on another thread where someone is fake friending another unsuspecting victim.

Nobody is doing that. And please stop with the unfounded accusations.

Pet Peeve: People who make unfounded accusations.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

The way some people just bring down the entire feel of the forums for me.  Oh well.  It was nice while it lasted.

When that happens to me (quite a bit some days), I do a quicker-than-usual skim of my Notifications and carefully pick which threads I'm actually going to look at and which I'm going to just ignore for a while.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

The way some people just bring down the entire feel of the forums for me.  Oh well.  It was nice while it lasted.

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

When that happens to me (quite a bit some days), I do a quicker-than-usual skim of my Notifications and carefully pick which threads I'm actually going to look at and which I'm going to just ignore for a while.

I've limited the number of threads that I follow so I don't get dragged down by most of the drama.  There are many topics that I just know are going to be more trouble than their worth.  My first clue that there is some drama going on these days is when it spills over into the peeves thread.

• Like 4

Creators still including notecards with their products suggesting you go into the debug menu and set the LOD factor to 5-8, 'for best results'.

• Like 9

On 3/4/2022 at 6:37 PM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

This is where I was about 2 years ago with Slink Physique. It's all but impossible to find outfits for it now.

It's a sort of unplanned but very convenient and lucrative system of obsolescence built into SL's economic system.

I don't have a problem finding clothes for Slink. It annoys me when people say they can't find clothes made for Slink. But, I understand they probably can't. There are some designers I would like to buy from that don't make stuff for Slink. But I find similar clothes by others.

The planned or unplanned obsolescence is there. But it isn't just the designers creating the problem. People like new and difference which encourages designers to come up with new and different.

On 3/4/2022 at 6:40 PM, Silent Mistwalker said:

People have wondered why Maitreya stuck with just the one body. I think they're just starting to figure out she knew wtf she was doing.

I suspect people still wonder. I consider Maitreya inferior at several levels. Slink bodies are compatible from the first to the current. Essentially one body. The Applier and BOM changes happened for Maitreya and Slink. So, its not sticking to one body that is contributing to Maitreya' popularity. That Slink has updated all buyers for free with each update adds to my conviction Maitreya's popularity isn't from sticking to a single body.

On 3/6/2022 at 11:39 AM, Madelaine McMasters said:

There's a tipping point beyond which imprisoning citizens simply isn't possible. Economic sanctions are intended to push the population to that tipping point.

That is the idea. A totalitarian dictator that controls information and understands psychological warfare simply redirects the fear and anger. If that can't happen, the simple solution is shoot the first people that stand up to rebel.

On 3/7/2022 at 7:27 AM, Coffee Pancake said:

Fat packs that cost more than 3 singles are enough to put me off buying any of the singles and just ignoring that product and vendor entirely, especially as singles are often aggressively limited in their options.

I tend to look at what I am getting in the fat pack and comparing that cost to how many of the singles I would be likely to wear. That gives me a cost comparison for whether or not to go with the fat pack.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

When someone quotes me in a thread, but RL takes me away before I see it, and when I finally do and go to see what was said, the thread is totally gone -- not locked, but totally gone.

😒

I only went for a quick bath - I don't understand why it was pulled altogether. No doubt there will be another one along in a minute! 

/me gets the popcorn and cat pics at the ready.

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

It shouldn't have been allowed at all in my opinion.  The OP had her first thread locked, her second deleted per community guidelines and started the third on the exact same subject.  

Third? Must have missed something there as unless yet another cropped up ... I only knew of two.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Solar Legion said:

Third? Must have missed something there as unless yet another cropped up ... I only knew of two.

The mods.locked.the first and she basically reposted it a second time.  The mods deleted that one.  The current one deleted was the third.  I was surprised when they let this last one stay.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

The mods.locked.the first and she basically reposted it a second time.  The mods deleted that one.  The current one deleted was the third.  I was surprised when they let this last one stay.

🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽

🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽👩‍🌾🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽

🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽📺🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽

🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽

^ The the next response will be. ^

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

My peeve of the night is Discord / broken group chat.  With certain groups no longer active in world, I miss the buzz and the chatter around big events. I have Discord, I know it has its plusses but it still feels like something has been lost in-world. Super active groups used to be such a great place to socialize and share information. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Finite said:

I still don’t understand why the threads get locked or deleted when it’s not the topic that turns toxic but the people posting in the thread. Generally the same ones. Seems history repeated. 

It's....

lobster.gif

12 hours ago, missyrideout said:

My peeve of the night is Discord / broken group chat.  With certain groups no longer active in world, I miss the buzz and the chatter around big events. I have Discord, I know it has its plusses but it still feels like something has been lost in-world. Super active groups used to be such a great place to socialize and share information. 

Yup.

Broken group chat has been super effective at migrating people to discord, who then realize they don't even need log in anymore for the same sense of community.

I'm in a few family social ones and they have all scaled back participation in SL to the point that some group events now happen entirely on discord with streaming.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Yup.

Broken group chat has been super effective at migrating people to discord, who then realize they don't even need log in anymore for the same sense of community.

I'm in a few family social ones and they have all scaled back participation in SL to the point that some group events now happen entirely on discord with streaming.

Discord also works from my phone, on the road. My imagination is more than capable of constructing worlds entirely in text.

• Like 2

• Moles

It's not hard to find things that irritate us these days. The world is handing them to us by the bucketful. Let's please try to avoid letting this thread get too tangled up in global events, especially if the peeves get personal.

Edited by Dyna Mole
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

When I boot up my laptop and it refuses to for no good reason other than it had a Windows Update and something has gone a bit ... wrong?! Spend 3 hours on a system restore only for the message to come up on the screen telling me it couldn't.

Some days I feel like Alice in Stupidland, having to run very very very fast, just to stay exactly where I was five hours ago. 

Modern technology; fantastic when it works. 

• Sad 2

Double pet peeve:

When I get a text message telling me I missed an appointment that I neither booked nor agreed to, and then get a snotty-toned lecture about why these appointments are so important to keep and how much money is wasted every year through missed appointments.

I didn't book a bl**dy appointment!

• Sad 1