NEW THEME!! Beachy/Summery?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1123 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ohoh and Hooray!  Patch dropped a theme teaser today!  Many thanks to @Claire Atheria for bringing this to our attention in the "When did you last see" thread, where there's been some talk about whether this is a new theme or a mailbox update to Traditionals, but I think that either way this teaser deserves its own thread.  Particularly IF it is a new theme/style which will be revealed at SL17B (which starts this Fri, 19th)!

50013661242_a7637db798_b.jpg

But there's also this caveat, shared by Patch inworld:

[11:50] Patch Linden: Don't give up your homes or sign up for accounts yet, wait until my Meet the Lindens show to find out more next Tuesday

The notion of it being a mailbox update is attractive because we'd all get to try it without having to OMG make avatars premium, or OMG releasing our favorite homes!  Plus it would not necessitate LL marshalling a bunch of rather scarce regions, at least until Project Uplift finishes.  But then, if it's a mailbox update, why is work continuing on the new, pink development regions SSP1501-1550?  The moles appear to be trickling back to working on it at a pretty steady clip.

Your thoughts?  Do you like what you see so far?

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

I'm going to listen to Patch and just wait and watch, since I don't have an available alt at the moment. If and when the theme turns out to be something I like the looks of, I will worry about it at that time, but I'm not going to run abandon a home I like with so little info about what (and when) this is going to be! 

• Like 4

Despite my comments on the other thread, I am secretly praying for a beach theme... It would mean great cabins being abandoned, that I would be more than happy to welcome in the family. I have never been a beach person

But yes, I am going for the updated Traditionals...

Edited by Elena Core
typos
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Ohoh and Hooray!  Patch dropped a theme teaser today!  Many thanks to @Claire Atheria for bringing this to our attention in the "When did you last see" thread, where there's been some talk about whether this is a new theme or a mailbox update to Traditionals, but I think that either way this teaser deserves its own thread.  Particularly IF it is a new theme/style which will be revealed at SL17B (which starts this Fri, 19th)!

50013661242_a7637db798_b.jpg

But there's also this caveat, shared by Patch inworld:

The notion of it being a mailbox update is attractive because we'd all get to try it without having to OMG make avatars premium, or OMG releasing our favorite homes!  Plus it would not necessitate LL marshalling a bunch of rather scarce regions, at least until Project Uplift finishes.  But then, if it's a mailbox update, why is work continuing on the new, pink development regions SSP1501-1550?  The moles appear to be trickling back to working on it at a pretty steady clip.

Your thoughts?  Do you like what you see so far?

I WANT ONE~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Hmmm, maybe I've been watching way too many episodes of Beachhunt Bargain Hunt on HGTV...but that kinda looks like a balcony with a sliding door and curtain with a matching sliding door on the first floor. "Oh, look, honey, here is a balcony for my morning coffee time and there is a slider door right to your dock and boat."

On_the_Move_Here_we_go_again_Patch_Linden_Flickr.png.33fff3a96fde9a486c7bd7fa973b1d4e.png

Edited by Eleanor Anderton
  • Like 9

I'd be stoked for a tropical theme(although I cannot afford another year off the bat of premium right now), although these don't look to be so. I could be wrong. I hope i'm wrong.

I see no palms(unless they hid them because it'd be obvious).

The houses look like a mix of traditional and victorian with some changes.. the sliding doors are nice, if that's what they are.

Coming from Florida, i'd be thrilled to see a concrete exterior mod.

• Like 4

Well they look pretty traditional to me :D.  I would think "beachy" would have more of a shabby - nautical look. But realistically the cabins looked pretty traditional from the inside too. I really like the open stairway. I almost never actually walk up those stairways from hell; they just don't work well when made close to scale size :D.

I can say that nothing has appeared over at the birthday sims. That's easy to see on the map.  There is a large beach area up north with an open space (could be a dance stage perhaps). The missing sim in the NE corner doesn't really have any "entry" way connecting it to anything so that doesn't seem like a good spot for a reveal. The empty area on the mid west coast seems more likely OR down south. There is really nothing over there now that has me thinking "oh, here is where the new stuff might be.  

I think I am going with the new versions in the mailbox idea. Since there is no more land for the next six months or so, that seems a much more solid bet :D

PS.  As is evident from the map there is a LOT of empty area (flora, rocks, water inlets etc) in the build this year --- much like last year.   I can't really reveal anything but the gift area is much cuter than it has been in the past. And again, as it appears from the map, there are definitely plenty of Belli bits and pieces, so y'all will feel right at home. 

image.thumb.png.9ca9ac9a581c6497b6737de5278a7e67.png

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

The missing sim in the NE corner doesn't really have any "entry" way connecting it to anything so that doesn't seem like a good spot for a reveal. The empty area on the mid west coast seems more likely OR down south. There is really nothing over there now that has me thinking "oh, here is where the new stuff might be. 

To me, the empty slot to the east, with water all around it, looks like a possibility too.  Depending, of course, on the design of that amphitheater region, I forget what it's called.

BUT, I am still not completely convinced that there will be any reveal region come Friday.  SL17B Enchant notwithstanding.  Possibly we'll have to wait until Tuesday to find out anything more. *shrug*

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 3

It is more "variations over a theme" than themes. The best is that the houses get more and more refined. This looks like an open, airy kind of build. All their homes has the same wooden exterior look. Not a single one modern theme with concrete, steel and really large windows.

I am going to try one of these homes anyway. It is a fresh theme for the summer. I do not have a Houseboat to abandon, but I will abandon the Log home.

I wish it was a mailbox update, but I think this is a new theme, not an update.

My guess is that IF there is going to be an update to the Traditionals later, the hypothetical update will have the same windows and exterior details as the first Traditionals..

Patch saying: "Don't give up your homes or sign up for accounts yet, wait until my Meet the Lindens show to find out more next Tuesday" can mean that these houses will not be available in 2-3 months? Even if they show them now.

Edited by Marianne Little
added a few words to clarify
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

If it is beach houses, and it certainly looks promising for that, then I agree with another poster in another thread that it wouldn't be fitting for there to be landlocked ones, so I'm wondering if the region layouts would be inspired by something like that palm-shaped man-made archipelago in Dubai, maybe?

• Like 1

It would probably work in the same way it did last year at SL16B with the preview region of the trailers

Next Tuesday we will hear more and hopefully the new preview region on the far west will open. Then give it a few months or so before it launches officially. September time perhaps for grid release. 

The water regions seem to be connected more to the exhibition regions. 

Screenshot_20200617-080537_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c433f589e3d28ee138be712456a6361b.jpg

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 2

I DO HOPE no Beach- Theme!!

Why?? Because then I would be forced to return my malealt to Premium ... plus his newborn sister that I created last January just to LOOK at the landpage ... both at least for one month!!! The expense!! Plus the dilemma if and when the two of them found one really desirable home!! - The other five have been just renewed for one year - all except Leora who is due in a week to be renewed and has the best home of them all!!

Then I will be right back THERE

.... no no no! I don't want to restart this mad race! ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

Tropical theme - that's what I would like to have. It could have tropical beaches and other tropical landscaping. Totally different looking theme from those what we have now. And there should be lots of water all around for nice sailing experiences. Something similar like in Fruit Island and Eden regions perhaps?

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

his newborn sister that I created last January just to LOOK at the landpage

You can LOOK at the landpage without being premium.  Bookmark this.

https://land.secondlife.com/en-US/lindenhomes/land-selection.php

Then log a non-premium avie into secondlife.com, and switch the page to that bookmark.  Voila.

Of course, if you want a peek at the actual properties, that's a different matter!

2 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

Something similar like in Fruit Island and Eden regions perhaps?

Perhaps.  Tho actually I'd prefer, personally, that people go RENT FROM Fruit Island and Eden!  Terrific sailing, wonderful activities, active and attentive estate staff.  Lots of tropical islands available!

p.s. I think the day that Belli has a naturist subcontinent like Eden is far, far, far away  🤔

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

You can LOOK at the landpage without being premium.  ..

That was a misunderstanding! I know you can. That's why I created that additional (eighth!!) alt which I am keeping Basic up to now. She can look. You cannot look at the landpage though with your Premium alts that allready OWN a home (and want to keep it). If you log into that link with them you only get shown your present home.

• Like 4

Thanks for posting this @Nika Talaj .

I would not be surprised if this does refer to the next theme. The picture is in line with what Patch has posted before i.e. scene of moving before the new theme is revealed. Also, I noticed some weeks ago that the shapes of the new structures on one of the LH Dev regions looks very much like traditionals/Victorians structure, but do not look exactly like trads/Vics do on the map, suggesting a new theme in a similar basic style, which Niki's post shows, rather than something very different like houseboats or campers were. It looks more like an urban side by side type layout though, so not sure about beach theme:

LHDEv2.JPG.7ebcc248160bf5cf7799ec15646ac1a0.JPG

I'm a little disappointed if this is the new theme though. I'm sure they will look lovely, and the landscaping too, as everything so far has done, but it just seems like more of the same in terms of the structure. It would be nice to see something a bit different. I hope campers and houseboats are not the only really different homes that will have been introduced.

I'm pretty sure Patch did say somewhere that they may add to existing home themes (Not sure where I read or heard this, could be one of the Lab Gab or other interviews on Youtube). I could be wrong though. But even if he did, I suspect that pic is not what that's suggesting. Methinks new theme!:) And I reckon there'll be a reveal at SL17B. SL17B Enchant is green (hidden) so I reckon it could be there.

Well that's my new theme sleuthing for today! lol

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

I'm pretty sure Patch did say somewhere that they may add to existing home themes (Not sure where I read or heard this, could be one of the Lab Gab or other interviews on Youtube). I could be wrong though. But even if he did, I suspect that pic is not what that's suggesting. Methinks new theme!:) And I reckon there'll be a reveal at SL17B. SL17B Enchant is green (hidden) so I reckon it could be there.

I do remember the Lab Gab, pretty sure it is the one with the moles on Feb 28 2020,    Patch had asked for questions online and I filled out a form and asked "will new house models be added to the existing themes", Patch referred to the question and said something along the lines of: They do plan to add new models that would show up in the mailboxes but it is not a top priority for this year- possibly next year.  (2021).   I think the new picture is for a theme ....but to echo Evangeline  "I could be wrong though".  :) 

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1123 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.