Decisions, Decisions

Ajay McDowwll

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi!  So my primary alt and I are now the proud owners of two Trad Linden homes, one in Millers Pond, one in Rockham.  I kind of want some variety so I'm attempting to decide which to hang on to.  I have the Rockham, AjayMcDowwll Alter has the Millers Pond.  I like the landscaping that's already present in Rockham best, but, well... FOMO if I drop Millers Pond :P

Does anyone have any suggestions about how they decide these things?  I'm flummoxed and torn LOL

• Like 2

It is a really VERY hard decision to make.

After months of househunting I finally landed SEVEN really very desirable homes, one for every premium account I have, all very different and unique in their special way, one houseboat, two victorians and four traditionals, everys one of them directly seashore (which is my nr.1 desired feature), every one has been extremely hard to get, was the result of endless catching and abandoning and now??

I intended to keep only two (a trad and a boat) and reduce the other alts back to basic when their time comes, the first three will expire on the 15th of April, so I'll have to decide till then. But I CAN'T! It breaks my heart to merely think about letting any of these homes go!

And it will break my purse if I'll keep all seven!

Clever Lindens! Well done! ;)

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 10

I have made ONE aditional alt just lately, a basic account just to be able to LOOK at the landpage.

I considered making her premium for a month ... but what if she catches someting really desirable?

I should better decide to abandon one or two of my precious homes ...

But anyway I'll first LOOK at the reveal. I DO hope I'll not like it! :P

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

I may have to promote my other alt to premium at this rate :P

Addicting isn't it!  Right now I have 3, 1 traditional house, 1 houseboat, and just got a victorian I like.  And I have 1 more alt I brought out for the new release, so I have 4.  At some point I know I will only have 2.  But right now with the new themes coming out and new releases, I am just having fun with it.

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

Hi!  So my primary alt and I are now the proud owners of two Trad Linden homes, one in Millers Pond, one in Rockham.  I kind of want some variety so I'm attempting to decide which to hang on to.  I have the Rockham, AjayMcDowwll Alter has the Millers Pond.  I like the landscaping that's already present in Rockham best, but, well... FOMO if I drop Millers Pond :P

Does anyone have any suggestions about how they decide these things?  I'm flummoxed and torn LOL

Home is where your heart is ... listen to it, it will show you the right home!

• Like 8

My Name is Nika, and I've been sober (not hopping) for 50 days.

I've almost decided that much tho I love our properties, I miss hopping MORE than I'll regret leaving one!

Though I do still feel a twinge when I think of our adorable Adams on the banks of Miller's Pond (that we abandoned to get our beautiful Vics).  The boat rez zone across the street ... the quick, straight shot to the ocean beneath cute bridges ... the cozy neighborhood feel ... the outdoor massage cabana next to the pool ... people don't realize how great that region is.

Not helping, am I?  🤣

1811008679_Onmyway_002smaller.thumb.jpg.d911b87c6ed1f08b228f096f1db2b819.jpg

• Like 12

21 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I have made ONE aditional alt just lately, a basic account just to be able to LOOK at the landpage.

I considered making her premium for a month ... but what if she catches someting really desirable?

I should better decide to abandon one or two of my precious homes ...

But anyway I'll first LOOK at the reveal. I DO hope I'll not like it! :P

That's my hope, that I won't want the new theme at all! Can't afford it! 😂

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

More houses than I want to admit here - because I am using my rl hubby's land alts after he sold a large mainland parcel!  

The way I decide what to keep and what to leave when a new theme or new regions are released is to make note of which home or homes where I spend the most time.  Also I check the performance in the region using Control-Shift-1 keys to help choose the place with the least lag.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Keep whichever home or homes bring you the most joy. I personally base that on the amount of time spent at a parcel either relaxing, working, decorating, etc. I have a Vic that I love working on, but ultimately spend the most time at the camp. If a new theme comes out that I like, it'll be a really tough call for me since another Premium account is not in the cards.

Ultimately once you've made a decision, don't second guess yourself!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

Hi!  So my primary alt and I are now the proud owners of two Trad Linden homes, one in Millers Pond, one in Rockham.  I kind of want some variety so I'm attempting to decide which to hang on to.

Welcome to the club. There's a few of us who have randomly lucked into more than 1 perfect spot and are now stuck...

If I give up A... I won't have it anymore... if I give up B... I won't have it anymore... but they're too similar to keep both... yet just different enough that I can't just flip a coin...

arg...

first-SLer-problems...

Some bearded Millennial get me a latte...

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Haha 11

44 minutes ago, Flower Caerndow said:

More houses than I want to admit here - because I am using my rl hubby's land alts after he sold a large mainland parcel!  

The way I decide what to keep and what to leave when a new theme or new regions are released is to make note of which home or homes where I spend the most time.  Also I check the performance in the region using Control-Shift-1 keys to help choose the place with the least lag.

I base a lot of my decisions on my computer.  I don't want a property where I have to have my draw distance set over 100 to enjoy the landscaping around me.  Also I agree with others here too that it is how you feel about the property.  I actually did get one property that was in a region where the name triggered me even though I loved the parcel.  Might be silly but the name of the region was the last name of someone I knew back when I was drinking.   But the name just brought back bad memories and my struggles with alcoholism so I just had to let it go.

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, karynmaria said:

Might be silly but the name of the region was the last name of someone I knew back when I was drinking.   But the name just brought back bad memories and my struggles with alcoholism so I just had to let it go.

That's not silly at all. Words have power. There's a few regions with names that I avoid for the name. Back with the old linden homes I tried very hard to get a plot bordering a full-protected region because it was named 'Rastas'... (tried, failed, gave up, but when it's region reset day and I can't find a region to log in through - you can see me sometimes randomly appear there because I remember the name).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

Okay, here are the two houses.  I'm leaning toward Rockham (the first picture), but things about Millers Pond (by process of elimination, the second picture) folks have mentioned (water access, etc) also appeal.  GACK.

What'd behind the red house. Is that open land protected? If so I'd go with #2. If not #1.

Why?

#2, if that's protected land - is a great open view.

#1, if not is more dynamic.

Both can fit a driveway if you want it. I like the rocks in #2, but I still say #1 is more dynamic of a view unless #2's view is actually protected.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

What'd behind the red house. Is that open land protected? If so I'd go with #2. If not #1.

Why?

#2, if that's protected land - is a great open view.

#1, if not is more dynamic.

Both can fit a driveway if you want it. I like the rocks in #2, but I still say #1 is more dynamic of a view unless #2's view is actually protected.

The land behind #2 is in a different region; I checked to see what it was, but I couldn't tell if it was just an empty region where building will start, or if it's actual Protected-Protected Land.  This is a screencap of the map; the SL flag is at the Millers Pond house, and the big square below it is what's behind it in the picture.

Millers Pond Map.jpg

2 minutes ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

The land behind #2 is in a different region; I checked to see what it was, but I couldn't tell if it was just an empty region where building will start, or if it's actual Protected-Protected Land.  This is a screencap of the map; the SL flag is at the Millers Pond house, and the big square below it is what's behind it in the picture.

Millers Pond Map.jpg

Did you just catch this house in the past few days? I think I had it very recently (maybe it was another one nearby) and gave it up as I found that view out back to be not very interesting. 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.