NEW THEME!! Beachy/Summery?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1132 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I posted it HERE originally but this seems a better place:

I have a wild guess to offer: There is a diffuse MASS of homes east of Bellisseria but by now they added a coastline with seashore. What hits me is that there are no homes in that very preferrred locations next to the sea!! What if they have a new coastal housetype, but instead of putiing it into the postboxes or making a new continent for it they place them along these shorelines?

Allthough if you TP there it does not seem so. Shore is mostly blocked ba a chain of mountains.

Will they really waste all that precious seaview parcels on nothing but landscape? Not even pretty landscape!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I posted it HERE originally but this seems a better place:

I have a wild guess to offer: There is a diffuse MASS of homes east of Bellisseria but by now they added a coastline with seashore. What hits me is that there are no homes in that very preferrred locations next to the sea!! What if they have a new coastal housetype, but instead of putiing it into the postboxes or making a new continent for it they place them along these shorelines?

Allthough if you TP there it does not seem so. Shore is mostly blocked ba a chain of mountains.

Will they really waste all that precious seaview parcels on nothing but landscape? Not even pretty landscape!

Still many more themes to come in the future, maybe they’ll be kept for one of them :) 

It would be nice to see the active used old Linden homes areas merged with the bellisseria continent with a link bridge of water regions. The rest could be deleted so it could free up new space for upcoming themes. 

There is a huge open space towards the south east of the bellisseria continent that could be used for this big shift. 

The problem is with the old Linden Home continents its all over the grid. It would be nice to see them closer together. 

There are some nice areas still on the old Linden homes continents that should not just go offline. 

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

My guess is that Patch will announce when the reveal is likely to be in his interview next Tuesday ('Meet the Lindens') at the event. At least we know there definately will be something to show, since the demo area is on the Map boards:) Unless of course there's no reveal, just demos of existing homes:(

Well that would be most disappointing if this becomes the case next week. I really hope that the lab will announce something about the next new LH theme. 

"Unless of course there's no reveal, just demos of existing homes:("

The lab should of had two LH demo regions. Open one up at the start of the birthday and then the other at the end of the birthday celebrations. 

The water regions still have something to play in all of this yet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Well that would be most disappointing if this becomes the case next week. I really hope that the lab will announce something about the next new LH theme. 

"Unless of course there's no reveal, just demos of existing homes:("

The lab should of had two LH demo regions. Open one up at the start of the birthday and then the other at the end of the birthday celebrations. 

The water regions still have something to play in all of this yet. 

Yes, two regions would be a good idea. I don't really believe there wont' be a reveal - there would be no reason to hide the LH Demo region if there wasn't (but I always say never assume lol). I'm hoping we'll know more next week.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Those mountains are LL's solution to a viewer glitch that happens when water at two different levels are in the scene simultaneously. The water level for the cabin area is 50 meters. When you get to the shore the water level is at the standard 20 meters. LL used different water levels in different Victorian regions and people would see the glitch. I saw it while standing in a Victorian region with a higher water level. I zoomed in to the shore of a river that was below me, and everything down there suddenly looked like it was under water. The mountains in the cabin region block the view of the lower level ocean so that doesn't happen.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

In Dec of last year, Patch said that Themes 5 AND 6 were already well under way ( https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/439063-a-special-message-page-to-thank-our-beloved-moles/?do=findComment&comment=2019962  ).   We already have 5 themes released, so whatever is happening under the pink area is Theme #6 and it was "well under way" roughly 6 months ago.

On May 16th, he twice said that they are continuing with the new themes at 'full speed ahead':  https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/454605-limited-availability-of-new-second-life-regions/?do=findComment&comment=2118196 and https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/454712-does-the-lack-of-new-regions-mean-that-new-linden-homes-are-suspended/?do=findComment&comment=2118173

Given that, combined with the pink covered areas, I've no doubt the next theme is ready for a reveal and could be ready for initial release in a few months.  

I do not expect a new Theme to be released prior to the fall, though I would not put it past Patch and the Moles to manage to come up with a few more Styles within one or more of the Themes that would still fit within their existing lego home marker and thus be able to possibly pop a few more choices into some of the home rezzers.  Though I do think that the Moles could come up with such homes, it isn't really super high on my expectation list.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

On 6/17/2020 at 8:59 AM, arabellajones said:

Just what is the point of those water regions? What can they be used for? Those missing corner regions look rather odd.

Maybe the Moles will let everyone swim around the SL17B regions or a race perhaps. 

The SL17B Water regions are still closed as of now. 

10 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Anticipation is keeping me up at night!  My alt got a log home in Longbranch yesterday and there are several unnamed, uninhabited regions right around it.  She keeps peeking around to see if any moles are working.  Nuttin yet.

Same here. It's a guessing game now on which day there will be any sort of news about the next theme. 

The 10 new SL17B Water regions are most interesting. Just a shame they are all closed at the moment. 

There have been greet dots over at the pink ssp regions recently. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

My alt got a log home in Longbranch yesterday and there are several unnamed, uninhabited regions right around it.

Actually, at this point I'm more eager to see the moles work on LogLand than to see a new theme!  My partner & I have avies tied up waiting to see what happens when SSPE regions are built out, and two of them would be the hunters in the unlikely event that a new theme were to actually be released soon™.  Before that, we'd like to retire them for a while. 

Haven't seen a mole working in Belli in many weeks, or noticed progress on unfinished builds there.  I hope they return before moving on to another big project, but I don't have a lot of confidence. As Daniel said, they've been rather steadily working on the template tiles for the new theme, apparently as they've freed up from the SL17B build.

LL has left projects on mainland unfinished before.  I suppose if that happens in LogLand, my partner & I will just have to hold our noses and make a couple of guesses.  It's not like big open spaces are a BAD thing, if they stay that way!

Re: SL17B water regions - each of them is providing a little bit of finished coastline for an exhibitor region.  Don't know if that's the only reason why they're there, but maybe?  The places where there is no water region border are either LL regions (I haven't been in to see if LL provided coastline built-into their regions), or the spot where the demo region is destined to go.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Same here. It's a guessing game now on which day there will be any sort of news about the next theme. 

The 10 new SL17B Water regions are most interesting. Just a shame they are all closed at the moment. 

There have been greet dots over at the pink ssp regions recently. 

SL17B as a model of communicating with customers is a piss-poor failure.

The best way of finding out anything about any of the timetabled events seems to be knowing a Linden's real name and looking them up on LinkedIn.

What sort of music is played on the DJ Stage? All you can do to find out is to turn up.

What about the live performances: there might be something somewhere about a particular performer's abilities, but if they have a web page, there's no obvious link. It can't all be one guy with a guitar, but that's all I have come across. But, whether it's VR or a performance at the local pub, not promoting the music is a failure. What's the next live session? Somebody doing a furry George Formby while playing 50 Cent tracks on a ukulele?

• Haha 1

Meet the Lindens 2020 - Ebbe Linden

• Live stream from 2pm SLT here
  • SL17B Auditorium SLURL 

Hopefully Ebbe Altberg CEO of Linden Lab will announce something about the next Linden Home theme in less than 5 hours time. If not today then Patch Linden will be speaking live tomorrow for the next opportunity window. The next opportunity would be Friday with the Mole team. 

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Ebbe didn't say much about Linden Homes yesterday afternoon. 

Ebbe did say that Linden Homes was a "huge success" and he said "we can't make them fast enough" to keep up with the demand. 

I guess we might hear something from Patch Linden later on today from 2pm at SL17B about the future of Linden Homes. I hope we get more info on the LH Demo region. I've asked moles and Linden's about it but nothing yet. 

I think I heard someone say that the region is undergoing testing and it's coming soon. 

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Thanks 3

New Patch hint pic this morning:

Never get a break!

Gotta unpack more boxes! No time to rest!

50036437308_c5a73bdf63_b.jpg

LOL a WALL of boxes so we can't see outside!  Not much to add to what we knew before.  I see a more open floorplan than usual in trads (yay!), confirmation that we'll be able to color the walls as we like, and a better view of the floor-length curtains that we saw in the first photo.

Kinda feeling more and more like a mailbox update, but we'll maybe find out later today.  Adding wall-coloring to existing trads would be great, and a more open floorplan model with curtains, also most welcome.  I wonder if the two rolls of rugs mean anything?  Will we be able to select different floor textures for different rooms?  That would be great!  Hardwood floor kitchen with carpet in dining room without having to use prims, terrific, but I'm not counting on it.

And a cute bannister-sliding anim, wonder where that came from?

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Never get a break!

LOL a WALL of boxes so we can't see outside!  Not much to add to what we knew before.  I see a more open floorplan than usual in trads (yay!), confirmation that we'll be able to color the walls as we like, and a better view of the floor-length curtains that we saw in the first photo.

Kinda feeling more and more like a mailbox update, but we'll maybe find out later today.  Adding wall-coloring to existing trads would be great, and a more open floorplan model with curtains, also most welcome.  I wonder if the two rolls of rugs mean anything?  Will we be able to select different floor textures for different rooms?  That would be great!  Hardwood floor kitchen with carpet in dining room without having to use prims, terrific, but I'm not counting on it.

My real life bedroom and master bath is painted that shade or very close... LOVE it, and I have those valspar crystals/sparkes in the paint too (still can't belive I talked Hubby into it)

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

If it is a mailbox update, then it is a nice one, for the reasons you mention though I'm doubtful that the rolled rugs mean anything in particular.

If this is a new theme, then the open-plan and larger windows are welcome. I hope there's a single story cosy model.
It does look very similar to the previous homes in many ways, so as a new theme, this seems more of an evolution which blends features from older models, rather than a completely new look.
I do prefer this colour scheme to the log homes wood tones.

I'm surprised that more water based homes  haven't been released. Maybe lack of land is an issue until September?

edit: I wonder if we will ever see any of these in Belli?
How-to-check-brick-quality-on-site.jpg

Edited by Raspberry Crystal
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

Never get a break!

If this is a mailbox update to Traditional then I am super excited because the most beautiful parcel I have is a trad. He is a big tease! But oh the fun I am having!

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1132 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.