NEW THEME!! Beachy/Summery?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1132 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, 811Lord said:

My idea ... if we get a Premium Plus, the tents with land (256m2) might become a Premium Light ...

Funny you should say that. I just decorated my second 240m2 mainland plot and realised it is plenty big enough to make an interesting build, and with the linden plots the house prims don't count so there would be more to play with.
It would very much depend what the surroundings were. Views out make the biggest difference.
Having a terraced hillside would allow for that without taking up extra land.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I do not want another 512 theme, but I can't always get what I want. Maybe LL uses "vacation" themes for the 512's.

I have been hoping for another 512 theme, as I'm not all that excited with campers. Mini cottages would be great for my purposes, since I do use some land allowance on Mainland and have some leftover to use on a 512 Linden home. 

As for the little campers, has anyone clicked on one to see who made them? That would probably answer the question about whether they are a Premium gift, etc. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alec Kaestner said:

Tiny Trailer.... 

• Owner: Notta Mole
  • Creator: FrankLee Anatra

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SL17B Exhilarate/51/34/23

Can't wait, for the big reveal!

Thanks! That means it's a What Next trailer. 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/what-next-Little-Haven-Caravan-Coastal/5159843

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/what-next-Little-Haven-Caravan-Cottage/5159775

Note the names: Coastal and Cottage. Now there's something for the conspiracy fans to chew on! ;) 

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Patch has opened SL17B officially.  Nice speech, I swear he got a little choked up during the minute of silence for those whom we've lost this year.  *Hugs* to Patch!  Those speeches really need an audience in voice, tho, the pauses after big lines are deflating.  Maybe an invited studio audience?

Enchant is still off to the side.  There was no mention of Linden Homes at all.  There were a few interesting stats on SL's growth this year, tho.   Strawberry is still broadcasting live, visiting a few places around SL17B.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

The Linden Homes demo sim seems to be offline.lhdemooffline.thumb.png.698cb78066883d3f5052b471aecc852a.png

Note blank space north of "SL17B Incredible."

That's where "LH Demo Area" was supposed to be. No sim there at the moment.

Is that because there's a later reveal of the new homes, or is it just down?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, animats said:

The Linden Homes demo sim seems to be offline.

I was there late yesterday and it was all blank, you could look over the stone wall at the "ocean".  I don't think anything has been revealed yet...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Malayaa said:

I was there late yesterday and it was all blank, you could look over the stone wall at the "ocean".  I don't think anything has been revealed yet...

Even at 512 draw distance we still cant see anything 😂

I think we will hear more about the LH Demo region either on Monday or Tuesday next week. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Even at 512 draw distance we still cant see anything 😂

I think we will hear more about the LH Demo region either on Monday or Tuesday next week. 

Based on Patch's message, my guess is that it will be on Tuesday, during Meet the Linden meeting...

• Like 3

Just now, Elena Core said:

Based on Patch's message, my guess is that it will be on Tuesday, during Meet the Linden meeting...

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. I think the lab wants everyone to explore the SL17B regions this weekend and then next week start announcing things. 

I just looked up SL17B Enchant on the Second Life Grid Survey and it's saying the region is currently onlne

• Like 2

LH region still offline.

SL16B is far better in the daytime. At night, there are just endless dirt roads with occasional dim lights. I spent too much time in Bubba's trailer park looking for new Linden homes.

(Yes, I know you can change lighting in the viewer, but I consider that cheating.)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, xViXeNx71 said:

If that swamplike area next to the LH Demo area at SL17B is ever going to be a new LH theme, then all I've got to say is: Shut Up and Take My Money!

Snapshot_1206.png

Snapshot_1205.png

I find myself hoping the new theme will just be beachy, so I can hang out, stress free and wait for nice abandons in log or vic regions.  I've never liked the beach. 

BUT if it a lush, buggy, misty swamp, I'll have some hard decisions to make.  I'd love an alligator or cotton mouth in my yard and lizards crawling up the side of my house (I'll skip the roaches in my corn flakes, though).  I want to sing Jambalaya (on the Bayou) at the top of my lungs while poling my pirogue down the waterways...  Okay, it's just a dream, but still.

I started singing that song at work today and realized no one knows it but me. 😪

• Like 4

On 6/18/2020 at 6:18 PM, Leora Jacobus said:

There is also a group of very tiny campers .... wonder what THAT is supposed to be

image.thumb.jpeg.2564e60661a4eaf21e05024294a3e7db.jpeg

Well, they fit a Tiny though you have to hover.  I'm not sure they should have let me keep the knife. 

Tiny Camper at SL17B_001.jpg

Tiny Camper at SL17B_002.jpg

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Like 3
  • Haha 8

17 hours ago, animats said:

The Linden Homes demo sim seems to be offline.lhdemooffline.thumb.png.698cb78066883d3f5052b471aecc852a.png

My guess is that Patch will announce when the reveal is likely to be in his interview next Tuesday ('Meet the Lindens') at the event. At least we know there definately will be something to show, since the demo area is on the Map boards:) Unless of course there's no reveal, just demos of existing homes:(

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Unless of course there's no reveal, just demos of existing homes:(

Hey, despair not allowed!  If it were demos of existing homes, the region would have been in place before SLB opened, right?  The only reason to have removed it is because some sort of reveal is planned.  And I doubt it's just been cancelled, particularly not with Patch having already posted a teaser named "On the Move!" of a house we've never seen before.

SLB is over 3 weeks long, ends July 12th.  It's not ABOUT homes, like the Home & Garden Expo was.  It's about celebrating SL's history and having a fun vacation from our crazy RLs. So let's go try to get a great pic with a pterodactyl and see if Patch will drop a few words Tuesday about what's next for Belli.

*hugs and lemonade to all*

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Wow the Bellisseria continent holds 16, 000 new Linden Homes as of this week. Several new themes are planned for future releases which probably means next week being one of them then the other by the end of 2020. 

I don't actually read anything in that screenshot that says any new THEMES will be released Soon (TM).   If there is no land available  until the end of the year, then it seems like we have six months to wait.  I am still in the "extra versions of old themes added" camp. That really is the only thing that makes much sense -- to me anyway :D.   

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling
  • Like 1

It doesn't say that the planned themes will happen in 2020 and certainly not that they're going to be next week. Remember that the quick releases after the demo happened in cases where they'd already started preparing the final areas. This time around, that hasn't happened.

Edited by Polenth Yue
  • Like 1

The campers were revealed at SL16B, but not released until mid-September.  So, it's not outside the realm of possibility that LL could REVEAL the new homes now, and RELEASE them when regions become available. 

I have to say that I've been a little puzzled as to why work has continued seemingly steadily on templates for a new theme (the pink SSP regions).  I mean, don't they have all the time in the world to finish those?  Or ...

maybe they don't.

You know, they can do whatever their little hearts desire.  If they want to do a limited release of, say, 100 regions of a new theme with more to follow later, mazeltov. 

Or they could just update the trad mailboxes.

Or they could reveal a new theme, and not release any of them until November.

Their world, their implementation.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1132 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.