NEW THEME!! Beachy/Summery?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1162 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 1/27/2021 at 4:22 AM, Yuumo Ichibara said:

Ditto! Always wished that one of the future themes would be an upgraded Meadowbrook as I prefer modern style lofts. I stayed in one last year when I could not get even a trad. I’ve seen quite a few old LH models that look so luxe inside with professional interior deco and would have been perfect for me if only the exteriors would match the quality.

old-linden-house-decor_50383421593_o.thumb.jpeg.9dbf6497b0ac50f5df8375c7ab2c63b4.jpegold-linden-house-decor_50384118376_o.thumb.jpeg.8173dd3120ce7616b0f4f42d34a01b36.jpegold-linden-house-decor_50384128296_o.thumb.jpeg.468725bf8b4704af7015c90144c3f9e2.jpegold-linden-house-decor_50384295812_o.thumb.jpeg.57d1069a0b83ba89927834cf133679d1.jpegold-linden-house-decor_50384296167_o.thumb.jpeg.ea619a0eae4613260ff01e07c597c04f.jpegold-linden-house-decor_50384296992_o.thumb.jpeg.f93380067f950ecc500eff2c81cdc0bc.jpeg

May I ask where you purchased the fireplace. I've been wanting one like that and unable to find one.

1 minute ago, heartzwhim said:

May I ask where you purchased the fireplace. I've been wanting one like that and unable to find one.

I think that's the Shirvan fireplace from Loft & Aria (stretched horizontally):

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Loft-Aria-Shirvan-Set-PG/20919445
(you can buy the fireplace by itself at their store in-world)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Claire Atheria said:

I think that's the Shirvan fireplace from Loft & Aria (stretched horizontally):

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Loft-Aria-Shirvan-Set-PG/20919445
(you can buy the fireplace by itself at their store in-world)

Yay! Thank you! I was able to buy JUST the fireplace at their in-world store. 8LI and 200L. Thank you 🙂

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Fay Starlight said:

This is why I will be playing on the beach in Second Life, lol 🥴🥶❄️☃️🤯

That is one of my decks this morning, and we have had a few ice storm this past week as well. 👎

AD8BF98B-199B-4E46-9065-9D20D9AC65AE.jpeg

Lovely photo, thank you, and I would love to see a similar photo in summer.  I bet that balcony has a stunning view!

3 minutes ago, Laurelrose Anthony said:

Only one flower box?  I'm shocked!

Most of us that live in those climates, pull the flower boxes inside for the winter.  Only the hardiest are left outside - and those that don't stay alive year round, but will come back on their own when the weather warms up.

• Like 1

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

Most of us that live in those climates, pull the flower boxes inside for the winter.  Only the hardiest are left outside - and those that don't stay alive year round, but will come back on their own when the weather warms up.

Being a Chicago girl myself, I realize that.  I was ribbing Fay because she loves to landscape in SL.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Laurelrose Anthony said:

Being a Chicago girl myself, I realize that.  I was ribbing Fay because she loves to landscape in SL.

I actually had 4 or 5 out there---there just aren't all in the pic, LOL, half the deck is not in the pic and I have a second deck as well....lol.

I do have tons of RL flowers:

12 rose bushes, a quince, a lilac,  four azaleas, 4 rose of sharon, peonies, daffodils, speedwells, daisies, cleomes, bachelor buttons, vincas (the last three reseed themselves), hollyhocks, iris, and a dogwood tree with peach blooms. Also have a cherry tree, peach tree and an apple tree. I plant all kinds of one season flowers too every year--mainly tons of zinnias, along with sunflowers, impatients, geraniums etc. Most of my land is woods and fields though. :)

• Like 6

By the way, where I live we almost never get snow....a dusting here or there...if we get anything its in the 50s the next day or better and it melts quickly. So this is weird weather for me....all these ice storms and stuff and extended days of cold.  At least the sun is out today. LOL

I have/had daffodils up in the yard since the first few days of February but now they are under the snow, LOL. 

• Like 3

As someone who is allergic to trowels, I really enjoy landscaping in SL!  Altho sadly my lack of RL gardening skill seems to carry over to SL.  This is just a prelude to saying how much I enjoy seeing gardens in the LH Home & Gardens picture thread here ... and whenever I stumble across a home decorated by  @Elena Core  or you, Fay, or any of the expert landscapers here, I hope you will forgive the intrusion if I just sit on any handy bench and soak up the sunny vibes, remembering the RL scents that go with the plants.

ETA: Just a note also to thank @Loretta String for her lush plantings in Albacore - never got around to decorating my alt's Stilt there before her premium ran out, but your home next door was an education in what a true gardener might actually do (with a little imported soil, lol) in that landscape!

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1162 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.