NEW THEME!! Beachy/Summery?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1161 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Chat is ending.... time to go see the display homes!

ETA: Homes are NOT launching today. They are being worked on, in the background, as are the areas they will be released on.

ETA Again: Another theme is almost ready, too, with two more themes coming afterward. Double theme home release MAY happen in the winter. 

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

STILT Homes (as in S/E US).

There'll be three styles, all on stilts.

1. Overland
  2. Overwater
  3. Mixed (over land AND water)

They'll just be on demo, for now. They cannot really proceed with any regions until their Project: UPLift is complete (move to cloud).

1024m², as well.

JUST got crashed out of the region - so - yeah, it'll be a while.

• Like 4

I saw four models of homes, all 1024x1024, each of which could be sited either all on land, partially on land, or all on water.  All on stilts.  Patch seemed very clear that there will be space to put a boat on both the all over water AND the partial water parcels.  And yes, stilt home regions will, at least sometimes, be sited near existing or new houseboat regions.

The only thing said about release dates was Patch dropping something about a possible winter release of 2 themes.  So these are NOT coming soon to a region near you :)

There are no underwater homes in this theme.  But it would be easy to BUILD a mer home under one!

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 4

55 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

All 1024 sq m homes. Huge decks on the back. Google Florida stilt homes for an idea of the theme.

We saw a lot of those when we drove to the Keys for vacation a few years ago.  Some were really nice looking.  Will make for interesting landscaping and add-ons.

• Like 2

I think the only one I don't see pictured in this thread yet is the Tortuga.  To me this one feels like a yacht club!

tortuga_001.thumb.png.dfcbc03749f9518f5b4edbce4fdf7d2c.png

All of them have quite nice decks.  Here's the Lauderdale from the back, complete with an Alotta :)

Lauderdale_001.thumb.png.d25c257d90504a91a41e5446385e4c80.png

The Santiago feels the most like a regular family home, to me.  Its deck is more modest.  I think this is the model Patch used in his hint pics.

santiago_001.thumb.png.71e5ef761db605e2e62336b9dde336e9.png

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

... he said something about being able to park cars underneath houses.

For the homes in Florida, many will put a cement pad under the house for parking cars and some even enclose it for a full garage:

Related image      b101bda1da1893ff2de37af979154b84.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

For the homes in Florida, many will put a cement pad under the house for parking cars and some even enclose it for a full garage:

Related image      b101bda1da1893ff2de37af979154b84.jpg

Oh that looks great! I thought I might want a water one, but now I'm reconsidering. I do like the Havana model best because it appeared to be smallest, though I didn't have time to explore them all thoroughly (had to go cook dinner!), so I could be wrong about that. 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1161 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.