What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Some people could be coloured pink with sparkling gold stars and people would still mind their own business. And in some cases, thats the absolut best thing to do.

Peeve: Advertisement that doesn't make it clear what the sold product is.

Also: Gacha outfits, that only really work, if you get the rare main piece.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

Some people could be coloured pink with sparkling gold stars and people would still mind their own business. And in some cases, thats the absolut best thing to do.

Peeve: Advertisement that doesn't make it clear what the sold product is.

Also: Gacha outfits, that only really work, if you get the rare main piece.

About gachas: I wait a few days after whatever event that a gacha is in starts.  MP almost always has the item.  I’ve been a belleza wearer for about 18 months now & thinking I might have to change.  So many gachas & other clothes are for Lara & now Legacy only.  

Peeve: I get the occasional rude fat shaming IM from strangers.  Sometimes in local too.  I keep pixie on the heavier side simply because I feel more of a connection to her since I am overweight.  Even tattoo comments- which I have 14 IRL.  I’ve had people tell me that my avi needs a diet or doesn’t belong.   Advised I’m not the type of person they want to be around.  Because of my pixels.   Without even speaking to me.  It stings to be shamed in SL almost as much as IRL.  

• Sad 9

32 minutes ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

Peeve: I get the occasional rude fat shaming IM from strangers.  Sometimes in local too.  I keep pixie on the heavier side simply because I feel more of a connection to her since I am overweight.  Even tattoo comments- which I have 14 IRL.  I’ve had people tell me that my avi needs a diet or doesn’t belong.   Advised I’m not the type of person they want to be around.  Because of my pixels.   Without even speaking to me.  It stings to be shamed in SL almost as much as IRL.  

I wonder how many of those people are sculpted Venuses and Adonises in RL...

I suppose this leads into a related peeve of mine. I know we all want immersion and there are occasions when the lines can blur, but I do get a bit irritated when people lose all sense of reality and seem to think they really do look like their av, that they really are a seven foot swordsman with a harem of 20 year old supermodels or whatever. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

I suppose this leads into a related peeve of mine. I know we all want immersion and there are occasions when the lines can blur, but I do get a bit irritated when people lose all sense of reality and seem to think they really do look like their av, that they really are a seven foot swordsman with a harem of 20 year old supermodels or whatever. 

Pixie has the best hair.  I’ve loved buying her wigs over the years. Big Peg Bundy bouffants that RL me could never have cause “fine, brittle, can’t color or perm or use an iron or crimper on it cause it’ll will just fall apart hair” is what I got stuck with.

I wish I had her hair. I guess in a way I do live vicariously thru her.  Tiaras & long fancy nails with diamonds 💎 on her fingers.  She digs in her garden & plants trees & flowers & has the nicest little house with no kitchen or bathroom.  No dishes to do or toilet to scrub.  It’s like Pixie is a pixel Barbie.  
Oh and she can fly 💕.  IRL I have “I just want to fly” (yes from Sugar Ray) down the side of my left forearm & a sailor Jerry swallow on my elbow.
But if I shift my gaze to the side of the screen I can see the kitchen & I can hear the washer & dryer.  No chance of me slipping too far into the illusion.  😝

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Of course,  my boobs stay perfectly perky when I lay down in RL too. I never have bed head and I strut down the high street with the most perfect wiggle

oh wait, nvm I just woke up :D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

im not a 7 foot swordsman. im a 6'9'' purple dragonness!!! how dare you say im not!!! im so insulted right now!!! :P

peeve... humans trying to tell me im one of them....

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Well here we go again with this absolute crap ...

Pet Peeve? Nah - outright irritant: Victim Complex.

To add to this, people who will blame everyone else for what goes wrong in their life when its obvious its their own actions that are making things go wrong

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, IvyLarae said:

To add to this, people who will blame everyone else for what goes wrong in their life when its obvious its their own actions that are making things go wrong

Its your fault I cant be happy!! You are all to blame for this! Your so mean and rude and hurtful!! 

peeve.. people who take life too seriously..

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, AdminGirl said:

Peeve: people who take jabs at each other on forums

That doesn't peeve me itself. But I do get annoyed when peeve threads turn into places for people to take swipes over personal conflicts or arguments that belong to another particular thread. 

• Like 5

Pet peeve: when the original pet peeve thread gets locked for going off-topic, and people then immediately set off with personal drama in the new one, that's likely to get this locked as well. 

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

When a cheese doesn't warn you how hot it is.

I've just been attacked by one that burned me right up my nose.  And it was my last piece of cheese until the delivery on Monday. :( 

I have an unopened pack of Stilton in my fridge. I would share it with you if I could. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I've just been attacked by one that burned me right up my nose. 

With jalapenos?  That's my favorite kind, great on a rye crisp cracker.  🥰

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

With jalapenos?  That's my favorite kind, great on a rye crisp cracker.  🥰

It was one of a pack of cheeses I got, but I didn't look closely enough at the ad.  Now I see it's called Red Devil and is Red Leicester with chillies and crushed pepper.

I suppose I could startle the pigeons with it.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

peeve.. people getting peeved when a thread gets locked.. its part of being on the internet and on a forum. 

No actually its not. The how do you look today thread is still around, threads only get locked when people either start drama or refused to stay on tye topic the thread is about

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I've just been attacked by one that burned me right up my nose.  And it was my last piece of cheese until the delivery on Monday. :( 

I'm sorry for laughing, but your post did make me laugh. We had a selection of cheeses at Christmas, and one was supposed to be sweet chilli, which sounded fab, but that had a kick like a mule. I am also sorry you haven't got any more cheese coming until Monday. I wish I could pass you what I have, it's only low-fat mature cheddar though (I ordered full fat mature cheddar - I don't understand low-fat cheese at all). 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.