What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, AyelaNewLife said:

When Americans forget that, while they're certainly the largest single group of residents, most of the userbase is not American, and America is not the world.

It's not!?! :o

I'm teasing.

But!

I did run across this from last year (yeah I know... it's ham n eggs, I mean, Hamlet): https://nwn.blogs.com/nwn/2019/01/sl-web-traffic-mobile-facebook-youtube-similarweb.html

So yeah we are outnumbered... but only because there are more countries than just the US and the UK. :D

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, IvyLarae said:

Natural hair color packs that don't include a black color

AM I NOT NATURAL TO YOU!?

I never got that either.

Black hair is the darkest and most common of all human hair colors globally, due to larger populations with this dominant trait. It is a dominant genetic trait, and it is found in people of all backgrounds and ethnicities. It has large amounts of eumelanin and is less dense than other hair colors. In English, various types of black hair are sometimes described as soft-black, raven black, or jet-black. The range of skin colors associated with black hair is vast, ranging from the palest of light skin tones to dark skin. Black-haired humans can have dark or light eyes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_hair

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Open Collar comes pretty darn close.  Free, too.

i know about oc im in their main group and their r&d group. but even with oc it lacks a lot of things that other rp huds.. sex huds.. body huds have.

i have PA.. and OC collar, and ~Silenced~ whim hud, then my body hud, then my emdash hud, then my sin-t hud, then an ao and then an expression hud for the body I use that is separate from the main body hud.

plus oc does not have things like combat or damage or health support in their collar. its a fairly limited system. so if I want that I have to add another hud for that.

Edited by Drakonadrgora Darkfold

13 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Wow.  High speed combat death sex play.  No wonder you need an expression HUD.

hqdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

OMG!!! I almost wet myself seeing that!! laughing my head off at that comment right now...

this is a peeve thread not a laugh thread.. stap it!!!

Edited by Drakonadrgora Darkfold

Those that stand exactly where the in-world TP are is....pleeease for the love of all things digitally rendered, just move a meter or to to the side. So that way when others TP in they're doing that whole "floating in the air like a Cheerio in milk"...waiting to see when I might land so I can move (cos flying isn't always an option). I do however like the stores that let you LM anyplace, so you don't have to tp in the always filled up landing zone(s).  *tips the proverbial hat in much gratitude to those places.*

22 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

When I see an ad for a really cute furniture set and then I go inspect it and it is extreme mesh overload. I mean, 16,368 triangles for a rug that is roughly 4.5m x 2.25m seems really excessive to me.  Am I crazy?

image.thumb.png.0e47c479cce1901b7499b187334ae07c.png

Bet you 10L$ the medium, low and lowest LOD are a single tri too :P

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Xplicit Halostar said:

Those that stand exactly where the in-world TP are is....pleeease for the love of all things digitally rendered, just move a meter or to to the side. So that way when others TP in they're doing that whole "floating in the air like a Cheerio in milk"...waiting to see when I might land so I can move (cos flying isn't always an option). I do however like the stores that let you LM anyplace, so you don't have to tp in the always filled up landing zone(s).  *tips the proverbial hat in much gratitude to those places.*

What you need to do as soon as your feet touch ground is give the landing point squatters a good shove. You'll find that your annoyance magically melts away! ;) 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Extrude Ragu said:

Bet you 10L$ the medium, low and lowest LOD are a single tri too :P

Damn close --  6, 6, 2 

And of course, it will switch from High to Med around 10m give or take a bit.  So it needs to be put in a small room that is not visible from outside the room.

*sigh*

2 hours ago, Dano Seale said:

I guess I'll need one of these for if I decide to put my girl alt's to work? Know any good ones? (non-RLV).

I've used one for many years called "Auto Emote".  It relies on the classic avatar facial morphs though.  If you use a mesh head, look elsewhere.

• Thanks 1

On 6/21/2020 at 6:25 PM, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

What you need to do as soon as your feet touch ground is give the landing point squatters a good shove. You'll find that your annoyance magically melts away! ;) 

I found a nice remedy to that issue, a nice little setting to FS viewer under world, all the way at the bottom, it says" show friends only"  & being I don't exactly have an abundance of them, chances are good when I click that & poof, no more loaded up landing zones...they be gone. As soon as you tp out they come back...unless you set it to not change in the viewer's preference settings. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.