What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 minutes ago, Xplicit Halostar said:

I found a nice remedy to that issue, a nice little setting to FS viewer under world, all the way at the bottom, it says" show friends only"  & being I don't exactly have an abundance of them, chances are good when I click that & poof, no more loaded up landing zones...they be gone. As soon as you tp out they come back...unless you set it to not change in the viewer's preference settings. :)

I use that setting once I land at an event and get situated in an out-of-the-way spot (and have movelock on so *I* don't get shoved lol). If you turn it on the second you land, does it allow you to drop to the ground immediately? Very cool, if so, and I will have to try that.  :) 

(If you want to make that setting even more convenient, you can add it as a toolbar button.)

• Like 2

On 6/21/2020 at 4:34 PM, Xplicit Halostar said:

Those that stand exactly where the in-world TP are is....pleeease for the love of all things digitally rendered, just move a meter or to to the side. So that way when others TP in they're doing that whole "floating in the air like a Cheerio in milk"...waiting to see when I might land so I can move (cos flying isn't always an option). I do however like the stores that let you LM anyplace, so you don't have to tp in the always filled up landing zone(s).  *tips the proverbial hat in much gratitude to those places.*

or you could ask the owners of the parcel/sim/region to add in a landing point mover. it randomly pushes people out of the landing zone in random directions after they land so they cannot just stay there and pile up.

19 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I use that setting once I land at an event and get situated in an out-of-the-way spot (and have movelock on so *I* don't get shoved lol). If you turn it on the second you land, does it allow you to drop to the ground immediately? Very cool, if so, and I will have to try that.  :) 

(If you want to make that setting even more convenient, you can add it as a toolbar button.)

sweet. I like that idea, thanks Sylvia. :)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:
31 minutes ago, Xplicit Halostar said:

I found a nice remedy to that issue, a nice little setting to FS viewer under world, all the way at the bottom, it says" show friends only"  & being I don't exactly have an abundance of them, chances are good when I click that & poof, no more loaded up landing zones...they be gone. As soon as you tp out they come back...unless you set it to not change in the viewer's preference settings. :)

I use that setting once I land at an event and get situated in an out-of-the-way spot (and have movelock on so *I* don't get shoved lol). If you turn it on the second you land, does it allow you to drop to the ground immediately? Very cool, if so, and I will have to try that. 

If you only show Friends, the other people are still there and you can still land on them and/or walk into them.  You just don't see what you are colliding with.  It's the same as derendering an object - if it isn't phantom, you'll still bump into it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

or you could ask the owners of the parcel/sim/region to add in a landing point mover. it randomly pushes people out of the landing zone in random directions after they land so they cannot just stay there and pile up.

I love those things. The first time I came across one was at Argrace, and I rode it about five times in a row just because they are fun. 

• Haha 2

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

If you only show Friends, the other people are still there and you can still land on them and/or walk into them.  You just don't see what you are colliding with.  It's the same as derendering an object - if it isn't phantom, you'll still bump into it.

That's what I thought, and I've always gone under the assumption that I need to watch radar when I'm moving around at events since I have everyone set to invisible. I was hoping I was wrong, though, because it would be fun to actually make them POOF from the landing point!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gregorian Chant said:

Firestorm's derendering feature where not only could one suppress avatars from view but their nametags as well.  When people bump and ram into my avatar, I couldn't tell if they genuinely couldn't see me or if they were being outright rude.

Of the ones not being outright rude, my guess is that some might not know that derendered people are still physically there, others might just forget, and others might now have the mini-map zoomed in far enough to know for sure where the people are, or they aren't watching the mini-map very closely.  I had to play with the min-map zooming a bit to get it to the right scale for me to not bump into folks.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gregorian Chant said:

Firestorm's derendering feature where not only could one suppress avatars from view but their nametags as well.  When people bump and ram into my avatar, I couldn't tell if they genuinely couldn't see me or if they were being outright rude.

Technically that's not the derendering feature, not like the blacklist/derender...it's a temporary solution to people that like to be super complex in rendering & like to park their rendered butts in the landing zone(s). You can still hear them & see their chats & gestures & stuff, just not them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xplicit Halostar said:

Technically that's not the derendering feature, not like the blacklist/derender...

Sort of.  If you blacklist/block a person, then you don't hear them anymore and you see them as a gray blob (unless you also have the Friends only thing set and then you won't see them at all).  If you derender an object (temporarily or permanent blacklist), it is still physically there, but you don't see it.  If it is a non-phantom object, you cannot walk through it.  Doing the Friends only thing is like derendering an object, but not like the blacklist/block of a person.

2 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I love those things. The first time I came across one was at Argrace, and I rode it about five times in a row just because they are fun. 

I like em to, & sometimes you can get stuck there for a bit because there's a collection of people who hadn't moved since they got moved by the landing zones clearer, at those really busy event sims. "round & round & round we go...yeehaw."

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

The fun of avatar stacking!  Especially if it's going to hit a prize board when someone post in a MM group to lock the board.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

...noobs who ask me where they can get a free appendage...and then when they have it, assume that I'm free as well.

You need to setup an auto-response...If I helped you & you found what you wanted, that's wonderful.  A thank you is kindly, appreciated. Oh, & by the way, I don't do freenis, just f.y.i. Have a nice day. :)

• Haha 1

Just happened right now (again):

When the good, realistic looking item is a fatpack exclusive and the plain, solid colour everything items are the only seperate ones. Like...wtf. Dear creators, you obviously know which items are the best looking, because you plastered them all over the advertisement. But this is not going to make me buy it, because I'm not going to drop 1050L on a simple pair of shirt and pants. Oh and the colour blob ones cost 250L.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Syo Emerald said:

Just happened right now (again):

When the good, realistic looking item is a fatpack exclusive and the plain, solid colour everything items are the only seperate ones. Like...wtf. Dear creators, you obviously know which items are the best looking, because you plastered them all over the advertisement. But this is not going to make me buy it, because I'm not going to drop 1050L on a simple pair of shirt and pants. Oh and the colour blob ones cost 250L.

This has seriously slowed down my shopping habit, I'm tired of monochrome colored outfits.

"Color to the world!!!'

-The Spice Girls

• Like 7

When people take part in a massive in world event (such as the SL Birthday event) where there are a huge number of stores, so a high number of avatars and they create mini stores with many items for sale in a wide variety of colors, and decorative items.    To make it worse, the sim builders load it down with a huge amount of plants, trees, moving objects, water features.   Each one on it's own doesn't add much - but taken all together it's a slideshow.  

I appreciate the work they do on these things - and I do enjoy going to them (even with the lag).   So I don't want to come across as being unappreciative.  I just don't appreciate the lag feature that is included with them lol

Edited by Yhishara Cerise

11 hours ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Another for the list. Websites that you can't navigate unless on a mobile device. One related to a show in world had a link to a blog and couldn't move around, no scroll bars or anything. Only said "wipe" and "tap." Some of us oldies still use the old fashioned computer. :D

Not just the oldies! I prefer my big screen over the phone anytime. And for SL I'm already on my computer, why should I suddenly pick up my phone to use a website with related content?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Syo Emerald said:

Not just the oldies! I prefer my big screen over the phone anytime. And for SL I'm already on my computer, why should I suddenly pick up my phone to use a website with related content?

its all about the second screen experience. so you dont tab out of the viewer if your logged in world. so you dont ruin your immersion to the game. its a new trend with some video games.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.