What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

17 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Guys who, uninvited, emote that they have spanked you when you aren't even wearing a spanker.

I went absolutely nuclear on an idiot who did that to me a year or so ago.  He was shocked: I think I was supposed to be "flattered."

I just try to sell them something that usually sends them packing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Creators who don't look at how their wares look in Advance Lighting Model.  I just demoed a dress shirt that had the material glossiness set to max.  It looked like I was wearing a mirror.  And this is from a major menswear maker.  

I've also seen lots of furniture that looks horrible with ALM turned on.

• Like 2

When you try to find an MP link through going to a creator's profile in the edit menu, get there - but it's in Portuguese. By now I know where the button is to change the language, but when it happened the first few times I didn't even know what words I was looking for to change it back.

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Ads that don't say if the item is copy/mod, so I have to go to the store to check................ and then the vendor doesn't provide that info either.

No Info, NO BUY !!!

I can agree with this one. see lots of things in the mp that did not say one or the other, then get the item and find out it was missing a permission I may have wanted in the past.

• Like 1

Pet peeve: People who come into a thread that has several replies to a question, apparently without bothering to read any of the replies that have already been posted, and repeat something that was already clearly said by at least one other person. It's like "Yes, five of us already gave the OP that answer, thanks for playing!"

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Pet peeve: People who come into a thread that has several replies to a question, apparently without bothering to read any of the replies that have already been posted, and repeat something that was already clearly said by at least one other person. It's like "Yes, five of us already gave the OP that answer, thanks for playing!"

...and your point would be?
...resumes redundant typing.

(Just pulling your chain.  I know I skirt the line on this a lot.  But often, it just seems to me, reading a number of responses, that the person who asked the question could be confused, so I try to summarize.)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

...and your point would be?
...resumes redundant typing.

(Just pulling your chain.  I know I skirt the line on this a lot.  But often, it just seems to me, reading a number of responses, that the person who asked the question could be confused, so I try to summarize.)

Oh yeah, clarification is cool, but you know what I mean... the ones who come onto the tail end of a thread and say the exact same thing that was already clearly stated by someone else, adding nothing new whatsoever, so that it appears they just did a "drive by". 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

peeve... people who think they have the right to tell others not to reply to a post just because someone else might have already done so in a similar manner.

I said nothing of the sort. 

Peeve: People who put words in my mouth. 

• Like 1

These damn things on footwear - especially boots - in SL:

2118026451_shoetabsargh.png.c1337036dbe9f7595c5e706f547be3f9.png

Sure, they look great in the ads and on the shelves. But finding pants they will actually not stick through at the back can be a bloody nightmare. At least give us the option to make those tabs invisible via HUD to allow for better fitting. >:(

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

These damn things on footwear - especially boots - in SL:

2118026451_shoetabsargh.png.c1337036dbe9f7595c5e706f547be3f9.png

Sure, they look great in the ads and on the shelves. But finding pants they will actually not stick through at the back can be a bloody nightmare. At least give us the option to make those tabs invisible via HUD to allow for better fitting. >:(

They do serve a purpose. In real life. Until you rip one off trying to pull your shoe on because inferior engineering.

/me runs

• Haha 1

We just got the thread back and you’re swerving! Vacuum the chips later - eyes on the road! 

I have, just now, decided that my pet peeve is people who are late. More specifically, late to sleeping. 

I might be my own pet peeve. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.