What are some more of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1186 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

34 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Guys who, uninvited, emote that they have spanked you when you aren't even wearing a spanker.

I went absolutely nuclear on an idiot who did that to me a year or so ago.  He was shocked: I think I was supposed to be "flattered."

I always immediately do /me spanks you back.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

That just encourages them.

Marigold has the better idea. Fart into their hand when they do it.

No, usually there’s a long pause, where I imagine they’re deciding if they should escalate or leave it alone. Then you just get an “lol”.

I like the fart idea!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Guys who, uninvited, emote that they have spanked you when you aren't even wearing a spanker.

I went absolutely nuclear on an idiot who did that to me a year or so ago.  He was shocked: I think I was supposed to be "flattered."

I dislike those things and usually just block people who do that, often at clubs there is one person who decides to spank everyone... sigh... SL takes away that face to face interactions where in the real world if you smacked random people on the butt you would get shot. (or at least pepper sprayed)

• Like 3

Why doesn’t anyone talk in SecondLife? It’s honestly like a glorified IMVU. No one says anything and everyone seems so stuck up. Honestly, I get the feeling I keep being ignored on SL because my avatar is black. I dunno. Went to the Hello Kitty waterpark thing and everyone just seemed rude. 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

Why doesn’t anyone talk in SecondLife? It’s honestly like a glorified IMVU. No one says anything and everyone seems so stuck up. Honestly, I get the feeling I keep being ignored on SL because my avatar is black. I dunno. Went to the Hello Kitty waterpark thing and everyone just seemed rude. 

Most are rude.... but I found that unless you make the first move most people won't talk.  I do not know if people are stuck up or just lost in their own world.

• Like 1

Sometimes I still say "hello" in local but it's very very rare that anyone answers - so over time I am doing that less and less. 

In the past I feel this lead to conversations more often, but also depending on the place you were in. Particularly Chakryn Forest and The Junkyard sandbox at Ponkotsu stuck in my mind as places where I met lots of wonderful people.

Now I most frequently meet people via my shop and still occasionally from conversations in IM when I am commenting on something about the other avatar or a venue.

Pet Peeve: Group gifts that are no mod(ify) - and are not available to buy mod either - when all the shop's normal sales are mod.

9 hours ago, Janet Voxel said:

I think in that circumstance I’d go more for a /me hits you with a waffle iron ;) 

Peeve: Avs that walk around with some kind of music attachment

Edited by Sister Nova
Added a peeve to keep on topic
  • Like 1

On June 12, 2020 at 1:23 PM, Luna Bliss said:

My Pet Peeve is that those who claim materialism as the only reality think they own the world.   🤣

Wow we actually agree on something significant

On 6/13/2020 at 2:26 AM, Istelathis said:

The strongest pet peeve I have, is when I allow myself to get annoyed over things that shouldn't matter.  I find it a flaw in myself, things like going the speed limit because a car in front of me is following the law.  Why do such things annoy me?  I wish I could go through life, without as much of a concern over things.  I really don't want to end up a grumpy old person, waving my fists at everything and spending my days complaining to others about trivial things that shouldn't matter that much.

On 6/13/2020 at 7:45 AM, Polenth Yue said:

I wondered this and it looks like it's because it turned into an ASMR thread, so my peeve is why didn't people start an ASMR thread so we could talk about our favourite stuff. But no, it got hidden in a random long thread where most people wouldn't look and then got locked for being off-topic, so I have peeves people. So many peeves!

I still don't like it when fly gets turned off in places. That's my eternal pet peeve.

People usually just carry on an "off topic" convo' wherever it gets started.....until the thread gets locked and THEN they open a dedicated thread!

10 hours ago, Janet Voxel said:

"Congrat's! You just made a 50 yr old hairy arsed trucker running around in a girl avi very happy. Wanna f*** now?" ....Tends to work well!

8 hours ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

With us men it's mostly to do with this:

9 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Emoting a punch in the nut sack works well, too.

😆

47 minutes ago, Dano Seale said:

"Congrat's! You just made a 50 yr old hairy arsed trucker running around in a girl avi very happy. Wanna f*** now?" ....Tends to work well!

I assumed you were older than 50.  Ooops sorry 👼

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

my favorite responses since im a dragonness in sl is /me sets you on fire then eats you for you are tasty with ketchup.

I have a spanker I wear but it has an access list, anyone not on it cant use it. 

Edited by Drakonadrgora Darkfold

On 6/12/2020 at 6:26 PM, Rolig Loon said:

OK.... Not a recurring peeve but one that is appropriate for today....  Getting to almost the end of a week without major things going off the rails, and then watching things start to unravel at 2:30 on a Friday.  It's not that weekends are really any different from the rest of the week, but my brain says that Fridays are for cleaning up loose ends, not for watching them spawn.

I know exactly how you feel and totally agree!

peeve.. locking yourself in a cage for 6 weeks for some peaceful isolation to have your owner come by and unlock it saying you deserve to be treated better.. :P

he doesn't like when I self isolate or self punish.. he is such a softy at times..but well..thats what makes him such a good Dom too.

Edited by Drakonadrgora Darkfold
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:
3 hours ago, Dano Seale said:

I assumed you were older than 50. 

I read it as "50-something hairy arsed trucker" and it fit better with my mental image.

(not gonna say what that 'something' was in my image)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I read it as "50-something hairy arsed trucker" and it fit better with my mental image.

Women are cruel!  😢....I'll have you know I'm a very young 48 and have been telling everyone such for the past 10 years ffs!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Talligurl said:
On 6/12/2020 at 12:23 PM, Luna Bliss said:

My Pet Peeve is that those who claim materialism as the only reality think they own the world.   🤣

Wow we actually agree on something significant

It might be the most significant thing to agree on out of all of this world...

❤️

• Like 1

Today's peeve:  Stores that sell mesh building components, but don't have the items on display and there is not rezzer the show the items either.  I'll be damned if I'm forking over money for some mesh piece that I can't even see -- even if it is on sale and roughly half regular price.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
spelling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1186 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.